Billy Strings

• Forum MVP

Well, I'd say you got a damn good show opening with Meet Me at The Creek! That was a show closer for several years. He's been doing some 200 shows a year since like 2012 and moving in all kinds of directions, but now, I mean now his band is at a whole nother level. The upcoming threesome at the Ryman is streaming free on nugs. I've also heard he's got a couple hundred songs that will be unleashed in the coming years. 

• Forum MVP

I wanted to go to the Ryman last night but somehow I ended up being the babysitter as meili went with a tour friend who was already down there for the whole run who had an extra. He was joined by the following guests 

Bobby weir

les Claypool

Marty Stuart

ronnie McCoury

nice guest list lol. 

BB5-CE71-B-A16-D-4310-B7-AE-F8-FEDAA8-B5

• Like (+1) 2
  • Confused (neutral) 1

• Forum MVP

So I’m familiar with the name Marty Stuart, but I went to check out his music. It’s very basic. Sort of pop country, but very very basic. As basic as I could ever imagine. Give yourself 5 minutes scrolling through his biggest songs. Worst music I’ve heard in a year. Meili said she’s embarrassed she saw him now. I feel like I’m being mean but it’s really that bad 

• LMAO 1

• Forum MVP

That's wrong. He's got this one acoustic album that all native American. His guitarist is top notch. Marty is all class, not to be underrated. I've attended several of his shows that were exceptional. Marty got his start along with Vince Gill playing as a member of The Hot Band backing Emmylou Harris. Give him credit for the class act he provides. He's a true musician through and through for life 'round here...

He's in the class with Del McCoury and we certainly don't dis Del 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

I know it was rude. I just went to Apple Music and listened to most listened to songs. Maybe that means America likes the bad stuff, but the pop country crossover stuff he made isn’t listenable. I get you need to make that nut when you can as a musician and he went pop country to make it like Hornsby and Winwood went A/C to make the cheese. 

• 2 months later...
  • Forum MVP

All three Louisville shows are live free stream on www.mixlr.com

Search Billy-Streams around 9pm.

Last opened again with a Meet Me at The Creek. Breakin to the new guy in proper. Also an All Fall Down , crazy good preshow, set break and post show tunage from their sbd guy, Andy, it's half the fun of listening to the stream.