Buffalo

found

nice! Thanks Tree Spine for the quick upload! Amazing. Gonna grab it right now. I can't wait to hear that Brokedown Palace again.

(((((((((( Thanks to all tapers for all your efforts, it definitely is appreciated! ))))))))))

Iwould also liketo thank everyone for the download have a fgreat holiday season and spend your money to see whom you choose for whatever price fits your budget

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
hmmm, why is half the show missing from the player? I fail everytime I try to download the flac files. Need to hear this Brokedown Palace.

Sometimes it takes a while for everything to show up Vincent, not sure why. I noticed when I first clicked on the link, there were about 8 or 9 songs only showing on the streaming player. Now there are non at all. ? ? ? I just downloaded all the flac files separately then can convert them to wav files if you want to burn to discs. Listening to Brokedown Palace again right now. Just about as sweet as last night! Bummer thing about this fine encore song, is the fire alarms are going off in the ballroom, kind of sucks now that I hear it again. they do get silenced, but they are there blasting a little bit. Hang in there, and hopes that soon enough you can see all the songs appear on the player so you can hear this show in its entirety! Take care. Bernie

Phenomenal. Electric. Intense. Ear to Ear grinning and heart-wrenching all at the same time. So bittersweet. I loved it!!!!!!!!!

DSO, thank you all, and man, you guys sound fantastic! JK, THANK YOU for all the memories and rockin' times. You will be grately missed! Best of luck to you. :wub:

:dsorocks:

• Advisory Board
Phenomenal. Electric. Intense. Ear to Ear grinning and heart-wrenching all at the same time. So bittersweet. I loved it!!!!!!!!!

DSO, thank you all, and man, you guys sound fantastic! JK, THANK YOU for all the memories and rockin' times. You will be grately missed! Best of luck to you. :wub:

What the hottie who's addicted to Mickey Mouse said...

• Forum MVP

The telling song choices in this show I'm sure is something pretty obvious to most people here. From Loose Lucy "thank you for a real good time" to Hurts Me too, to How Sweet it Is...this show felt almost like a Valentine from John to the world. I thought the first set was stacked and good fun but the second set was where I was really drawn in--with the highlight of a great pre-drums being a pretty ferocious jam at the end of the Grow into a Fire.

Although I'm sure many wanted a Garcia/Hunter song in the ballad slot, the Hurts Me too was a perfect choice and John's guitar was incredible--I think any of the Garcia ballads would have been tough in trying to live up to the largeness of the moment and the Hurts Me Too very much lived up to the largeness of the moment--it was a brilliant choice I thought.

Also, the How Sweet it Is was incredibly powerful--John's guitar work was phenomenal--who knew that song would fit into a show closing slot because it could have closed the show, easily.

And the Brokedown was, as many would expect, very intense. Despite the alarm, which sounded like it was going through the PA, going off for about 10 seconds in the middle of the brokedown (was that the house telling DSO their time was up?), there was this moment when John almost stopped--he hesitated and there was this thick kind of pause...he looked down towards the ground and then looked up at the crowd just before going into his final solo--like he really did not want this to end...wow...that was a fucking powerful moment. I will never forget it. And the solo was beautiful.

I think most times a show like this would be a let down because of the last show and everything, as well as the emotion of everyone involved. It just demonstrates how talented and focused this band is and how talented John is to be able to play this show the way it was played--I guess the goal for the band is to have fun and when they can do that, no matter what the situation is, everything seems to work out pretty damn good. I think it's a pretty rare thing.

Hope these guys find their way back together at some point in the not too distant future because they belong together--each and every one of them.

The telling song choices in this show I'm sure is something pretty obvious to most people here. From Loose Lucy "thank you for a real good time" to Hurts Me too, to How Sweet it Is...this show felt almost like a Valentine from John to the world. I thought the first set was stacked and good fun but the second set was where I was really drawn in--with the highlight of a great pre-drums being a pretty ferocious jam at the end of the Grow into a Fire.

Although I'm sure many wanted a Garcia/Hunter song in the balled slot, the Hurts Me too was a perfect choice and John's guitar was incredible--I think any of the Garcia ballads would have been tough in trying to live up to the largeness of the moment and the Hurts Me Too very much lived up to the largeness of the moment--it was a brilliant choice I thought.

Also, the How Sweet it Is was incredibly powerful--John's guitar work was phenomenal--who knew that song would fit into a show closing slot because it could have closed the show, easily.

And the Brokedown was, as many would expect, very intense. Despite the alarm, which sounded like it was going through the PA, going off for about 10 seconds in the middle of the brokedown (was that the house telling DSO their time was up?), there was this moment when John almost stopped--he hesitated and there was this thick kind of pause...he looked down towards the ground and then looked up at the crowd just before going into his final solo--like he really did not want this to end...wow...that was a fucking powerful moment. I will never forget it. And the solo was beautiful.

I think most times a show like this would be a let down because of the last show and everything, as well as the emotion of everyone involved. It just demonstrates how talented and focused this band is and how talented John is to be able to play this show the way it was played--I guess the goal for the band is to have fun and when they can do that, no matter what the situation is, everything seems to work out pretty damn good. I think it's a pretty rare thing.

Hope these guys find their way back together at some point in the not too distant future because they belong together--each and every one of them.

Thanks for sharing your perceptions of the show. I couldn't agree more with you last comment. This current band is so incredibly great right now, but it still has room to keep growing even stronger. I look forward to seeing the new version of DSO, as well as Furthur. However, I can't help but feel it is tragic that John decided to leave this group while it is still growing in power. I'm sorry, but as much as I love Phil and Bobby, I think they reached their zenith many years ago. It is great to see JK playing with two of the guys who started this music, but not at the expense of his termination with DSO. Perhaps there is more to this story. Perhaps John is just weary of the touring after 12 years, or maybe he just wants to play with GD legends in bigger stadiums and higher salary. I could understand all this. Nevertheless, I can't help but feel that something really special has been derailed. JMO.

Guest Lisacat

cats got my tongue a little bit on this one. The show was beautiful with energy and emotion. The WRS was so appropriate, and so incredibly heartfelt. The emotion coming through the song gave me chills as I was twirling around. And I think a lot of us were expecting to hear some heart-wrenching Jerry ballad (Stella blue) but upon reflection I realized that no, why would John do that. Instead the band showered us with love and gave us the sweetest delivery of How sweet it is. Of course the Brokedown was really heavy, followed by the bow from the band and crew.

I also spent much of the 2nd set thinking about and dancing for friends who should have been there but couldn't be there for various reasons. You were there in spirit.

I think my feeling coming away from the show was very similar to the way I felt after graduating from college. Not necessarily sad or happy, just very accepting and grateful for the last 4 years I've experienced and looking forward to the next journey.

Best wishes to you, John. Thank you so very much for all you have given.

To DSO, I can't wait to see this train continue to roll on and perhaps venture into new territory. I love you all and wish you only the very very best. I hope that everyone has a wonderful break and holiday with your families and loved ones.

With love and appreciation,

Lisa

Thanks for sharing your perceptions of the show. I couldn't agree more with you last comment. This current band is so incredibly great right now, but it still has room to keep growing even stronger. I look forward to seeing the new version of DSO, as well as Furthur. However, I can't help but feel it is tragic that John decided to leave this group while it is still growing in power. I'm sorry, but as much as I love Phil and Bobby, I think they reached their zenith many years ago. It is great to see JK playing with two of the guys who started this music, but not at the expense of his termination with DSO. Perhaps there is more to this story. Perhaps John is just weary of the touring after 12 years, or maybe he just wants to play with GD legends in bigger stadiums and higher salary. I could understand all this. Nevertheless, I can't help but feel that something really special has been derailed. JMO.

Very well stated-I'd bet theres alot of people in who share you feelings about a derailment,whether the are voicing that opinion or not!

I was fortunate enought to see DSO play with Jeff & walked away very impressed, it will be different, but none the less........ WE WILL SURVIVE!

Peace,

Rob

Right On!! What a magical setlist! I can't wait to get home tonight and try to download this off archives. I just wanted to thank all of you for sharing your experiences and thoughts with those of us who could not be there! Sounds like it was a very special night for all!!!!

• Forum MVP

I am really going to miss JK. Thank you DSO and JK for one more magical weekend. I got more into the Rochester show than I did the Buffalo show, but that could largely be due to my own energy and excitement and not the music being played. I liked the venue better in Rochester too; there was a lot more space to move around and dance. Nevertheless, the entire weekend was a truly magical experience. It was great to see so many friends and members of the DSO family make it out for JK's last shows. I will never forget the hundred plus shows I have shared with DSO and JK over the past 5 years. Like others have said, JK sounds like JK to me and not like Jerry (talking vocals people), but his voice resinates with me and touches me down to the depths of my soul. JK really knows how to make me feel the emotions found in Garcia/Hunter ballads better than anybody else I have seen make the attempt. Remember, I never got to see Garcia and the GD; thus, JK and DSO has been the only band to truly capture the GD musical experience for me. However, the experience I felt was an experience created by all members of the band on the stage and not just JK. Thus, although not sure I want to or even that I myself am ready, change is the only constant in life and I only have two choices at this time.

1. Forget about the GD live music experience. I can decide not to attend Furthur, DSO, or any other GD related band because I don't think that they will hold up against my impressions of the former DSO line-up.

or

2. I can embrace change and welcome it. I can continue to go see DSO and Furthur and make a decision about which one I think provides the best GD musical experience. I simply now have 2 bands to choose from.

Although I love the fact that DSO members are so approachable and thank you so much for that, the music is what brings me back and I am sure both bands will be able to provide great musical experiences. I have already seen Jeff w DSO and JK w Furthur and as of now, I still believe DSO provides the best musical experience. I am still partial to JK with DSO and would obviously love to see him return to DSO after his time spent playing with Phil and Bobby. On the other hand, I know that DSO and Jeff will continue to provide a tremendous product and will continue the spirit and music of the GD.

I think the people who know me know which choice I will be making. If you need any indication, I will be at the Furthur shows this weekend and with my favorite current touring act, the Dark Star Orchestra for the 4 night New Years Eve run. I am confident that DSO will continue to be the premier GD outlet for people who truly love to hear the music of the GD played the way it was originally played and in my opinion, the way it is supposed to be played. I also think JK can provide Phil and Bobby a much needed spark and Furthur will become a viable and legitimate 2nd in the performance of GD music. Please know that these are just my opinion and I am not trying to insult supporters of Phil and Bobby.

Thank you JK and DSO for all you have already done to share GD music with me and I look forward to seeing you guys down the line.

One last time (for now), I would like to thank John Kadlecik, Rob Eaton, Rob Barraco, Kevin Rosen, Lisa Mackey, Rob Koritz, and Dino English in no particular order for doing all that you do to keep the music of the GD alive and well today. Words can not express the true depth of the appreciation and love I have for each and every member of DSO and all that you guys do.

See you down the line.

Right On!! What a magical setlist! I can't wait to get home tonight and try to download this off archives. I just wanted to thank all of you for sharing your experiences and thoughts with those of us who could not be there! Sounds like it was a very special night for all!!!!

It was a very special night. The wife and I had a great time. It was great meeting some of the local tapers and I hope us Pittsburgh folk didn't interfer with your good times! We had a great and inexpensive (relatively) hotel room in the Comfort Suites. Grabbed a great meal at the Buffalo Chophouse pregame, was a bit tippsy from the wine! Got into the venue early and began setting up. We tried setting up the recording gear on the floor, but security wasn't having it. I even tried a few Jedi tricks to convince the guy, but it didn't happen. He was really nice though as well as the rest of the venue staff. i loved that the bathrooms were not crowded and drinks were easy to get. That doesn't happen in a few of our local venues. Taping from the back of the venue turned out ok, it at least provided a good bit of room to dance. There was some testorerone driven tool behind us that kept yelling "Turn it up!" We had a few laughs at his expense. Get a hearing aid buddy!

The show started off strong, can't complain about Aiko. The Bucket was nice, loved hearing the midi/synth guitar. The Jack Straw had me in the zone, good fun. lazy river Road was a great treat. I was suprised that the crowd treated the song more like setbreak than something they should be paying attention to. I admit I was talking more than I should have as well. It felt like a reunion of sorts. It wasn't annoying drunk people, just folks enjoying the moment...

Easy Wind was played very well, perhaps the highlight of the set. Me and My Uncle and Big River were played well and typical of a first set. Nothing to complain about there... Waiting for a Miricle was a great treat. Everyone was having a fine time! Easu was a real treat. I have heard DSO play this a few times and was really happy to get this one more time. Deal was a solid ending to a fine set. The energy was strong, x factor there and the place was bouncin! Got to enjoy some conversation and drinks at SetBreak.

Set 2 started of with One More Saturday Night, how fitting! Well played. Scarlet got me quite excited, I was ready for lift off and this got the ship sailing. A suprising transition into WRS. I couldn't complain. The let it Grow was strong and the jam was intense. Listen carefully and you may hear what sounds damn similar to Phish's First Tube. John was teasing a riff that was damn similar! They didn't forget about Fire on the Mountain! Good stuff! The drumz were ok, more time to bullshit with friends. The Hurst Me Too was a great change and the vocals from Lisa were fantastic! How Sweet it Is and Lovelight were also well played. boy am I gonna miss John! When they came back out and started Brokedown I was thrilled. What a delicate and moving tune. John really delivered. Unfortunatly the fire alarm was a buzz kill, but it really didn't matter. The night coulnd't be ruined by that damn buzzer.

Thanks DSO for such a fun ride, the memories I won't forget. good luck to John and the rest of DSO. I am not sure I will be catching any DSO or Furthur shows, but I am sure it is my loss... Great times, much love!

Guest crazy digits
I am really going to miss JK. Thank you DSO and JK for one more magical weekend. I got more into the Rochester show than I did the Buffalo show, but that could largely be due to my own energy and excitement and not the music being played. I liked the venue better in Rochester too; there was a lot more space to move around and dance. Nevertheless, the entire weekend was a truly magical experience. It was great to see so many friends and members of the DSO family make it out for JK's last shows. I will never forget the hundred plus shows I have shared with DSO and JK over the past 5 years. Like others have said, JK sounds like JK to me and not like Jerry (talking vocals people), but his voice resinates with me and touches me down to the depths of my soul. JK really knows how to make me feel the emotions found in Garcia/Hunter ballads better than anybody else I have seen make the attempt. Remember, I never got to see Garcia and the GD; thus, JK and DSO has been the only band to truly capture the GD musical experience for me. However, the experience I felt was an experience created by all members of the band on the stage and not just JK. Thus, although not sure I want to or even that I myself am ready, change is the only constant in life and I only have two choices at this time.

1. Forget about the GD live music experience. I can decide not to attend Furthur, DSO, or any other GD related band because I don't think that they will hold up against my impressions of the former DSO line-up.

or

2. I can embrace change and welcome it. I can continue to go see DSO and Furthur and make a decision about which one I think provides the best GD musical experience. I simply now have 2 bands to choose from.

Although I love the fact that DSO members are so approachable and thank you so much for that, the music is what brings me back and I am sure both bands will be able to provide great musical experiences. I have already seen Jeff w DSO and JK w Furthur and as of now, I still believe DSO provides the best musical experience. I am still partial to JK with DSO and would obviously love to see him return to DSO after his time spent playing with Phil and Bobby. On the other hand, I know that DSO and Jeff will continue to provide a tremendous product and will continue the spirit and music of the GD.

I think the people who know me know which choice I will be making. If you need any indication, I will be at the Furthur shows this weekend and with my favorite current touring act, the Dark Star Orchestra for the 4 night New Years Eve run. I am confident that DSO will continue to be the premier GD outlet for people who truly love to hear the music of the GD played the way it was originally played and in my opinion, the way it is supposed to be played. I also think JK can provide Phil and Bobby a much needed spark and Furthur will become a viable and legitimate 2nd in the performance of GD music. Please know that these are just my opinion and I am not trying to insult supporters of Phil and Bobby.

Thank you JK and DSO for all you have already done to share GD music with me and I look forward to seeing you guys down the line.

One last time (for now), I would like to thank John Kadlecik, Rob Eaton, Rob Barraco, Kevin Rosen, Lisa Mackey, Rob Koritz, and Dino English in no particular order for doing all that you do to keep the music of the GD alive and well today. Words can not express the true depth of the appreciation and love I have for each and every member of DSO and all that you guys do.

See you down the line.

Rick, very well said buddy...very well thought out and I agree with everything you said. I am excited for the future and will embrace all changes and KNOW that DSO will continue to flourish whether its Mickey Mouse playing guitar..They do their homework and settle for nothing less than the best..Love you all and hopefully Phil and Bobby will allow JK to lead by example so that musical formation will become a total melt down affair..because it will if this happens...Plus, everyone involved, you all know who you are, Aint no time to hate....

epic shows (roch and buff). momentous occasion. my buddy suggested that these shows were kinda like knowing the significance of 7/9/95 before the fact and being able to plan accordingly. bittersweet.

on a side note it was fun dancing with you fine folks in buffalo. there wasn't much space, but we worked it. always nice dancing with people who know what the hell they are doing.

or

See you down the line.

Yeah! That was just exactly perfect! Thanks Rick!

• Forum MVP
I can continue to go see DSO and Furthur and make a decision about which one I think provides the best GD musical experience.

I'm with you on the former but not so much on the latter--but I get the need to figure out one's priorities.

I'm just not that good with decisions.

Happy trails buddy--hope to see you out on my coast at some point down the line.

Archived