Live Nation Cartel

• Forum MVP

I’m a reasonable guy.  Everyone gotta make their money and in a perfect world, it would go mostly the band and a slice to the management company

Live Nation asks for near mid-30’s for a ticket which is a great value for the DSO experience. With fees it’s 60+.  Bands gotta make a living and I’m willing to pay more to support them.  BUT you got fees that are MORE than the ticket?  Fuck that bullshit monopoly.  Laid bare greed like that and you get a couple clownshow congressional hearings?  It’s like the pharmaceutical industry pricing model model put a chokehold on ticketing/entertainment approach

I support DSO and their representation - they deserve a lucrative deal for their talent but the Live Nation cartel is bad for all of us.  Bleep those Bleeps. <end rant>

• Like (+1) 2

And you don't even get a physical ticket anymore.  I miss the days of camping out at ticket locations in a mall.  Getting random numbers or bracelets then buying physical tickets that I could do with what I want and be able to save the stubs as a little reminder of the event.  Also entering a venue was 1000% easier.  They rip your ticket, you keep the stub and you're in.  Now its wait in a see of people, get a rectal exam & a radiation scan (for security) then they have to try to scan everyone's barcode on peoples phones.  Society is going in the wrong direction all for "convenience"?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

Lol you can get a commemorative ticket for Deadco for $10 extra. That’s freaking silly. Is anyone familiar with the Ticketmaster scam back in the day. They mailed your tickets and you could go to box office day of show and say they never arrived and get another set of tix. We used it honorably when our car was robbed on tour by non tour peeps so there wouldn’t be anyone in our spot. 

• Forum MVP
14 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Back in the day, ticketron was at Bag and Baggage, 8th and Orange in downtown Wilmington, De. The place sold suitcases, and tickets. People would camp out for days for tickets. I’m not so sure they ever sold any suitcases. 

we went to disc jockey and got in line before it opened. Probably made more sense selling tickets in a music store than suitcase store. The problem was tickets would sometimes go on sale before it opened.