Park City 9-3-21

gr8fulpair

• Forum MVP

Helluva show tonight!! Thanks band and crew for bringin it!!!! Awesome weather and killer crowd and venue. Only bummer was 100% slope dance space. Hard to find a flat spot on a ski slope! 😅😎

Grateful Dead • 1972-09-19 (02:20:46) • Roosevelt Stadium, Jersey City, NJ, USA

1. Set II

Johnny B Goode

Ripple. 

jammin after party with SML - he killed it!! 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Forum MVP

OMG---I am the only one still up.  This seems to be a consistent issue with this community.  Had to repeat.  What a awesome night in PC.   Utah is such a magical place.   The build up from Asheville on to some eventful days and nights in the Utah desert, flash floods, fires, onto Timpanogos Aspen Grove, up some serious elevation back down through some majestic canyons into they valley of deers.   Saw more deers in Coyote Gulch, but saw more dancing bears at Dear Valley.   I pinch myself, I have to....I find myself in the most awesome of places with the most awesome of people in our community.   Always room for more family, but those that are here make it feel warm.   The past year with covid and other obstacles have made for a disconnect that many of us have experienced.   Its cliche, but so true for me and my ride on this bus.......the heart grows fonder....time away, reconnecting.....I have made a point to ask questions and get to know people i have known for near a decade now.  The time away......sure, we miss the music, the party, the fun, but I miss the connection I have with others through this music.   To smile with another whose life is completely and almost opposite of your own but shares the same love and meaning of this music.   Its with out words.  I have none to give the feeling justice.  No doubt, we all sacrifice something for this.   Its not cheap, its consuming, those who love us that dont understand, wont ever understand.  It is at times a battle to do what makes us happy.   Why cant every night?  Be tonight?  Or last night?  As a friend so wisely says, Praise DSO,.......Praise DSO for sure-----they keep the magic and connections alive, real, and meaningful.  I may be the only one still awake, but I am dancing in so many minds breathing for another night...tonight!!! 

Got good music post show tonight.   Really good music.   I got two shows tonight!!!!   It was good to see DSO's support!!! Life is tough, divorce sucks, lawyers love drama, kids growing,,,,their struggles yours..covid...I got high energy hours shared with high quality people that took all that all away and somehow made it ok to be human again. To feel human again.  It is with out a doubt and without no reasonable argument to contrary that seeing the Utah skies turn blue while still basking in the previous hours glory is the best medicine for life...right now, at this moment!!!!!   I get to do it all over again in hours!!!! 

The dance vibe is top notch.  Utah is filled with beautiful people and I got to see some of the most beautiful people from all over dancing in front of my eyes.  I got to join them!!!   I got to join beautiful people from all over dancing to beautiful music sharing beautiful motions that deliver beautiful smiles, hugs, and kisses . 

Until next time!!!!  Love this family!!!!

• Like (+1) 8
  • Forum MVP

As far as I remember there was a invite in helping your execute your plan.  My guess it was executed only half ass😁!!!   I knew you would be up but you were not up with me.  Phone is no excuse.  you could of got me a uber to hang out.  What happened to good ole days when we stayed up and made rude and disgraceful comments about all things inappropriate?   If that what settling down means, than I am happy my wife left me for less attractive but more financially secure men. Basically, men who cant dance and get down!!!   TMI----never went to sleep....excitement is just to hard to handle.

36 minutes ago, cnjBrian said:

I am happy for my friends that could be there! I had other obligations and am feeling sorrow for not being in Utah.

And we miss you brother!!  

• Forum MVP

I brought up your offer. She prayed I was kidding but I think she was slightly complimented not offended. She was looking for real nice last night.  But like I said, it’s a strong no. Like 24/7/365 kind of no. 

Seriously, Scotty would’ve had a better shot. He was singing and playing last night. I discussed your feelings on that with him too. Shocked he came home alone last night. 

I feel like we have a more subdued sunny here on the forums. Maybe you have settled down some. Look we’re keeping it totally PG and speaking in innuendos. This isn’t the blunt in your face I don’t care if I offend you sunny of old. Don’t get me wrong I’ve heard you may or may not have experienced some more than PG materially in Asheville but hey that’s to be expected, sometimes the freaks come out at night. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

There was a large crowd. Was surprised at the number of peeps there and they were lined up coming in until 7. We didn’t know you can bring coolers with beer and booze. There was 1 person selling beer and the line went deep but people brought in cases of beer and pitchers of margaritas. Never saw a venue that let you bring it all in like that. Tonight we are prepared. By the end of the show the thousand or so who didn’t leave early were getting down. I’ve never seen such a fit crowd in my life. Everyone we talked to were hikers or bikers. They said that’s why you live here in the summer. Pretty sure I saw a few professional snowboarders there too. Tonight should be a blast. Security let anyone go in the seated area. By the end the crowd had packed up front. I know the band loves fans up close and we all got down. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

I don't understand EZ E, but I liked your comment anyways.   i will give you benefit of any doubt your words kind and intentions pure:}!!!!  even if i dont understand----- the tears are now starting...its over....it moves on...its now memories and no longer action.  Potential to kinetic energy neither created or destroyed....if true why the joy to void.  I miss it already.   Love my fans and love those I am a fan of......be well, be safe, be healthy, but most of all have LOVE....if not with another for yourself and another will find you!!!!

Good job tonight Scotty!!!! Be a kind time if the keys were filled with a familiar friend.  

This weekend was perfect with perfect people.   Thank you DSO for bringing together another chapter of divine time.

• Like (+1) 1