Anyone thinking Interlocken

GoingBackTo Where....

• Forum MVP

Debating going for three days to get some Furthur in me.    Not sure yet.

Wondering if anyone has thoughts about the event?  Anyone going?

I remember, before I got booted, that the sound in Atlantic City Furthur was horrible.  I could not even barely hear the music.  Think this place will be better?

Am I getting spoiled by DSO, smaller venues, louder music?

• Forum MVP

please share what you know of facebook.

Just checked it out, its in some old running grounds, Born not to far away from there..so I am excited.

Yea or Na?

I don't care about any of the other bands.  Just want GD.  Will Furthur put it out--fuck.  Last minute choices!!!

• Forum MVP

Think I just talked a fellow forum DSO head to take the leap.   Furthur on.     I promise to lay of the booze if Bobby does:}  Fuck who can afford it any more.

Just taste better than water ya know, with out the heartburn of red wine.  Excited, last minute to get a earful of GD!!!  Oh please do not disappoint.     Positive side Sunny, Please appreciate what you still get!!!

Just hope they let JK use his voice.   The music makes me cry, but the words and voices make me weep!!!

Yippe hope this works out!!!

• Forum MVP

I would probably take this in if I could - although my festy days are just about numbered.  The lineup took a pretty big hit with Neil Young having to bow out.  That may have been worth the price of admission right there.  I'm a HUGE Neil fan - one of the best songwriters/storytellers there has ever been.  He can still bring it too :)

Furthur                     >     It could work

Warren Haynes        >     Sure

Keller Williams         >     Ok

Widespread              >     Meh (although J. Fogarty sittin in might be cool)

Trey                          >     Meh

The Black Crowes    >     Sure

Jimmy Cliff                >     Yes please

Tedeschi Trucks       >     Sure

Zach Brown               >     Meh

String Cheese           >     Meh

Govt Mule                  >    Ok

I don't know much about the others.  When the lineup was announced I thought "Wow what a bill!"  After sitting with it for awhile, it just doesn't get my pulse up quite as much as I need it to.

Sun > I think you will enjoy yourself.  Just don't freak out when Bob Weir scats Standing on the Moon and Phil gives Sugaree a go.  The Workingman's album recreation has as much of a chance to be great as it does a trainwreck.  I'd still take my chances.

Have a blast my friend :)

• Forum MVP

I will wear headphones jamming DSO while Warren Haynes is playing:}!!!!

I hope Neil Young will remember, a southern man don't need him around anyhow!!!!

Widespread...Liked them for  a week 20 years ago.  

Not sure who else is playing, but surely with the nice weather, the location, location, location, along with some HOPEFUL QUALITY GD by FURTHUR----it will be worth the cost.   Oh yea, its only 2.5 hours away.  After further networking last night.  Should be following a 20 car train.  At the worse, I party with many.   Two things I wish I could get paid for, dancing and partying--in that order:}!!!!!  

Got to get some work done today.  2 days worth!!!!!

• Forum MVP

I wouldn't worry about who's singing.  Furthur can be hit or miss.  Holmdel was a trainwreck, but Philadelphia cleansed the soul.  I definitely considered this festival.  After my recent String Cheese experience at Red Rocks, I wouldn't bother going to see any of their sets.  I can tolerate Widespread, but I am not a huge fan.  If I wanted to see Trey, I would go see Phish. I would love Jimmy Cliff and definitely enjoy Gov't Mule and Tedeski Trucks.  They're is definitely enough sets of quality music to make this festival a worthwhile experience.  All that being said, Jen wouldn't be able to go and I could only really budget and work into my schedule DSO black mountain or Innerlocken.  I am happy with my decision.  

Excited for some upcoming shows.  4 nights Furthur Red Rocks and then 3 night run right after my birthday with DSO in Jackson Hole, Bozeman, and Missoula. Happy dancing.  

Enjoy the fest Sun. 

• Forum MVP

Holmdel wasn't bad. It was 6 out of 10 as far as music goes. The truckin was b-o-r-i-n-g. JK sang eyes, which was pretty darn strong. Lazy river was a nice treat to hear. Viola lee was pretty light. Death dont and shakedown we're both good. they show was highs and lows. overall, it was okay.

furthur is fun... but they're no dso

• Forum MVP

I see that nugs.tv is doing a daily webcast for 14.95.  Whats the deal with 2 shows by Furthur on Friday?  Is 1 an accoustic as I saw it mentioned an accoustic performance for the ultra vip peeps in the ticket prices.

And 285.00 is a tad steep IMO.  Nice lineup but its late in the season.

• Forum MVP

Hey > The name of the festival has changed again:

Interlochen

Lockn'

GRIDLOCK-IN!!

{{{VIBES}}} to those who have been waitin 6 hours+ to get in and are still waiting.  Lines of cars 30 wide being forced into 4 lanes, ticket scanners not workin, volunteers walkin off, attendees trying to direct traffic >  Sorry for the shitshow so far.  Here's to the music makin things all better: 

873098.jpg

• Forum MVP

Lol great pic. Jubilee had 4 rows and had like 5% the people. Wtf were they thinking.

Yea, no shit. I wouldn't sit in that clusterfuck for free weekend backstage passes. Festivals, for me, are about an equal split between the music and the experience. That looks like a one sided deal....

• Forum MVP

It's too bad that the promoters of this event, who have a reportedly-long history with festival management, weren't able to a better job with logistics.  What a crapstorm this was - fans who wanted to get in were apparently turning on one another.  The people who planned well and came early were the last ones to get in.  It didn't help that the cops were cavity-searching the cars and that 100 volunteers walked off early in the afternoon.  While the walk-offs were a damn shame it was partially beacuse they were provided little or no direction and had to deal with very upset people - Still no excuse though.  I also understand that the police were provided a promise of 50K for crowd and trafiic control and the organizers were only able to muster up 15K.

While people had to know it was going to take some time to get in (see Bonaroo, Coventry, etc.) the comments on the Lockn' facebook page sum up the clusterfuck pretty well. 

https://www.facebook.com/LOCKNFestival?ref=br_tf

Heres to the music soothing the very restless souls. 

• Forum MVP

I just can't do the cheese.  One step away from STS9 and the Disco Biscuits at this point.

guess we all hear it differently but sci certainly isnt even close to electronic level that Bisco and Sts9 have reached ..unlike many jambands sci can channel many different genres of music.. they do so ever time they perform.. does bisco and sts9 have an acoustic guitarist, mandolin & fiddle ?? thought with your knowledge and preference of music you would give them a little more respect rick, maybe you need to see a show with me, cmon down to florida for halloween.. aaron and chuck please come as well

• Forum MVP

Rick and Jenna were real sports when they chauffeured jfolks and I to and from the shows at Red Rocks. We could not have had better hosts on the hill. I agree that the electronica phase was a little much but SCI has thankfully moved back closer to their roots of late. I don't get the STS9 etc. comparison either. Kind of ad absurdum but I do get that his enthusiasm was kind of dampened by - well, by the rain.

Halloween, hmmm...

• Forum MVP

I guess I would've been better off with two or three steps away or a big leap. I felt when I saw their shows (I went to both nights) that every song contained an electronica segment. Yes, they touched on other genres but they eventually settled into an electronica or dub step styled jam. I found many of their fans to be rude and disrespectful of people and their environment. The music didn't move me and the crowd didn't soothe my soul. I was impressed by the crowds dedication. They certainly hung out in the rain and partied to a band they loved. I won't be in Florida for Halloween. I hope you have a fantastic time. Its just not for me.

Archived