Awesome show and nye run...& lookin 4ward to more. 1 complaint w/ WELLMONT

deadfan

• Forum MVP

balls aren't the problem - desire is. i'll grant u i'm VERY sarcastic - but i watched the board bash my home state and just jabbed back - u, like a majority of the children on this board should lighten up - but don't fret, i post very rarely - just ignore me

Rarely and only with negativity. And light is what is what I'm about- lightening up the darkness with which you poison this board. Sarcasm, negativity, in your case I don't see the difference. How about talking about something you like for once? I'm seriously questioning your intentions here.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

hey rick e what is "all the aspects of the drunk nj dead scene..." mean? scratch that - i really couldn't care less. us garden staters don't like u sober people comin round much anyway - so net tour why don't u just skip the state

I like to catch shows as much as I can. I don't think skipping NJ is an option. DSO plays there quite a bit. I even see Furthur and occasionally Splintered in the state. I always have a great time and find a place suitable for the way I like and plan to dance and enjoy myself. I don't like sticky floors or beer spilled on me. I don't like zoning out talkers. I really hate strangers shouting lyrics in my face. I didn't mean to offend you or clump you in with that crowd - although maybe your apart of it. My friends certainly wouldn't describe me as sober. I try to accept all people and I find a place in any venue suitable to me and try my best to allow those who like to enjoy the music in a different way have their fun too. I grew up in Philadelphia and I have some of the same complaints about the Philly, DC, and NYC dead scenes. Didn't mean to single you out. I liked how the E Factory keeps the drinkers off the dance floor. They do that at the Crystal Ballroom in Portland too. One of my favorite venues.

I probably shouldn't have addressed your post with a serious response, but at the end of the day, were all brothers and sisters and I would rather choose to address your negativity with kindness. If you ever introduce yourself, I certainly have a huge for you. Peace and love.

I guess the band doesn't like them. I like them though, specially since they blur when you flash them in front of you. They were given to me at the show as a gift but some bands are cool with them. I have seen them at many a splintered show and I have seen them being thrown around for free by the venue. (IE. the servers were wearing them and then they threw them out to the crowd..so i presumed it was the venue that distributed them). Hey, I got busted for trying to distribute glow sticks. They could have gotten me for worse..lol..Of course I AM just kiddin!

Hey Ducats...last time I saw you, I believe u were on your way to Alaska..am I correct or do I have the wrong person? I'll tell you, the one state that I like the least when it comes to its fans is my own state cuz there are just not enough people willing to dance. Maybe a drink or two would loosen them up. On the other hand, there are some people who just shouldn't get drunk, no matter what state from. :)

you never saw me - i saw you at the 76 (wigjam) house. don't know what state you're from but NJ dancers rank in the top 5 imo. the electricity (on par with 20k dancers for importance-again imo) that made MSG the place for a dead show was partly because of us garden staters that crossed the GWB. I've said it before; the electricity in the garden when the lights went down was second to none.

• Forum MVP

I guess the band doesn't like them. I like them though, specially since they blur when you flash them in front of you. They were given to me at the show as a gift but some bands are cool with them. I have seen them at many a splintered show and I have seen them being thrown around for free by the venue. (IE. the servers were wearing them and then they threw them out to the crowd..so i presumed it was the venue that distributed them). Hey, I got busted for trying to distribute glow sticks. They could have gotten me for worse..lol..Of course I AM just kiddin!

We don't like them for two reasons, they break speakers and they hurt like hell when you are pegged with them. No better way to ruin our night than to interfere with the sound!!!

We don't like them for two reasons, they break speakers and they hurt like hell when you are pegged with them. No better way to ruin our night than to interfere with the sound!!!

what about balloons and bubbles?

:-)

Yeah that's cool...I respect the band's wishes...Didn't mean to offend but it is goo dn okow, cuz now I won't bring them along. Also, Ducats, sorry, got hte "cat" wrong...I know a different "cat". Peace. Also, I have danced with many a great dancer from NJ.

• Forum MVP

Lisa is our friend bro, we've ALL known her for alot of years. I just can't figure out why you have to be so antagonistic towards her all the time. Without going into detail, she has done alot of things for alot of people on these boards. She is a kind and beautiful soul, and I think that some of your posts over time alluding to her, have not been very nice to put it mildly.

I really don't want to get into a pissing contest with you here ducats. I just want to politely ask you to please stop taking shots at Lisa, and end it there. Thanks.

• Forum MVP

Plus one to the above. A gentle jape aimed at someone you know is one thing; we all do that here as there is a group of us that have known each other through thick and thin for the better part of a decade. We met courtesy of DSO shows but our lives intersect on more than that level now.

The cat, as you put it, is a central member of this group. Your pokes at her began some time ago and gentle public (as well as maybe some more assertive private) requests to cool it were made. Things did seem to calm down.

I'm not a subscriber to any school of thought that holds all your posts to be negative or without redeeming social value. No one has that right or duty; no one here can cast that stone.

But I know I'm not the only one who wonders what the fuck your deal is. Lisa cares about this scene and it's well-being as much as any of us and more than many. So if you have some issue with any of her actions, words, or attitude why don't you just come out and scream it.

I don't know you, at least by your handle here, and I have no idea if you know me. You are probably a very cool dude; most everyone here that I've had the privilege of meeting is. But we know Lisa well. Please show some character and just let things be.

thank you friends.

hmmm well what can I say besides the fact that still to this day I have no idea who ducats is and don't believe I have ever met him.

I have learned many lessons from folks during my time here and one that i have learned is that there is always going to be someone that wants to bring you down...for whatever reason. Some may say I can be a handful at times, but by no means am I a bad person. I love my friends here very much and am as grateful as can be for this scene. So there is no way I would let someone like ducats bring me down....he's just a vampire. as we say, fuck it, just dance harder.

some guys just don't know how to approach a pretty girl and end up making an ass out of themselves ... take a cold shower ducats , and re-work your approach ...

This pretty girl approached me at the NYE Electric Factory show and started to dance with me, but I assumed she fell on me--shows how often women approach me. Due to my confused reaction, she stopped and stayed by me. Eventually I looked over at her, and she, assuming I wasn't interested, walked away. I realized a few minutes later she probably wanted to dance with me. One could say I do badly with the ladies.

Oh well. They played a great Stella Blue--what more could one ask for?

This pretty girl approached me at the NYE Electric Factory show and started to dance with me, but I assumed she fell on me--shows how often women approach me. Due to my confused reaction, she stopped and stayed by me. Eventually I looked over at her, and she, assuming I wasn't interested, walked away. I realized a few minutes later she probably wanted to dance with me. One could say I do badly with the ladies.

Oh well. They played a great Stella Blue--what more could one ask for?

For me, at shows, I do not take well to being approached while I'm dancing.....that's my sacred space. I do not go to shows to meet guys. I go to dance. That's all. Shows are very deep, and you never know what that person is experiencing while they are in the music. Its probably not a good time to make an approach. And I do understand that not everyone has the same "spiritual" connection to the music. Some go to shows just to socialize and get drunk and that's fine too.

My advice to you guys- if you see a pretty gal at a show (and here I'm talking only about the dancer types....), just go dance near her-close enough that there is a possibility that you can connect via dance, but not in her space, throw off some good vibes then wait until the music is OVER (not between songs) and tell her you had fun dancing around/with her. dancing is a wonderful form of communication in itself. and for god's sake, NEVER tell a girl you want or like to watch her dance. That's just plain creepy.

and PS- we LOVE guys who dance, (and I mean really dance- shaking your ass around doesn't count), WITH us. (and by with, I do not mean physically) If a fun, good vibing, non-creepy, guy came into my corner and started getting down, I could probably easily be swept off my feet. Maybe.

Archived