2 Tickets to Paradise!

• Forum MVP

Finally made it! 4/13/89.... Only saw the second set and posting from my phone still awake...

Car got fixed in the moment we had to leave to make it for 2nd set- called to repair after I posted doubts... Dark star miracles...

The miracle was really fun! The dear Mr fantasy hey Jude stole my heart.... Made it in from my all night long coming home to don't ease me in, of course! Foolish heart was first full song I saw and it rocked- the baby blue encore made my tendons melt to liquid and man I love an eyes with these guys....

LOVE the new Godzilla Jeff pin! I don't even rock much of that these days but that was a goooood one!

More with iPad later.... But had to post.... Filler box Quinn ;) fucking amazing! Berkeley here we come! Maybe CO too since wheels ain't busted anymore.... Oh man, the wheel outta drums after eyes was sooooon divine!!!!

Perfect crowd! Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!

• Forum MVP

Rosemont Horizon, Rosemont IL (4/13/89)

Iko Iko

Greatest Story Ever Told

Peggy-O

It's All Over Now

To Lay Me Down

Cassidy

Don't Ease Me In

Foolish Heart

Looks Like Rain

Eyes of the World

drums

The Wheel

I Need a Miracle

Dear Mr. Fantasy

Hey Jude Reprise

Goin' Down the Road Feelin' Bad

Good Lovin'

Baby Blue

Btw I've noticed so many errors in these Carnegie Mellon setlists; lots of omitted songs. Hope this is right.

1st set looks fairly thin. Lots of short songs. I know this era wasn't known for long 1st sets but it stilll seems like it's missing tunes. I always assumed that setlist project was dead on until a 74 show I saw that was missing 5-6 songs.

Edit: looks like the serlist is correct. The 1st set of the original dead show lasted 48 minutes??? Wow. Never saw a set that short.

• Forum MVP

I think 3-19-95 Philly had a less than 45 minute first set. Don't Ease, the 5th song, ended at around 35 minutes, and one was left to briefly wonder if that was it! People were likely not worrying about the set length though after the Unbroken Chain closer.

• Forum MVP

My first DSO tour began the day after their first 69 show. I think they played an 80s show that night too- so I was stoked to make it the next night even if I missed Eugene. Could feel the magic dripping from my friends dancing in the front as I walked in to "the dress she wears is pink and blue" in my blue space dress turned pink in the lights. There are few better songs to show back up on tour to- even if it over by the time I was ready to dance! I had already smoked plenty trying to get the car fixed and make it to the show on time so I just sat down and did my thing for set break.

As the second set started I saw my man but he walked the other way- still learning to find me in my usual spot ;) our first DSO show together and we never found each other during the show- so it was a diff kind of feeling as foolish heart began and swooped me into music land where I am simply helpless and lost in the dance of colors light and sound as the music plays. I was so thrilled to be standing at Jeffs feet as he wrapped the melodies around us all. Had a super cute dad n daughter duo right next to me rocking out super hard just like me from the first notes and I think she was the youngest chic old enough to NOT go to the show if she didn't want to that I have ever seen really appreciate the music in that special way we do- I felt like I was dancing next to a shining little lightning bolt :)

Looks like rain was really special to me during fall tour- had no idea how deeply it would hit me now, but it did, especially with my honey MIA and my heart feeling all funny. Sometimes feeling what it would be like without someone helps know why you wanna be around them. Feeling like a street cat lately- and Eaton really brought this rain!

Straight into eyes and whoa now OK! Deep and soaring jams all at once and I was overwhelmed with a sense of being home that has been missing far too often in my life lately. Waking up can be hurty sometimes. But I am stoked to be hearing the song that the morning brings- birds waking up in chorus as we spin beside the sun- flying thru the nights.

Getting into drums was extra tasty sounding! Felt like they didn't wanna leave the stage! Very excellent drums- missing first set made it easier to keep dancin thru it. Classic and rumbling with energy! Coming around to the wheel.....

Yeah. The wheel. Always comes back to that. Even now I can feel a big burst of love from n my heart remembering how amazing I felt when I realized it was the wheel and began spinning into the sweet sounds of thunder while watching the Lightning swirlimg around us. Some very sweet older couples replaced the other young hippie chick near me and I felt so happy to be able to share how grateful I am for all the people that made us all glad all these years by sharing my love of it thru dance and smiles and showing up. Beautiful happy faces!!! Beautiful wheel! Sigh.....

Miracle came out searing and smoking thru the storm of our swirling and bobbing masses just in time to make the nostalgic smiles break into sexy and jubilant grins. Fucking rad! Playing thru my head right now- damn, hot!

Fantasy Jude brought tears back from the wheel but I fought em off with heavy doses of gratitude and nah nah nahed louder than I ever have :) felt sooooooo good!!!!! Rob killed it and I was happy to get this one from him. Once we were GDTRFB, I got sad because the show was almost over :( really took us out on the road, and as bad as it sometimes feels- there still ain't no place I'd rather be! It starts feeling really good after a while ;) glad to be back in Cali where the climate suits my clothes. Brings me home again and again.

Couldn't have asked for anything more than this baby blue encore cause it made the whole lost feeling of my show magnify so much it exploded and I found myself a step outside of the box I had worked so hard to....

Holy shit Skips Box was sooooo hot! For once o didn't get to heckle him for it before the show, but I get get to tell him how grateful I was after lmao. These guys and Lisa are so fun to watch play and so silly and we are so silly following them around making everything happen outta nothing- like get pouring into ashes over and over again. Fuck yeah! Dream we dreamed- glad there was someone on everyone's toes cause Berkeley is gonna be awesome!!!!!! Good Ol mighty Quinn! More Lisa for Berkeley please!!!

Kiss kiss, see ya soooooon!

Archived