Albany, The Egg 5/17

sudds94

Wow, DSO treats Albany special everytime.... Friend of the devil, me and my Uncle, operator, big boy Pete, Dire Wolf, silver threads and golden needles, ripple. More songs in 1st set but my memory is failing me right now, maybe someone can fill the gaps

Set 2 was the entire GD show 2/4/69. Never knew why this place was called the Egg, it looks like a clam and should be changed to the Oyster because this show was one hell of a PEARL. Crowd was very respectful and you could tell they were there for the sensational music. Acoustics are amazing there and the place is quite trippy. Just wish there was more dance space, had a great spot next to Cotter though. We knew some of the staff from The Palace and they were loving the show just as much as the crowd. Albany LOVES DSO! Thank you for a huge night!

Set 1: (acoustic)

Friend of the devil

Me and my uncle

Operator

Ive been all around this world

Big boy pete

Dire wolf

Silver threads and golden needles

Uncle johns band

Little sadie

Ripple

Set 2: (electric)

2/4/69 omaha nebraska

Good morning little school girl

Morning dew

Dark star >

St Stephen >

William tell >

The eleven >

Death dont have no mercy >

Cryptical envelopment >

Drums>

The other one >

Alligator >

Drums >

Caution >

Feedback >

And we bid you goodnight

Fillers:

Dancin (old school style)

I second that emotion

*eggcellent show!!!! Was going through hardcore dark star withdrawal...first show since Penns Peak in November! First time at the egg...really cool venue! The inside and outside of the venue are crazy and then the actual area with the stage is really cozy and intimate. That was the perfect show to play for that venue...super chill acoustic followed by an insane 69 show and I could not have been more pleased with the early style Dancin and second that emotion fillers at the end. Security is super lax surprisingly for it being in downtown Albany. Able to leave to get fresh air at set break and check out the insane architecture surrounding the egg...such a good view to overlook the city! Psyched to hear DSO will be back at the Palace in the fall and also that they will be celebrating their 20th anniversary in Albany next year!!! Feeelin good after that show last night! Thanks Dark Star...see ya in Binghamton!!! :) :)

Home run! Beautiful fun time. Had to sit out 2nd set (broken toe from wookie stomp) haha spellchecker wants to fix to dookie- fitting.I came to the show combating the possibility of taking a Hiatus from shows.the scene in the early eighties had me step back from the dead for about a year-and-a-half. during Ripple all those foolish thoughts dissipated. thank you DSO for bringing it on strong.

FIRST TIME AT THE EGG, THE PLACE ITSELF IS COOL AS HELL.  IT WAS A DIFFERENT KIND OF SHOW FOR SHURE.  FIRST OFF NO BEER ALOWED INSIDE(MAJOR BUMMER) THEN HAVING THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE SITTING LIKE THEY WERE WATCHING A PLAY IN A LITTLE PLAYHOUSE..UNPLUGGED 1ST SET COOL-ISH, OK , FELT A LITTLE  LIKE A LIBRARY NOT A SHOW....THEY PLAYED WELL BUT THE 1969 WAS LONG A BIT STRANGE IN A BAD WAY FOR ME,....THATS JUST ME, I LIKE A LOUD CRAZY JACKSTRAW OPENER AND DANCE AND GO NUTS ALL NIGHT FROM THERE......BUT THATS WHY YOU GO TO MULTIPLE SHOWS, DIFFERENT TRIPS DIFFERENT TIME,.....LETS SEE WHAT BING AND BUFF BRING CANT WAIT,  LOVE ME SUM DSO

Archived