Boston, Wilbur Theater, 6/1/12

TJed

DSO brilliantly and lovingly re-created:

04/14/72 (Fri) Tivoli Theater - Copenhagen, Denmark

Set 1: Bertha, Me & My Uncle, Mr. Charlie, You Win Again, Black Throated Wind, Chinatown Shuffle, Loser, Me And Bobby McGee, Cumberland Blues, Playing In The Band, Tennessee Jed, El Paso, Big Boss Man, Beat It On Down The Line, Casey Jones

Set 2: Truckin', It Hurts Me Too, Brown Eyed Women, Looks Like Rain, Dark Star > Sugar Magnolia, Good Lovin' > Caution (Do Not Stop On The Tracks) > Who Do You Love > Caution (Do Not Stop On The Tracks) > Good Lovin', Ramble On Rose, Not Fade Away > Goin' Down the Road Feeling Bad > Not Fade Away, E: One More Saturday Night Filler: Sing Your Blues Away

Well, this one totally blew me away!!!

Thank you, DSO, for all that you do.

This show was a monster with a wraparound good lovin that was one for the ages. Finally got a chance to catch Rob B and Lisa interpreting Pigpen. Both just incredibly great. Several interpretations floated around about the jam in the midst of Dark Star - was there an Eyes tease there? Was there one in the original? -- this April 72 show is 10 months before Eyes was introduced in concert. Just whose tease was it?

Thank you DSO for a spectacular match for last year's unbeatable Wilbur outing. I just wish the security there weren't such Nazis.

absolutely fantastic show with a lot of stellar tunes packed in there, at a venue that left a lot to be desired. got a "standing room only" ticket but apparently according to staff i wasnt allowed to stand anywhere. kept getting kicked out of every sport i tried to dance. even when i asked WHERE ON EARTH standing room only people were allowed to dance. the only reply i got was "NOT HERE." how helpful. managed to get down on the floor for the second set and was left alone to dance to my hearts content until about three songs left of the 2nd set when i got dragged off the floor by security. i was finally so fed up i just went to the back of the venue by the doors and waited out the end of the show. it really irritated me because i am a respectful person and dancer and only come to enjoy the music and friends. stop trying to hassle the people who arent causing problems and start focusing on the people who are. i most likely will not be returning to the wilbur theater if i ever end up with a standing room only ticket. i cant handle the stress :) especially when the music of the grateful dead is like my own personal therapist! :)

• Forum MVP

hmmm didn't I say something about the wilbur theatre sucking? my guess is that it still sucks. It played a large part in my decision NOT to drive to boston even though I knew the show was going to be good. I know it was out of the band's control, not trying to throw any blame around here, just sayin...

• Advisory Board

Sucky venues suck...

Never been to the Wilbur, but after hearing all the bullshit with the staff, I'm pretty sure I won't ever go...

I seriously don't understand the minds of security like the ones at the WIlbur... if you're not causing any trouble, and just dancing, what's the fucking problem?? Why go out of your way to send/give out bad vibes to someone who doesn't need them? I don't get it... must be a mASShole thing...

Archived