Nashville--are u kidding me!

Rude

• Forum MVP

So we get in when the doors open and see acoustic guitars, just an organ for Rob R., and drum sets with just 2 cymbals so I knew it had to be acoustic or a really old show. So when the band gets on stage, Rob E. says since they are in Nashville they are going to do something different and play 3 sets. 1st set all acoustic wow!! He said we are the guinnea pigs so I assumed incorrectly that it was an original show. The 1st set ripple, brokedown palace was fantastic. 2nd set opens with Cumberland blues----> cold rain and snow. This 2nd set was owned by Rob Eaton. Bobby would have wished he could play that good in 70. 2nd set was jeff and rob playing off each other. Absolutely amazing. Robs guitar was turned way up all 2nd and 3rd set and he rocked it. I guess standing right in front of him and 8 feet from his speaker stack made a difference. Couldnt hear the vocals that well or Rob Bs organ but the guitars and bass sounded amazing on the rail. When they played China Rider in the 3rd set, the small but energized crowd erupted. I thought it would be impossible to top St Louis, but this did it.

• Forum MVP

Recreation:

11/7/70 Capitol Theater Port Chester NY

One (Acoustic): Deep Elem Blues ; Monkey And The Engineer ; Big Railroad Blues ; Operator ; El Paso ; *How Long Blues ; Ripple ; Brokedown Palace > Uncle John's Band

Two: Cumberland Blues ; Cold Rain And Snow ; It Hurts Me Too ; Beat It On Down The Line ; Truckin' > Drums > The Other One > Casey Jones

Three: Attics Of My Life ; Sugar Magnolia ; Big Boss Man ; Mama Tried ; China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider ; I'm A King Bee ; Good Lovin'

Filler: In The Midnight Hour > New Orleans

(*) - First time played by DSO

Good god. Dropped the freaking hammer.

I saw the setlist and was intrigued by How Long Blues, so I looked up the original show on Archive and while in 1970, I stumbled upon this Workingman's Dead outtakes. There's a tune in there called Tastebud sung by Pig that I had never heard. Holy Smokes, that's yer blues right there!! For a moment at the beginning of the tune, Pig sounds like one of the old Masters (Muddy, Wolf?).

http://www.archive.o...7319.sbeok.shnf

The below was right above dated 1970-00-00. It appears to be Jerry working out the WD arrangements, but I have yet to listen. Take a peek peeps!

http://www.archive.o...24.sbeok.flac16

Looking forward to South Florida!! :headbang:

Tell All Your Friends.... :dsorocks:

Amazing show!!! By the time the 3rd set came around and they played China>Rider I didn't think it could get any better, but they DSO delivers an amazing King Bee followed up by a mind blowing Good Lovin. I can honestly say I have never danced that hard in my life. I just have one plea for DSO and that is stop by Nashville more often!!!

I saw the setlist and was intrigued by How Long Blues, so I looked up the original show on Archive and while in 1970, I stumbled upon this Workingman's Dead outtakes. There's a tune in there called Tastebud sung by Pig that I had never heard. Holy Smokes, that's yer blues right there!! For a moment at the beginning of the tune, Pig sounds like one of the old Masters (Muddy, Wolf?).

http://www.archive.o...7319.sbeok.shnf

The below was right above dated 1970-00-00. It appears to be Jerry working out the WD arrangements, but I have yet to listen. Take a peek peeps!

http://www.archive.o...24.sbeok.flac16

Looking forward to South Florida!! :headbang:

Tell All Your Friends.... :dsorocks:

I've always loved How Long Blues. Check out 7/14/70 at the Euphoria Ballroom. That was the version that turned me on to the song long ago.

Archived