Football

bs69

• Forum MVP

There was a guy who bet 1.4mil at -12500 money line on the chargers when they were up 27-0. He bet 1.4m to win 11k and lost it lol. If I have 1.4m cash on hand I don’t think I’d be super pumped to try to win 11k risking it all. In other news, a guy jumped off his Vegas balcony. 

Whoever wins this Tampa/Dallas game has to play the 49ers with 2 days 4 hours less rest. Theres a reason they don’t have MNF last game of the season to not give a team 1 fewer rest days. But this is ridiculous. 49ers played the 1st playoff game Saturday afternoon and they play the winner of tonight. Wow. 

• Forum MVP

Somewhat unbelievable that cowboys kicker missed four extra points, especially in the two point conversion era. I was stunned after the third miss. The coach owned that one, shoulda gone for two, I thought.  Coaches pull receivers after a couple of dropped passes. I’m guessing the coach figured that Brady wasn’t going to catch up and be a threat to their lead at that point. I’m really not sure what I am talking about, I slept through most of it. 

• Forum MVP

Why would you think he’d keep missing XP’s. He missed like 1 all season. 4 in a row is a fluke. That’s prob why coach didn’t start going for 2. Eventually he’d hit one and we need him next week. 

but wow my boys looked good!!!

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, Rude said:

Why would you think he’d keep missing XP’s. He missed like 1 all season. 4 in a row is a fluke. That’s prob why coach didn’t start going for 2. Eventually he’d hit one and we need him next week. 

Kicker missed 6 kicks all season.  Since he also missed his last XP of the regular season, he actually missed (5) straight XP’s.  Three of those shanks actually missed the netting entirely.  Just wow.

Get your popcorn ready - he'll prolly put 'em all down main street for the next game.

• Forum MVP
2 minutes ago, bs69 said:

By the way,  it seems like I've seen a lot more missed extra points this year. 

It must be tweener-distance for those guys.  I liken it to pro golfers that can't hit a 60-yard wedge where they need to

Those are my Divisional picks too...

• Forum MVP

I’m talking about the numbers game with the score. Miss an extra point, get a two point conversion after the next touchdown and it becomes inconsequential. It became irrelevant as the game went on because Brady wasn’t doing anything but if those missed extra points cost them the game, this would be different discussion completely. Time will tell. Their next game will prove if those misses were a fluke or something got into his head and it’s showing up in his foot. Hopefully he can withstand the Media pressure this week. 

• Forum MVP

This year the NFC is much stronger. The eagles and 49ers can both pound the ball and both have elite defenses. My cowboys have a shot if they can block the 4 man rush of the 49ers but that’s a big if like last season where they allowed a whopping 24 QB pressures vs the 49ers. 

• Forum MVP

No way Cowboys win the way Dak takes care of ball. They were in field goal range. Now 49ers may score before end of half. And if the Eagles don't scare you after the game we just played you may not know football. Just saying. I'm scared of your bengals don't get me wrong and I think with mahommes hurts you guys getting to the super bowl but if we play our best game we will beat anyone.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
On 1/21/2023 at 12:26 PM, Rude said:

This year the NFC is much stronger. The eagles and 49ers can both pound the ball and both have elite defenses. My cowboys have a shot if they can block the 4 man rush of the 49ers but that’s a big if like last season where they allowed a whopping 24 QB pressures vs the 49ers. 

Are you suggesting the NFC is stronger this year? All the best QB's are in the AFC

• Forum MVP

The Dak picks hurt. Not being able to trust the kicker caused us to go for it on 4th down and a play later lost the most explosive player on the field to a broken leg. That was the killer. It was tied up 2nd half but we had no run game and the 49ers defense is brutal if you get one dimensional. Heartbreaking game. Next year zeke is gone and can’t sign pollard with a broken leg. Dallas had limited weapons before pollard went down. Overall depressing game starting with the missed extra point. That took the air out of the game for the boys 

• Forum MVP

Losing pollard to a broken leg eliminated any ground game possibility. You have to be able to run to win. It’s how Cincy beat the bills. It’s why the eagles are so good. If the damn kicker had made the 1st xp, we’d have kicked the 50 yarder and there would have been no broken leg 2 plays later and no int a play after. We wouldn’t have been in that spot. And it’s really sad for Pollard. He’s a FA who’d have gotten paid well from someone and now his future is uncertain.