Anyone thinking Interlocken

GoingBackTo Where....

• Forum MVP

I'm not a devotee of the electronic noise either so I take your point in that regard; it is a damn sight better than it was for a while there. And on behalf of two fans who did try to be kind, thank you.

I hope everyone has gotten where they need to be at Gridlockn!

• Forum MVP

Fuck yea furthur!! Last night quality. Dis not here a bobby senior moment. The wr prelude was a great teat.

Terrapin opner very vey nice. Closed it up coming back into it. Standing on moon....beokedown encore. Let it gow...and thw fucking highlight. And I went nuts when I figurwd it our. Fantasy. ..so sweet:) brwn eywd fast and fun. Way tired. .will follow up. Great vibe. Good venue..great staff. Fuck all the walking.

Thwy sung casey jones last night faster than I have ever heard played. Towards in. The speed of there voice was nuts!! Good night. And yes furthur got better and jammed harder each night

• Forum MVP

I'd Love to hear about some of the other bands, but here was Furthurs effort at Gridlockin:

9/6 - Furthur

Set 1
Shakedown Street > Wheel > Cryptical > Estimated Prophet, Cold Rain and Snow, Cassidy, Jack Straw

Set 2
Dark Star v1 > Eyes Of The World > St. Stephen > Unbroken Chain > Dark Star v2 > Free > Mystic > Free*, Tennessee Jed*, Help is On The Way > Slipknot > Franklins Tower  E:  Touch of Grey

*w/ Zac Brown

9/6 - Phil Lesh, Bob Weir & Joe Russo
Furthur After Show (Acoustic)

1 Set

The Race Is On, Me & My Uncle, Loose Lucy, Masterpiece, Tom Thumb Blues, Ripple

9/7 - Working Man's Deads Night

Set 1

(Played in the album's original order)
Uncle John's Band, High Time, Dire Wolf, New Speedway Boogie, Cumberland Blues, Black Peter, Easy Wind, Casey Jones*

Set 2

Bertha*, Truckin >* The Other One*, Viola Lee Blues>*  Scarlet Begonias>* Fire On The Mountain*
*w/ Trey Anastasio (guitar & vocals)

9/8

Set1

Jam > Terrapin Station > *Samson And Delilah, #Brown-Eyed Women, #Box Of Rain, Prelude > Weather Report Suite > Let It Grow

Set II

Dear Mr. Fantasy > Playin' In The Band > Standin' On The Moon, Terrapin Flyer > Terrapin Reprise
Encore: Phil Donor Rap, Brokedown Palace

* With Susan Tedeschi On Guitar And Vocals
# With Jimmy Herring On Guitar

18 Days until Jackson Hole.....

:dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

Did not look at the stage, could not of even known Trey was up there during Fire.   I know Trey's sound.  Don't like it very much.  Phish is more frat party, than the church of GD, but......Trey held back, and blended in very very well!!

Each night got better as it went...at least for Furthur.   Bobby really forgot tons of stuff.  So what!!!!  The music was very nice.   It filled my soul as they would say.  

wish I had time for full run down, but I don't.   Couple days maybe.  Exhausting show.

Gridlock or not, it was a festive atmosphere.   Could do with out other bands.  Bring in the guys who played at Jubilee.  Much better sounds before the main act!!!!   Fuck bring all of jubilee in and have Furthur open for DSO:}~~!!!   

Phil bassed out very well all nights.  He was even shaking his head at Bobby at some moments.

Spreadheads are freaks.  Agro MF's they are.     My opinion only.  

Of course things got worse when I came back to my area of life.   At times it feels like the only choice I have ever made right was my choice in music, and after Cold Rain and Snow, I knew my choice was right!!!!   They really sounded good!!!

Told some wookie after second night that they jammed and actually sounded like GD.  He grinned laughed and asked me what "I knew about that:}" (he was being a typical elite hippy)   response:    "its ok kitty, we all need to learn and grow to become cats--Judging another by the looks of their cover is the first sign your still suckling:}!!!!"          That was funny for me and thought to share.

Hope to write soon, and share the nights.  Life again just blew the roof off my world. 

Best wishes to you all, and enjoy the colors of Fall!!!!

Peace

• Forum MVP

Told some wookie after second night that they jammed and actually sounded like GD.  He grinned laughed and asked me what "I knew about that:}" (he was being a typical elite hippy)   response:    "its ok kitty, we all need to learn and grow to become cats--Judging another by the looks of their cover is the first sign your still suckling:}!!!!"          That was funny for me and thought to share.

Hope to write soon, and share the nights.  Life again just blew the roof off my world. 

Best wishes to you all, and enjoy the colors of Fall!!!!

Peace

Uh-oh Sun > Don't pick on the Wooks, wouldn't want you to get yourself 'shived.'  Some members of that community don't take to kindly to being shown up.  Believe me, I know....I wish I didn't.  Sage advice though :)

Glad you had a good time at the festie but totally un-glad that Life is up in the air at the moment.  Here's to a nice soft landing.....

How about some NC fall colors from years past to cheer you up:

csg-Landscapes143-GreatSmokyMountains-No

• Forum MVP

Thanks T.  I needed a nature shot like that.   GD and nature fill my soul.   I got my soul filled last weekend, but it was not with out some sadness.

WSP  sounds the same.   Could not tell one song from another.   Warren, well.....I just wont comment.    Jimmy Cliff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    They were fun!!!      I like the Georgia boy Chicken Fried.  Was hoping to hear some of that "Radio Music".  Actually it gets my ass  moving.  Or maybe the number, I forget the name.  "Got my foot in the clay, pbr on the way".....    

Rest of the stuff just sounded like noise.  I gave it all a chance, but its hard to party down to music aside from the church of the original jam band.

thought to do a long review, but tired.............

So I just made my way through the first night of Furthur at Locken on ETREE and I must say it was good but a little downbeat. I love the sound very tight but flowing but not really a ass mover of a show if you know what I mean.

Sun, sage advise on the Wook indeed, had a friend "do one wrong" at a Panic show a few years back and he came out of the show to all four tires slashed and the windows of the car broken out>at least there was camping at the venue!!!!!

Archived