Honolulu, Hawaii 4/5/24

• Forum MVP

Original Recipe

(1) Box of Rain > China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider, Black Throated Wind, Loser, Greatest Story Ever Told, I’ll Take a Melody, Easy Wind, Just Like Tom’s Thumbs Blues, Feel Like a Stranger

(2) Help is on The Way > Slipknot! > Franklins Tower, Corrina > St. Stephen > Eyes of the World > Drums > Space > The Wheel > Playin in the Band > Stella Blue > Playin Reprise

E: Mr. Charlie, Piece of my Heart

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Awesome pair of shows!  So very grateful they came yet hoped there would be more people. I fear they won't return if bringing the show to Hawaii isn't viable.  Maybe Big Island?  Feels like there are more heads there. Would fly in to see them again.  If they do come back to us I'll buy extra tix and invite friends to come along.  I like seeing younger people there, reminds me of those who turned me on in the 80's. Heartfelt Mahalo to DSO and crew.  May the four winds blow you safely home!

• Like (+1) 3
On 4/6/2024 at 8:05 AM, Rude said:

Was wondering if they were gonna pull out a 70 Hawaii show that was Dave’s pick 19 and go weird on the dark star 

Not usually with lisa in the house...long trip not to allow all band members to play.

First night 12/27/77...2nd night my favorite of the 2...grateful for dso!

On 4/6/2024 at 9:23 AM, Steve-O said:

Awesome pair of shows!  So very grateful they came yet hoped there would be more people. I fear they won't return if bringing the show to Hawaii isn't viable.  Maybe Big Island?  Feels like there are more heads there. Would fly in to see them again.  If they do come back to us I'll buy extra tix and invite friends to come along.  I like seeing younger people there, reminds me of those who turned me on in the 80's. Heartfelt Mahalo to DSO and crew.  May the four winds blow you safely home!

Glad you made it... I agree with the young vibe..I have a lot of younger friends who see a LOT of dso...

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Tom Banjo said:

Maui much more my speed than Honolulu. Sugar beach resort has a beautiful pool. Private beach and private beach access. The view from the lanai is breathtaking. 

Yeah, same here but no venue like The Hawaii Theater 😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

The Hawaii theater worked. And Waikiki made a lot of sense based on where the venue was. A lot of nice shops and restaurants as well. But crowded like a city. It was a city with a beach. Kids still loved it. Our rental here at sugar beach has a full kitchen and access to grills. I'm cooking most of our food here. If and I know it's a big if we pull off Hawaii again. I'd probably lean towards 3 not 5 days in Honolulu and then spend 7 days in a less populated part of the islands. But I understand the necessity of the nice theater to play in. Place sounded good even with seat we were able to find ample dance space. Shows were a lot of fun. I'll try to post some of Whitney's pictures from Maui though. Just gorgeous view from our balcony and we gonna do a luau while here and take kids on a whale watching excursion.

• Forum MVP

Looking forward to skull and roses. Ventura is a happy medium between Honolulu and sugar beach. Our Airbnb has a solar heated pool.

One thing I can say for sure is my life is blessed. I have this beautiful family this beautiful music and community. Life really is wonderful. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

Possibly best day in Hawaii yet. We did a snorkel boat trip this afternoon. Got to swim with the turtles and all the fishes. Saw a monk seal. 2 whales and 4 dolphins. Kids had a blast. Such a great day. Made ribeyes on the grill at the resort. Big feast. Place is pretty amazing.

On 4/8/2024 at 4:04 AM, Rbarracoph said:

Yeah, same here but no venue like The Hawaii Theater 😉

Maui Cultural Arts Center in kahalui would have been a good venue. I saw Gregory Isaacs there around 1998 Outdoor capacity probably 3 to 4000 people indoors gotta hold 1500-2000. We would have been there if it was Maui... Flying with the puppy just wasn't going to work to hit Oahu then Maui.

Out of 13.  8 week vacations in Hawaii I've never been to Oahu had no desire to go to Oahu don't plan on ever going there. Maui Kauai and the Big Island are my favorites.