Levon

VincentPuleo

• Band Member

Levon was one of my true heroes. I was fortunate enough to spend some time with him at Bonaroo a few years back. He was so gracious and answered many of my questions and asked some of me as well. After spending about 45 minutes together, I asked if we could take a picture before he left. His reply: "It won't do ya any good but ifyanta, let's do it".

That pic hangs proudly on my wall. I'll miss his drumming, his voice, his energy and soul very very much.

Rip Levon. No one that has ever heard him will be able to forget that deep voice with the southern twang. Certainly one of the best voices of the genre. The Band is kinda like the Dead in they have a genre all their own with Levon being the anchor. I wish I could have seen him live.

Peace,

Joe

• Forum MVP

I posted something similar to this in the other bands levon thread just think all should know abb did makes no difference and the weight w bobby and some other guests in levons honor. It was a special moment i was glad to be apart of.

i attended yesterday's memorial for fans. there were busloads of folks so you couldn't stay too long. i was originally thinking there would be some interaction with the hosts but that was not to be due to the amount of visitors. in the stage area was the casket, levon's set up drum kit and tons of flowers. his life in photos played on a screen above the area. as far as i could tell, no family or band members were around during our time there. the ramble staff was there and others that take care of such funeral related things. there were three areas designated to park in woodstock with buses running back and forth. by the time i got to the parking area i chose, one of the others was already full up and closed to further cars. i understand about 2,000 attended. some folks got pretty emotional. we were interviewed on video for the daily freeman.

http://dailyfreeman.com/articles/2012/04/26/news/doc4f9983b18bd3f984920530.txt

Archived