Wilmington, the Grand.

• Forum MVP

Ah, another Sunday show,with that Sunday show feel, of course. Good crowd, minimal talkers. Met a lot of people catching their first show which I took as good for the band. Rob Barracco has influenza type A so they just had the keyboards and no player but went ahead anyway and played an elective set list. That gave us an interesting set list and a lot of Lisa. I have no problem with either of them. Two drummers. I just woke up and only one cup of coffee so far but here goes. I know I am drawing a blank on a couple of tunes that should be remembered first. Opener was one of those, Johnny B Goode, woman enough, greatest story that was killer with Lisa’s vocals, Second that emotion, NFA>GDTRFB, cryptically>other one> cryptical> morning Dew. It’s official, Jeff owns Morning Dew. That is his song. Sorry, John K, you have been replaced. Skip on vocals for Cripple creek filler. Obviously, many blanks in the set list. Help! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Many holes too Greg! Fun show, good crowd all around, maybe 3/4 sold so plenty of room to dance and move around. Staff and ultra chill, allowed dancing in the aisles and saw a few ushers swaying and enjoying the night.

This is not verified in any way and I hope I'm wrong:

"Rob Barracco has influenza type A". I hope that's all and he gets better, I was chatting with an usher after the show and he said that Rob had a seizure and was in a local hospital! I love Rob and missed his presence last night, I hope whatever it is heals so he can beam his smile and sport that headband again soon! 

• Forum MVP

I grew up in Wilmington, been going to the grand since they brought it back to life in the seventies. That place had been abandoned. The ushers are all volunteers and they run a tight ship but a good one. One of the volunteers is Othel Heaney. Growing up, we shared a back door neighbor. I was best friends with her middle son when we were like eleven or twelve. He died in a car accident the night before thanksgiving when he was twenty. His younger brother committed suicide a few years later, unable to cope with what the local Catholic priests did to him. So, anyway, Othel has been volunteering there for years. I asked for her at set break. She was downstairs but still working in her Eighties. She came upstairs. It was good to see her. First time since the last time Dark Star played there. Oh, old school minglewood too last night

• Forum MVP
44 minutes ago, Rbarracoph said:

just flu and a migraine;-)

That's quite a 1-2 punch

one-two-punch-police-squad-0ipczm99ekhk2

Hope you feel better in no time!

Set 1: New Minglewood Blues ; Dire Wolf ; Cumberland Blues ; Green, Green Grass of Home ; Loser ; You Ain't Woman Enough (To Take My Man) ; Me And Bobby McGee ; Cold Rain And Snow ; New Orleans ; Not Fade Away > Going Down The Road Feeling Bad > Not Fade Away

Set 2: Greatest Story Ever Told > Johnny B. Goode ; I Second That Emotion ; Cryptical Envelopment > drums > The Other One > Sing Me Back Home > drums > space > The Other One > Cryptical Envelopment > Saint Stephen > Morning Dew

Encore: Up On Cripple Creek

• Like (+1) 3