Football

bs69

• Forum MVP

I just don't see Bama as a top 4. Saban seems to think so too. They lost to LSU and TN. LSU and TN have a combined 5 losses including losses to unranked teams. I don't see how LSU can even be top 15 after a loss to A and M. That should drop every one in SEC down but Georgia but I also don't look at the FPI and I know that the committee is going to have to leave their beloved Bama out although Bama is probably in the 5 or 6 slot now. A team or two slips in the conference championship and maybe Bama can sneak in.

I think Bama can get in if they both lose. Committee loves Bama and the SEC.

• Forum MVP

I’m not saying who deserves in. I’m saying the best 4 teams are osu Michigan Georgia and Bama. Bama was kicking for the win against tennessee. They missed with 20 secs. Tennessee made a pass and kicked a 50 yarder. It’s football. Things happen. Bama doesn’t deserve in but that doesn’t mean they aren’t one or the 4 best. Same with OSU. they stunk on degense. 4 monster plays allowed. Inexcusable. But they are a true top 4 team. 

• Forum MVP

Bad weekend for my Bearcats,  lose a championship shot and then lose the coach. Going to have to rebuild now losing recruits and players in the portal and moving into the big 12. Going to be a rough year next year. Kind of hope they bring Deion in,  would be a fun couple of years. 

• Forum MVP

Well Stephen A seems to think that if TCU or USC loses that Bama and not OSU should be in. I couldn't disagree more. Bama has two losses including a loss to an LSU team that just got spanked by A and M. Bama isn't even in the top 8 conversation for me. I'm shocked that they would make the top 12 but they would given all the shake up this year but they nowhere close to the top 4.

• Forum MVP

Gonna suck for Georgia to have to play OSU 1st playoff game. That’s a brutal one. Michigan will get a cupcake game 1 with TCU assuming they win. If TCU loses do you make Bama play Georgia and Michigan play OSU?? Or do you put Georgia vs osu and Michigan vs Bama for a more interesting semis??

• Forum MVP

Kansas State looks like they gonna win. I can't believe Bama is gonna sneak into the playoffs. How are they ahead of Tennessee. Tennessee beat them.

I think I keep TCU in even with the loss. Kansas State is a top 10 team. But the committee is loving this. 2 big 10 2 SEC schools.

• Forum MVP

Here’s the playoff 

1 Georgia 

2 Michigan 

3 TCU

4 OSU

bama is better than TCU but Bama didn’t have a playoff game to have a chance to lose so I’m keeping TCU at 3 b/c Michigan shouldn’t have to play OSU game 1 even though OSU is the 2nd best team after Georgia. Michigan had like 4 scores of 65+ yds. Defensive breakdown by OSU. They are just badly coached with all that elite talent plus playing the Rutgers type teams makes you lazy.

that’s my call. Plus if you put Bama in, you’d have to make them the 3rd seed as no one wants rematches 

• Forum MVP

I'm good with the 4 in the playoff, TCU deserved the 3 over Ohio state but Georgia didn't deserve to get Ohio state,  we'll see. Bengals game was great last night but I think KC will still get the 1 seed,  much easier schedule than Cincy or Buffalo

• Forum MVP

Georgias weak spot is at DB. They really have no other weakness. OSU will have to get the ball out fast to their playmakers and let them work. Marvin Harrison Jr is fantastic. If it ends up Georgia v Michigan that seems like a bad on paper matchup having to run against the best DT in football the last 2 years in Jalen Carter is no easy task. He will likely be the 1st non QB drafted next year.  

• Forum MVP

JSN sitting out. First time a player opting out of the playoff for the draft. Is this going to become more widespread? If so,  college football is in big trouble. If I'm an NFL team,  that's a big red flag. He's either a guy not willing to play and risk his draft status or he's injury prone and can't get healthy,  neither looks good. I would think it would hurt his status. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

That game hurt me. 6-2 last 8 and we gave up a 14 and 17 point lead or undefeated. Bix was there in person for the collapse. The worst part was we should have had a 1st down in OT but it hit the receiver in the chest and bounced into a DB for a pick 6. Wtf

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Again the football championship is New Years freaking eve. The 1st year they did that they saw something like 25% lower ratings because everyone is doing stuff that night. They put the garbage Mich v TCU on in the afternoon of course. We can watch that much less appealing matchup than OSU Georgia. Where we are staying has no DVR. And if they do the replay at midnight, they have the stupid score scroller at the bottom that will tell you who won lol.  That was a matchup I’ve been dying to watch. Explosive offense vs country’s best defense. Ugh. I guess a 3 set Panic show will have to suffice. 

• Forum MVP
17 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

So, it looks like my Raiders are redefining the term ClusterFuck. 

crazy. Doing a rebuild after you signed Adams to that monster contract lol. 

Seems like half the QBs in the NFL are injured now. Didn’t want to risk the 33m guaranteed for injury when they were cutting bait. What’s crazy is he’s no longer even in the building. He’s been asked to stay away for the last 2 weeks. I want to get 2mil a game to sit home and watch football like Carr is getting being healthy. 

• Forum MVP

I miss the good old days when cliff Branch and Fred Belitnikoff had huge wads of Stick um on their tube socks so they could reapply and stay out there.
   Carr has the top spot on consecutive games played and still counting. That’s gonna end. I hope Carr finds vindication. 

• Forum MVP

Carr is mediocre by NFL standards. I'm not saying he should hold a s

clipboard but he's close. Maybe top 25 QB. McDaniels got his fame and reputation with the best ever. He needs a top 10 guy. Carr should look for new team but he hasn't earned unbenchable status.

• Like (+1) 1