Football

bs69

• Forum MVP
21 hours ago, bs69 said:

I am beyond pissed,  the Buckeyes totally got hosed by the refs. How they could overturn the 4th down stop is absolutely ridiculous. 

he got the 1st. He never touched down. Looked pretty clearly like he got it on the review. The fact is Georgia should have never been playing osu round 1. Michigan had a great season but OSU was a better team who got whooped 1 game by Michigan. Can’t believe TCU beat them. Let’s see if TCU’s 3 star oline guys can stop Georgia’s D line like OSU’s future NFLers did. 

both were awesome games. Finished the osu Georgia game at 5am post show. Crazy. TCU doesn’t have the speed to escape the Georgia defenders like osu does. I’m calling a 55-27 Georgia win. 

• Forum MVP

Doesn't matter if he touched down,  the ball was out of bounds,  the ball had to cross the first down in the field of play. There is no way they had conclusive evidence that it did from those replays

• Forum MVP

So we almost went to the music city bowl being in Nashville. Omg thank god we didn’t. There was a bowl article ranking the games and it said that game rivaled the worst games in bowl history. Every offensive player opted out. Here’s how bad the 21-0 Iowa win was. Iowa was 0-11 on 3rd and 0/2 on 4th downs. Not 1 conversion all day on 3 and 4th. Kentucky was 2/18 on 3rds. Iowa had 2 pick 6’s plus 1 drive. We soooo dodged a bullet not overpaying on the $8 tickets on stubhub. The only positive is my buddy easily won betting the 31 point under. 31 points was the o/u and that was too high lol. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

I won on the under in that game,  easiest pick of bowl season. Was a little worried with Iowa getting 2 pick sixes,  a bunch of defensive scores was the only way that game could possibly go over.  Big game on MNF tonight!

• Forum MVP

It’s crazy because in a text group every friend agreed that they had to postpone the game and when the NFL initially announced a 5 minute warmup period we were like WTF!!!!!! Luckily the NFL heeded the on air personalities. The NFL is run by a bunch of idiots. I think the world forced them to do the right thing vs their inclination to continue play. Billionaires don’t get that way by not conducting business and they wanted the show to go on. Bones get broken but you don’t die in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, bs69 said:

That was terrible,  the stadium went from rocking to pin drop quiet. Still haven't heard any updates this morning which makes me nervous. I sure hope he pulls through. 

i was reading that after cardiac arrest in general, they always induce a coma for 24+ hours and put a breathing tube in you once they get your heart rhythm back to normal in the hospital. 

• Forum MVP

I’m hoping Dallas threw the game and used it to just get a bit of cardio b/c they were pathetic. They were averaging a whopping 35.1 pts a fake since Daks return and took a dump today. It’s been 5 games since Dallas averaged at least 4 yards per carry rushing and the running backs were at a nice 2.2ypc today. You don’t win like that. Zeke finished the season with 3.8 ypc with his 19 mil cap hit. Good lord. This postseason is the last we will see him in a cowboys uniform. Micah parsons who was the odds on favorite for defensive player of the year is now a shell of himself from injuries but in a meaningless game, we play him the whole thing. A few games ago the coaches tried to take him out and he said if you think I’m too hurt to play I’m too hurt to prescribe and McCarthy let him finish a game we were up 30. He has no control of the players. Parsons with all his talent is a shell of his early season self but he doesn’t care enough to try to heal. No. He just get hurt again today and limps off the field when we were the 5 seed anyway. We lost 2 O line starters and 2 CB starters for the season over the last 4 weeks. We hired 2 retired players to be starters b/c of lack of depth. Jerry Jones refusal to sign any outside player to more than league minimum has left us paper thin at multiple positions. He was relying on rookies to automatically be starters and when that didn’t happen he had no backup plan. Last years WR5 is the WR2 this year and he can’t run a route. Of course a 5yr guy who just caught his 1st TD this year and is making the league minimum can’t be relied upon. Worst game I’ve ever seen. Our USFL punt returner muffed his 2nd punt this year. You don’t keep your job as a punt returner fumbling 2 punt fair catches in a year. It’s why he played arena football and USFL. I hope to god they were just using this as a bit of exercise and saving all the good plays for the playoffs. 

• Forum MVP

I was driving most of day tomorrow and dropping kids at grandma and getting in position for Jamaica. Now eating hotel breakfast about to head to Fort Lauderdale airport. I finally caught the highlights on sports center. Eagles clinched the 1 with the ugly. The cowboys once again looked like an accident waiting to happen. I mean wow that game made me smile and laugh. And yes Dan Campbell Detroit lions big ol balls.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
19 hours ago, Tea said:

Even tho he was just playin spoiler, Dan Campbell and his lions have a gigantic set

randy-marsh-huge-balls-costume-wheelbarr

I think the Lions are the favorite to win that division next year and that is certainly one of the best South Park episodes. Who does everyone have in the first round of the playoffs? Here's mine

NFC

49er's

Giants

Cowboys

AFC

Bills

Bengals

Chargers

• Forum MVP
On 1/1/2023 at 1:16 AM, Tom Banjo said:

SEC has to be in the final.

This SEC bias is ridiculous. The refs gave Georgia the game. I hope the smart peeps of QAnon decide to take this issue on because this is a conspiracy bigger than having the election stolen from Trump who we all know won. Georgia maybe had 500 fans at the game to my 70k and you want me to believe that Georgia could win. Look at the people so excited for me and Georgia had maybe 70 people there. There’s definitely fraud involved. 200k people were at the game cheering on TCU and maybe 5-6 Georgia fans and you want me to believe there’s not fraud when literally 0 fans show for Georgia and the entire state of Texas is supporting TCU. We need to get Wild at BCS headquarters. Who’s with me. We need to fight because this is TCU’s only chance ever to get in the playoff being truly around the 20th best team like their FPI ranking. We can’t let this SEC bias continue. Don’t believe the lies about how the SEC every year dumps more talent into the NFL of any conference by a lottttttt. Those are lies told by the mainstream media. Teams like TCU and Cincinnati and Michigan state would go undefeated or at worst 1 loss in the SEC. Only 10 of the top 25 recruiting classes every year are in the SEC. What about the other 4 teams who barely recruit top 40!!! The parity in the big 10 west is what makes it so strong. Parity is good. Purdue is next man up and showed why they were highly regarded. Next year maybe Northwestern will shine again. Maybe Illinois will replicate the big year. 

• Forum MVP
9 hours ago, Tom Banjo said:

Someone had their panties in a bunch after that amazing performance by Dak.

Georgia mauled TCU. 

When was the last time Dak lost to the Eagles? It’s been a long time. Didn’t he just put up a monster game vs them. 27/35 347 3 TDs 1 int plus 40 yds on the ground. I don’t tbink the eagles gave up 40 all year or 1 300yd passing game. That’s what Dak can do. The last game was meaningless. 

since 2020 with Dak under center, Dallas has scored on average 3 more points than any other team. 

I thought you guys drafted a QB 2nd the same year we got Dak in the 4th round. Aww Carson Wentz. That was a good one. Hurts has played well this year but is hurt a bit like most running QBs. Not a sustainable thing being a running QB. 

• Forum MVP

Dallas had won 1. In 2016 all they had to do was stop Rodgers going 50yds in less than a minute and he got a 40yd scramble pass to a wide open guy. Against the Rams in 2018 they gave up over 250yds rushing. Horrible defense. And last year against the 49ers their insane defense had a record 24 QB pressures in that game. It’s taken an entire team failure for Dallas to suck in the playoffs and their defense looks to be normal pathetic cowboys form. Jerry spends all his money on offense. Zeke has a ludicrous 19mil cap hit. That’s stupid for a guy who can’t make big plays.

Jerry has said he doesn’t trust outsiders which are free agents. He only signs FA’s to min contracts but will extend his own to inflated contracts. the Eagles went out and made deals to improve their team but Jerry won’t ever do that. He’s built teams that will at least be 9-8, but won’t risk future 9-8 teams to go for it like the eagles did. I think it’s either the Eagles or 49ers that will win the NFC. Dallas is the only other team with a shot but the O line is shot. 3 starters and the main backup are gone from last years team and we can’t run anymore. The eagles can run as well as the 49ers. The worst thing that’s happened to Dallas was the eagles losing those 2 straight forcing Dallas to play starters last game. 

• Forum MVP

Jacksonville QB has a lot of youth in him. He’ll be better if he can mature properly in the NFL, if he lasts that long. That one interception early that should have been a penalty instead, if that was Brady he’d be screaming at the refs, veins popping out of his neck style. Trevor seems to be more worried about his hair. This is war, go fight.