F*#k Barry Fey

Ammagamalin Crew

• Forum MVP

and Feyline Productions for the tragedy they created 42 yrs ago by under staffing and over selling (22,000 instead of the 18,000 capacity)tickets. I was there and lost three friends from my high school. Jackie Eckerle, Karen Morrison (10th graders as was I) and Pips, Stephen Preston, (just graduated HS). RIP

Long live rock I need it everyday, can you see the real me, can you, can you? They blamed on General Admission and the concert goers,( a year later instituting a no smoking policy) but guess what? THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT!!! and Bill Graham continued to do GA successfully. The whole east coast shutdown GA because of Feyline, except Hampton Coliseum and Hara arena in Dayton, Ohio. ZZtop was the first concert back after none for a year and the cops threw lots of people out for sneaking a toke at that concert, again blaming the fans

this is the random thoughts page? right?, back to your regular programming🎶🔊

• Sad (neutral) 1

• Forum MVP

I'll never forget that night. I was too young to go at the time but it certainly scared my folks enough that I was banned from going to shows. My friends and I had to sneak around to go to shows. It was a terrible tragedy and he definitely should have been held accountable. 

• Forum MVP

I remember the crush of bodies at jubilee 1. All those people in GA. Then the flood came and swept thousands away Mickey had to do an expensive drum circle to keep people away from the stage. Or at least that’s my recollection.  

• LMAO 1

• Forum MVP

Im also getting at the travestry done to east coast shows of banning GA. The most deadicated could camp out before the show to get the rail, up close. The route to get close to the band changed to a dollar amount. It wrecked the Who also, that tour had the trailer for the 1979 debut of the film Quadrophenia as the opening act. The band returned in 1982 with greatest hits tours replacing the mod movement themed shows pre 12/3/79. We as deadheads can aporeciate movement driven shows

2 hours ago, Rude said:

Any band that has crowds that break down fences like at astroworld should be banned from performing. It’s disgusting that fans could act like this....

This reminds me of GD at umass Amherst. Only 5000 tickets sold to the public. I was very dosed and accepted this would be the only show I was shut out of. A guy named Donahue with a van with a loudspeaker on top was selling T-shirts and tabs. Right before the show started he circled the parking lot and grounds saying over the loudspeaker go to the front gate we will get in. This was shortly after The Who debacle. I still don't know if the gate broke down or they opened it up but we all got in. I am happy they did not ban The Grateful Dead from Ever playing again...

• Forum MVP

My third GD show Rochester NY 11/5/77 

Large crowd gathered at gates to get in….there were like 30 doors all glass….and they opened 1.

Crowd pushed through…much broken glass…but luckily no serious injuries.

Take a step back part of setlist…still have untorn ticket.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

The dead are lucky they didn’t have a mass casualty event like this, but the dead would stop the show unlike travis Scott. 

this is an awesome video showing the time everything was happening with videos of the chaos and what he was doing on stage. 

https://m.facebook.com/TheFestiveOwl/videos/601705397698583/?extid=CL-UNK-UNK-UNK-IOS_GK0T-GK1C&ref=sharing