St Stephen reprise

Around and around*

Morning dew

9-25-76 columbus, oh

*with Donna Jean

Help on the way

Slip knot

Franklins tower

What a jewel that was. Sugaree was sublime. Crazy Fingers, wharfrat, and a Dew closer.... Holy shit. Big props to all the crew here and bands for overcoming many obstacles from the storms and delivering some awesome music. The main stage was toast yesterday, so all bands playin on small stage, but the sound is solid. Probably another 6" of rain last night. Campground looks like Vietnam this morning. But, clearing sky's and a full day of music ahead. Nothing left to do but smile.

• Forum MVP

An incredible show! Gorgeous LLR and Crazy Fingers. DSO rocked the rockers hard and I just danced my hiney off. What a gargantuan effort by everyone to make it happen yesterday, as gr8fulpair said--lots of weather-lated stuff to deal with including the main stage being kaput. Huge kudos to DSO and campground crew for working all day into the night to get everything together. Sound was fantastic and lights were terrific too. I also have to say that there is a really wonderful crowd here at the Jubilee--a real family feeling among everyone. I am loving it. One more amazing day!!

• Forum MVP

This show was my favorite of the 3. The Sugaree and Crazy fingers in the first set were fantastic. The second set rocked from the start with a rare Lazy Lightning 2nd set opener right on through the giant Stephen sandwhich, hell I even enjoyed the NFA, which is generally a stretch for me. Absolutely blown away.

• Forum MVP

This was the 1st time my buddy saw a 70s DSO show. He thought that Friday night was unbeatable until he saw this 76 show. The guitar jams of Rob and Jeff blew my mind. There's no way I could pick out a favorite jam as they were all amazing.

Morning dew was an insane encore if I had to pick a song that just blew me away slightly more than all the others.

This whole show just blew my mind. what an incredible setlist. Peggy o and crazy fingers were a treat and the st Stephen nfa sandwich explosion was incredible! all of the weather difficulties and stage switching didn't seem to phase anyone a bit and the band just blew it out of the water! I can't even begin to explain how much fun I had before during and after this show. the band seemed to be having such a great time and that energy just swept over the crowd. loved it!! can we do it again soon please?! :)

• Forum MVP

Ya'll know me, I hear '76 at the soundcheck thursday and get that self righteous little bounce in my step "that's right, they BETTER play a '76 this weekend!" I tell myself.... and then in the rain and chaos and the stage fades away and I hear they aren't even gonna bother with electric instruments tonight and I am devastated. BUMMER I think, no way can they take away my '76 show!

And, of course, as the stage set up and then the much anticipated Music Sugar opener indicated, we got our '76 and I ran off to give up my spot in front to a girl who really wanted it and found my darling in time to meet him at the jubilee and dance with our friends the rest of this show. Having Donna come on and off the stage throughout was just AMAZING and such a BLESSING! I felt so very THERE.

Minglewood made those that hadn't quite realized how much fun we were having finally give in and kick back all through the Rambling and then we all swooned together for LL Rain. So pretty and we all felt those raindrops spatter for an instant towards the end. Very moving Peggy-O and I was glad to be dancing with friends and thinking of times we would all face and sail through. marvelous el paso that had us all in that sparkling desert despite the damp around us but it was Crazy Fingers that really brought this first set to a peak and we all started thinking THIS is why we came this weekend. THIS MOMENT!

It's all over now and no it won't be the same EVER and I was sad for our friend that once again we were in for a Scarlet with no Fire but the scarlet was so good we were just grateful for it and WOW..... at the Norva I think I shook the hand of the guy that shook my hand the first time during that part of scarlet at the DSO 12th anniversary show back in 2009 and this was my fresh first handshake since then.... I LOVE the circles and patterns this music creates!

OHHHHHH when they do Lazy Lightning you guys KNOW how excited I get, this is MY SONG! and since I was dancing with friends this night, I got hugs over it which is always silly and fun. I LOVE these FORUMS!!! And Eaton was so caught up in the moment that the words could barely find voice and placement for a moment but then he took that lightning and made it his and then it was MY lightning TOO ohhhhh so dizzy!!!! SOOO GOOD!

Ramble on and Must have been give us multiple roses in the same show and that is one reason 76 makes me happy and one reason why this was my favorite show of the weekend. No one left behind, it was story time, and that legendary couple was about to be shown to us with strings and fingers, notes and melodies. we all danced so hard to tear the universe down (stage was already gone, afterall!) and when they got to St Stephen I knew this would be my favorite show of the weekend. Got both of my roses, my Lazy LIghtning and NOW we get our booth's namesake song which is also my "i live in california" anthem with St Stephen whoooohoooo! So great with that NFA tucked in for us to giggle over and Wharf Rat to make me SO HAPPY I wasn't in the front where I'm sure all the drunks gravitated towards as they always do and they played it so well it made me nearly fly away. Sanwhich wrap ups to bring our heads back around and around and around and around..... OH YES!!! THAT was a Grateful Dead concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEN we get our Morning Dew as it POURS freaking rain down and by the end its all dry and everyone talked about it for the rest of the weekend. DSO masters the weather lol.

On to Help slip frank and my gosh ya'll it doesn't get better than this it just doesn't! (until the next show!)

Hot tea was needed after this one and though we got NO SLEEP this night because of the rain, it didn't matter, this music in my head kept me bailing out water on a sea of roses where all the foggy dew is rolled away.

Archived