Fun Podcast . Well - fun for some

Tea

• Forum MVP

A Grateful Dead game show where contestants guess the year of live recordings.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/guess-the-year/id1649273235

https://guesstheyearshow.podbean.com/

Some of these have a higher degree of difficulty, a couple others I was able to guess the exact show.  Worth a listen if you're into that kinda thing.  John A should be a contestant (if he hasn't participated already 😁)    

• Forum MVP

That’s the weirdest charity donation I’ve ever heard. Housing and weapons training for trans communities as well as help for veterans of the black panther movement? Curious what type of weapons training they do. Guns, nunchucks, knives? Very strange for a dead charity to offer weapons training. Of course we have to check our weapons at shows besides in Alabama and Oklahoma where if you go through the metal detector green then you need to go buy a weapon at merch. 

• LMAO 1

• Forum MVP

I was better than 1 of them. I knew that 1st TOO was Brent and not pig but clueless on the year guessing 84 with no reasoning behind it. I’ve never really sat down with early 80’s dead. The board quality was pretty weak post Betty and there’s so much Dead of great quality I haven’t much touched anything but 82 and 85 from the early 80’sv I guess I should slog through 1980 and accept the quality. 

• Forum MVP

I started in 1980. I was lectured to about everything Grateful Dead by my roommate at college who was connected to some serious tourheads. The band was excited about a fresh start with Brent. The word on the street was that they had big plans and were excited. BTW, word of mouth was how the news was spread back then.  It really was a subculture. I feel that they were going to take the late seventies live show success to the next level.  I say that in retrospect. I also think that this era is where Jerry had evolved his playing and singing furthest before the drugs started showing up in the quality of his performances. Yea, the early eighties are the good old days for me. If I am not mistaken, I think 11/30/80 helps me make my point.