Red Rocks - 2021

Tea

• Forum MVP

Elective

Set 1: China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider ; Black Throated Wind ; Here Comes Sunshine ; Cumberland Blues* ; Box Of Rain ; You Ain't Woman Enough (To Take My Man) ; Weather Report Suite Prelude > Weather Report Suite Part 1 > Let It Grow > Going Down The Road Feeling Bad

Set 2: Morning Dew ; Easy Wind ; Dark Star > Saint Stephen > The Eleven > Cryptical Envelopment > drums > The Other One > Death Don't Have No Mercy > Alligator

Encore: Viola Lee Blues

* John Kadlecik on lead guitar and vocals for Cumberland Blues

So thankful for the stream on this one - wish I could've been there!  I look forward to some attendee reports :) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

Tuned in for all of set 2 on my big audio system and 65" TV.  Needed a bigger TV. 😀  The sound was better than respectable, and the video quality was stellar.  But moreover, the video production was sensational.  Whoever directed that video feed was nailing it!  Expense was not spared...

That set list wasn't created casually.  DSO clearly understood they were (a) at freaking Red Rocks, and (b) putting serious resources into a free stream. The list reads like a GD tour de force, and the performance was definitely up to snuff. I love how they slowed things way down and got nice and quiet for some of those second set transitions.

Also of note - the show seemed to be gradually going backwards in time. Started with a decided '73 flair, moved into the early 70s at the start of set 2, then dipped deeper and deeper into the 60s as set 2 unfolded.  Great stuff!  The only thing missing was a Bid You Goodnight after Viola Lee, which I bet would have happened had they not run out of time.

• Like (+1) 5
  • 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

By the way. That second set was full on magic. Maybe the best set I’ve ever experience with DSO. Between the music and the rocks. Just mind blowing. Sorry for those who missed it. Definitely on level with jubilee night 2. Top 10 for sure although it didn’t set in until that first set weather report