Eclipse 2024

Rude

• Forum MVP

This was the 2nd total eclipse I’ve had in my back yard in 7 years. There’s not much like a total eclipse. Southern Illinois and western KY are in the x marks the spot double eclipse area even though this one was only 1:20 vs the 2:25 we had in 2017. The last few seconds before a ripple of light starts to move over the ground as all the light becomes from the flares. Then darkness out. At around 95% covered everything becomes surreal looking. A minute before it went total Jonathan wanted to look at it so had to take him inside to not get his corneas burned like the 500 people last eclipse. Your eyes don’t automatically close like with the sun out. But the 500 people with a tiny strip of sun burnt into their corneas after the last one will tell you don’t look. Once it went full brought him out to see. He’s a moon fanatic anyway. Any time a moon shows up in any movie you get the “daddy moon. Moon daddy”. Cheers. 

oh and you could see stars and planets during the full. 

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

Drove 30 min. out of Cincy for the first quarter through total at 3:08, then left fairly quickly after having experienced the 20 hr drive home from the last one when we went just outside of Nashville 😳. Got home in 25 min this time 😎. There was a plane that timed it perfectly, flying across it right before the sun was completely blocked. Weird how it's been rainy and cloudy up until today and then the forecast shows going back to rainy and cloudy after today. Today was remarkably clear 

• Forum MVP
53 minutes ago, John A said:

I read the eclipse stimulated the economy to the tune of $6B.  Can Taylor Swift even do that?

Are you saying the eclipse wasn’t sponsored by the Taylor swift Travis Kelce sex trafficking ring?? She makes a billion and sex trafficking is at an all time high. Kelce wins the superbowl looking like he was jacked up on Hillary Clinton’s child adrenaline gland cocktail. Any reasonable person can put 2 and 2 together. And then there’s an eclipse a couple months later. Gotta look deeper bro. It’s in the numbers. 

• Forum MVP
4 hours ago, Ammagamalin Crew said:

Drove 30 min. out of Cincy for the first quarter through total at 3:08, then left fairly quickly after having experienced the 20 hr drive home from the last one when we went just outside of Nashville 😳. Got home in 25 min this time 😎. There was a plane that timed it perfectly, flying across it right before the sun was completely blocked. Weird how it's been rainy and cloudy up until today and then the forecast shows going back to rainy and cloudy after today. Today was remarkably clear 

Saw that plane. We had a little over 3 minutes totality where I was in Indiana. Great camping weekend with the eclipse to top it off. I'd post a couple picks if I knew how

• Like (+1) 1