Oregon Country Fair

• Forum MVP

Most amazing festival/gathering that I've ever been too. Nothing Else compares. Art/creation happening everywhere all the time, people living in love, dancing laughing joking crying finding old friends meeting new ones. It doesn't even matter that there isn't great music there(there is good music though). I love all the impromptu creation happening all over the place. The public is allowed in during daytime... Gets really crowded... But nighttime is the real party. I'm lucky I was able to get an overnight pass.

I don't think I'll ever miss one again. Everyone should experience this

• Forum MVP

They talk about events like this a lot in Heads a new book I'm reading.  I think I will come sometime.  I was with my mom this weekend.  It was a very positive experience for me.  I too laughed, danced, and cried.  I didn't make new friends really, but met some people at local dead cover band show. 

Most amazing festival/gathering that I've ever been too. Nothing Else compares. Art/creation happening everywhere all the time, people living in love, dancing laughing joking crying finding old friends meeting new ones. It doesn't even matter that there isn't great music there(there is good music though). I love all the impromptu creation happening all over the place. The public is allowed in during daytime... Gets really crowded... But nighttime is the real party. I'm lucky I was able to get an overnight pass.

I don't think I'll ever miss one again. Everyone should experience this

sounds like a dead show :)

• Forum MVP

What an amazing synergy of love, free expression of Truth and what is real and all of it in a giggly, unreal way filled with clowns and fan fare! a gathering of the tribes. The care in the wonderful details that tickle your soul. The legacy of love was palpable in its celebration. Lovely people abounded. So thankful. So thankful to take my kids and show them a real gift of life and how fun it is.

• Forum MVP

So glad mango and PG (and her family) got their first dose of this fantastical Oregon tradition. Been going since '88 since I grew up in Portland...unique adventure every year,,,Mango nailed it: unbelievable creativity in every nook and cranny bursting forth in so many ways. Always an important part of my year and a reunion of sorts...

Yes, yes, yes

Oh and I thoroughly recommend checking out the band Dumpstaphunk if you haven't already...ooo eee my oh my

Archived