St. Louis

Rude

• Forum MVP

St. Louis Arena, St. Louis, MO (5/15/77)

Bertha

Good Lovin'

Row Jimmy

New Minglewood Blues

Tennessee Jed

Lazy Lightnin'

Supplication

Jack-a-Roe

Passenger

Funiculi Funicula

Brown Eyed Women

Dancin' in the Streets

Estimated Prophet

Eyes of the World

drums

Samson and Delilah

Ship of Fools

St. Stephen

Iko Iko

Not Fade Away

Sugar Magnolia

Uncle John's Band

F: How sweet it is

Music never stopped

Sploosh!!!!!!!!

As one who has been belly aching for years about the fact that that DSO is one (show per year) and done in the STL and also the fact that they have never played a two set summer outdoor show here in the history of the Band, I was completely geeked up to see the summer Tour schedule. After all my incessant whining it was worth the wait (lol). Sock firmly in mouth. When I saw 70's IbAnez I was more than little surprised. Earlier this year they had done a 76 show that was off the hook. Rotation implied an elective but they did 5/15/77 at the STL Arena which is a legendary show around these parts at the now deceased "Old Barn" former home to our beloved STL Blues. The night was magical highlights were the collective dance numbers Dancin, IKO>NFS....Samson was huge with Brief Intro by the STL Inc. Drum Corps. Filler of How Sweet it is was monstrous. Nice gesture at the end for Rob K. To bring up local drummer Ryan Wilhite for the filler, sporting the Cards Lid. Not sure if the STL block of DSO LLC got in Rob's ear and lobbied for this show or if it was Eaton's call straight up, but thanks for picking something that was just exactly perfect for an incredible night of music under the stars a lob wedge away from the Mississippi River.

Comment on the venue set up. No clue on the numbers as it related to whether the event was a success financially which will probably dictate whether a summer stop becomes the norm here. I would give the venue set up a B-. Temporary stage was set up in parking lot. Sight lines were very good. Concessions set up nicely. Plenty of room to dance, and the sound was amazing. Security was ridiculous coming into the venue, frankly I thought the female security person at the door was making a move on me when she was shaking me down at the door. I'm a 50 year old dude with short hair and collared shirt. Not on the profile list. I had 5 friends that got dusted up coming in. The searching was aggressive. Once inside it was fine. More port a potties needed. Long lines.

• Forum MVP

Comment on the venue set up. No clue on the numbers as it related to whether the event was a success financially which will probably dictate whether a summer stop becomes the norm here. I would give the venue set up a B-. Temporary stage was set up in parking lot. Sight lines were very good. Concessions set up nicely. Plenty of room to dance, and the sound was amazing. Security was ridiculous coming into the venue, frankly I thought the female security person at the door was making a move on me when she was shaking me down at the door. I'm a 50 year old dude with short hair and collared shirt. Not on the profile list. I had 5 friends that got dusted up coming in. The searching was aggressive. Once inside it was fine. More port a potties needed. Long lines.

Sounds like your still whining muddy!! Other than the port a potties and the shocking horror of being subject to search (I too am in 50's and reverse cheap feels are rare lol) your description should grade much higher.

From my perspective the "sploosh" from Rude was closer to the truth.

and lets not forget Melvin Seals and Mark Karan thursday night in St Louis. Melvin blew it up during Dear Prudence. Though he was going to take down the power grid on that solo.

The DSO show last night was great. Great weather. Breeze. Nice view of The Arch. That older B&D security lady feels up every guy. Grabbed my ass, pulled my shirt up, swept my balls. I see her at every Pageant show I go to.

Ryan sitting in playing both drum sets was pretty cool.

Almost 4 hour long show. How Sweet It Is was worth the price of admission.

Only time bathrooms was really bad was during set break. They did need double though. The Old Rock House is killer! Everything done professional.

As far as it being a success. No dought it was. Place was full and the beer line never had a break. $5 a can. I think they did alright.

One thing that was missing from the show last night was the air horn. On my cassette tape of the Grateful Dead's St. Louis Arena show a phan at the Arena is sounding off an air horn in between songs during the show. If you have the Charlie Miller upgrade of the St. Louis show on CD you can barely hear the air horn.

• Forum MVP

Anytime we get a full night of ms. Lisa on stage, AND some JGB filler, you won't hear any complaints from this guy. Passenger, Samson, Stephen, that out of nowhere Iko, and how sweet it is we're highlights for me. And music

• Forum MVP

It's gotta be fun for DSO to play in St. Louis. The fans love them. I saw very few idiots and just tons of happy dancers. Everyone around me was awesome. Great vibes. Kind souls. That crowd was on fire and that show fed them. One of my fav shows. The crowd gave their rousing approval. That music filler was them saying if we didn't rock your ass already well here you go. Thank god for that breeze. That was amazing. Felt great. The line of rain literally split in 2 and went north and south of town. Was karma from all the good vibes we sent. Walked to hotel after and the walk had us circle Busch stadium and that was a great walk around it. Was very surreal at midnight and deserted. We wished we had taken a cab after but was nice to stretch the legs after dancing. Hope the summer St. Louis show becomes permanent. It seemed pretty packed and some band and crew are from there. Seems like a no-brainer.

• Forum MVP

Anytime we get a full night of ms. Lisa on stage, AND some JGB filler, you won't hear any complaints from this guy. Passenger, Samson, Stephen, that out of nowhere Iko, and how sweet it is we're highlights for me. And music

Had to listen to the original Iko afterwards and it completely tricks you into thinking it's nfa just like this show. They were on it with the recreation.

Archived