www.dsoforums.net Driver Error

John A

• Forum MVP

Wharf,

It's an error page I've never seen elsewhere.  The main header is the title of this thread, and there may be something that alludes to a database issue.  I've seen it at work and at home, perhaps a dozen times total over the past month or so.  There is a link to redirect by clicking "here" and that always brings me to the forums.  FWIW, my bookmark is the kitchen table forum, so perhaps one would never get it navigating directly to the main forum page?

Next time I see it I'll capture it in more detail. 

• Forum MVP

I got it again just now - here is what it says in its entirity:

There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

I don't think stopping and starting (bouncing) Apache is the answer, that would cause the entire site to be down for awhile.

The click here link is simply refreshes the page.  I have gotten that error before but not since I moved to this server.  Anybody else getting this error?

I have requested the data center to upgrade MySql (the database) to the latest version, don't know if this will help.  Intermittent problems are a BITCH!

Hi Ron,

Thank you many times over for all you do for our GD/DSO community!  I was in this thread for the humor.   Without humor could not diagnos the error  by looking at the message.  Wharf is correct that an error code would have more detail ...net driver error is way too generic.  I wasn't even thinking to the extend in my post, but now I'm mentioning that with sites with larger budgets, the web servers are redundant so there would not be a complete outage.    Also, I was off-target because if it were indeed an Apache problem, the error would be more than intermittant as you mentioned and the site would be in worse shape. 

Wharf ~ a really quick def of Apache is the software on the web site server that runs and recieves your browser requests and provides your browser with the content.   Lot's of detail on the web.

Ron, thanks for keeping this site alive!!  Would love to meet you someday - held that sentiment for a LONG time.

Frank

Archived