Belmont Stakes

Racetracker

Hunch play is Frosted and Keen Ice exacta box (6-7).  Not just because the names compliment each other; they both have the breeding to get a mile and a half.

Trifecta ticket Materiality over American Pharoah [sic] over Mubtaahij, Made From Lucky, Frosted and Keen Ice (5/8/1,3,6,7). 

• Forum MVP

It's going such a grueling task for Pharoah to win this race. Horses just aren't bred anymore to win 3 races like this in 5 weeks. The horse basically has to win 3 races inside of this Belmont to win the Triple Crown. He has to outduel Materiality during the 1st quarter, fight off Frosted for a half mile, and then stave off the deep closers to win the race. Factor in that these horses are rested and he is not, his Preakness time was slow(rain clouds that time?), the European horses can run forever, and you have a bunch of reasons to look elsewhere for a price. 

With that said the horse looks happy, comfortable, and his coat is glistening. Baffert is being coy, unlike in the past with his other horses who had a chance to compltete the trifecta. I never thought Big Brown had a chance in the world to lose and he was eased.

I am rooting for Pharoah because I think although racing is on an uptick right now, the sport needs a champion. We shall see if he's that good.

• Forum MVP

It's going such a grueling task for Pharoah to win this race. Horses just aren't bred anymore to win 3 races like this in 5 weeks. The horse basically has to win 3 races inside of this Belmont to win the Triple Crown. He has to outduel Materiality during the 1st quarter, fight off Frosted for a half mile, and then stave off the deep closers to win the race. Factor in that these horses are rested and he is not, his Preakness time was slow(rain clouds that time?), the European horses can run forever, and you have a bunch of reasons to look elsewhere for a price. 

With that said the horse looks happy, comfortable, and his coat is glistening. Baffert is being coy, unlike in the past with his other horses who had a chance to compltete the trifecta. I never thought Big Brown had a chance in the world to lose and he was eased.

I am rooting for Pharoah because I think although racing is on an uptick right now, the sport needs a champion. We shall see if he's that good.

He'll have to have a clean trip and the track looks like it will be dry so that's actually is a disadvantage for Pharoah.  It least he has the 5-spot - there have been winners from there.

The sport does need a champion but in the era of specialization, it's like asking a closer to pitch a no-no on 2 days rest.  It would really be cool if he pulled it off even if it's a bad bet at 3-5.

• Forum MVP

PP only a big issue with 20 horses. He had great workouts. I think he will do it. I usually root against a triple crown winner as the media will want to throw the horse in with the likes of secretariat which is still the greatest ever by far.

• Forum MVP

Got a piece of the super but it was nothing to brag about.

Read that the Belmont had $315K In uncashed tix from people betting $2 to win on AP just to keep as a souvenir.

Also read that if you put secretariats Belmont time up against this years, Sec would have beaten AP by 13 lengths. Yikes

Archived