Songs You Will Not Dance To

Octal

• Forum MVP

There's dancing and then there's dancing. Some certainly do present challenges as far as full tilt boogeying goes, and Ballad is a good example. Days Between comes to mind, also. Often an atonal, dissonant Space is another (although those can be mighty pleasing to the head). But I honestly can't think of one I have been unable to at least sway, rock, and bob around to. And there are none that I refuse to move to out of any sense of wrongness, stubborn deeply held opposition to all that the song stands for, or a firm conviction that the song just plain sucks. That is different from being unable to dance; usually I'm still walking, so...

Ditto to everything Chuck said. For me, The Eleven throws me every time, but it doesn't stop me!

Tip for The Eleven:

1-2-3

1-2-3

1-2-3

1-2

or

1-2-3

4-5-6

7-8-9

10-11

and "seven" is abbreviated to "sev." Same with "eleven."

• Forum MVP

Although I will dance to whatever DSO plays, I do enjoy watching people sit or get their beer or pee during whatever song it is they do that to. It teaches you about people. Also, what songs people DANCE THEIR ASSES OFF to tells you a lot. Whether ppl dance slow or fast to a fast or slow song is also an indicator that teaches.

Watching older guys leave the area for various songs teaches you what era they loved ;) glad most of us star heads don't get so caught up on that shit.

Although I will dance to whatever DSO plays, I do enjoy watching people sit or get their beer or pee during whatever song it is they do that to. It teaches you about people. Also, what songs people DANCE THEIR ASSES OFF to tells you a lot. Whether ppl dance slow or fast to a fast or slow song is also an indicator that teaches.

Watching older guys leave the area for various songs teaches you what era they loved ;) glad most of us star heads don't get so caught up on that shit.

I'd have to say watching people pee is my favorite part of the concert too.

• Forum MVP

When you are in a real tight space and up close, it's a problem when you can't hold your bladder till set break or the set closer. The empty spot give stragglers ideas and invites drama.

It's always a bummer when the gals and guys can't hold their pee in those situations.

Archived