Drums-> Jam->

I Need A Miracle->

Dear Mr. Fantasy->

Playin' In The Band->

Morning Dew,

E:Not Fade Away

filler the weight

• Forum MVP

Good jack straw and west la. Interesting placement of aiko and watchtower but I liked it a lot. I can appreciate those kinds of screwballs. Watchtower was ridiculously strong too.

Scarlet fire was otherworldly as was dew. Show was a bit short for my liking but still great nonetheless. Brokedown was quite moving and the weight was great way to send us off into the night.

As always, just a stupendous time at Penns peak. Lots of dancing room to the right of the soundboard. So happy I got to see everyone again. Hope to see you all soon, you know who you are.

Happy thanksgiving everyone!i

• Forum MVP
Interesting placement of aiko and watchtower but I liked it a lot. I can appreciate those kinds of screwballs.

Iko & Watchtower placement due to Carlos Santana guest appearance. 2nd best Carlos sighting with the Dead, IMHO, behind only the ridiculously hot Bird Song from Vegas '91.

Guest crazy digits

interestingly enough, on the ride up, i looked at deadbase to figure out the placement of scarlet in the first set at the garden in 87. I commented on the fact it may have been the first time scarlet had been played in the first set since 76 and the last time ever in the first set...anyhoo...was scrolling down and saw the angels camp show and remarked about how carlos sat in with the dead that night for aiko> watchtower,,,,a show that I remember well, the closing show of that tour and a particularly strong show from start to finish....fast forward to end of first set last night and it dawned on me that this was in fact the caleveras county ( angels camp ) show....needless to say, I enjoyed it very much and relived a little bit of that energy again....the whole show was tight....havent missed a penns peak show since dso started playing here some years ago...great venue, great peeps...thanks dso and happy thanksgiving to all and all a good night.

Yeah my friends and I all agreed a really strong Scarlet>Fire and Morning Dew. The Morning Dew just kept going and going, I absolutely loved it. My friend Brittani and I really enjoyed the space, we thought it was divine and were both really moved by it.

Awesome awesome night overall, though I do agree and wish it was a bit longer. I was hoping the band would make up for it with a nice long filler, but The Weight was still cool. The band works really hard either way so I was thankful for such an killer time. Everyone told me before I went there that Penn's Peak was the shit, and it really is. I can't wait to return to that place. My friends and I all agree we personally thought it was one of our favorite nights, not just musically, but in general we were just so happy and dying of laughter on the way there and on the way back to Buffalo. Very heady crowd. I'm really glad I've gotten to meet some of you fellow dso forum members at the shows; you guys are great, and I look forward to many future great memories. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone.

Quote of the night - during Drums

"Where's my brain?"

Epic Scarlet>Fire - played as well as the founding fathers

Was it a sold-out show ? Shakedown Street was vibrant.

Yup it was sold out! Congrats DSO! And totally right about Shakedown Street being quite a scene. I was really impressed with it.

• Forum MVP

Yeah my friends and I all agreed a really strong Scarlet>Fire and Morning Dew. The Morning Dew just kept going and going, I absolutely loved it. My friend Brittani and I really enjoyed the space, we thought it was divine and were both really moved by it.

Awesome awesome night overall, though I do agree and wish it was a bit longer. I was hoping the band would make up for it with a nice long filler, but The Weight was still cool. The band works really hard either way so I was thankful for such an killer time. Everyone told me before I went there that Penn's Peak was the shit, and it really is. I can't wait to return to that place. My friends and I all agree we personally thought it was one of our favorite nights, not just musically, but in general we were just so happy and dying of laughter on the way there and on the way back to Buffalo. Very heady crowd. I'm really glad I've gotten to meet some of you fellow dso forum members at the shows; you guys are great, and I look forward to many future great memories. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone.

Unfortunately every venue has a curfew. Penns Peak has a hard curfew and they demand that you not go one minute beyond. Believe me, we would play until the cows come home if we could:-) Thanks for all you support! RB

• Forum MVP

interestingly enough, on the ride up, i looked at deadbase to figure out the placement of scarlet in the first set at the garden in 87. I commented on the fact it may have been the first time scarlet had been played in the first set since 76 and the last time ever in the first set...

Actually, Scarlet->Fire opened the show 4/15/88 Rosemont Horizon, so '87 MSG was the penultimate 1st set version.

Archived