DSO jam in the sand night 1

Tom Banjo

• Forum MVP

I can't recall the set list for sure but I think I have the 2nd set down fairly well.

Cryptical > other one> alligator > mountain song > other one > cryptical > Stella > drums > throwing stones > going down the road > viola 

encore Quinn the eskimo

i loved the 2nd set and that may be a little out of order I'm not sure whether Stella was pre drums or post drums. I feel like that set list was written for me. And of course I know it wasn't. I missed Jamaica last year because I was on a 6 month unwanted vacation. I got arrested for smiling on a cloudy day. Just out of prison on 6 dollars bail. Some got 6 months. I know I got a friend somewhere. Btw, I really cool program out there is called I got a friend somewhere or something like that. It's penpal service for people locked up. It gives a way for heads to let other heads doing time keep in touch with the scene the community. It lets them know they haven't been forgotten. When you get a letter when mail comes when locked up it feels really special. It keeps you going. It gives you hope. 

spent the night after the show listening to Cotter and friends play til 5 in the morning. That too was incredible and magical. Jamaica for me has always been the most magical time. Is never not worth the money spent. I love each and everyone of you. I can't explain with words just how much this music this scene means to my life. It proves the greatest joy in my life. The most magical and meaningful moments in my life other than Whitney and my kids. It helps me feel. It helps me grow. It gives me meaning and purpose. 

Love is real.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

If I was watching that show and heard throwing stones come out I think I’d scratch my head a bit. Mei has gotten real fast about guessing songs and she’d say throwing stones and I’d be like come on babe. This is old school. Then I’d have to eat crow. Hmm. Did people eat much crow in the day when they were wrong? Was it like a common bet that if you are wrong you have to eat crow?

On 1/11/2023 at 5:46 AM, Tom Banjo said:

I can't recall the set list for sure but I think I have the 2nd set down fairly well.

Cryptical > other one> alligator > mountain song > other one > cryptical > Stella > drums > throwing stones > going down the road > viola 

encore Quinn the eskimo

Btw, I really cool program out there is called I got a friend somewhere or something like that. It's penpal service for people locked up. It gives a way for heads to let other heads doing time keep in touch with the scene the community. It lets them know they haven't been forgotten. When you get a letter when mail comes when locked up it feels really special. It keeps you going. It gives you hope. 

That looks like FUN, Great set!!!

• Forum MVP

Here's the first set of the first nite:

Set 1: Hell In A Bucket ; Althea ; Mama Tried > Jack-a-Roe ; Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues ; We Can Run ; Me And My Uncle ; Stagger Lee ; Man Smart (Woman Smarter) > Bird Song > Feel Like A Stranger

• Like (+1) 1
  • 3 weeks later...