Reo Speedwagon

Dr. Vapor

• Forum MVP

Now more than ever:

And your freaks are cryin' but your back is still turned

You better stop your hidin or your country will burn

The time has come for you my friend

To all this ugliness we must put an end

Good call, Doctor...this needs to be blared at 12 in a car screaming through the night with Cowboy Neal at the wheel.

• Forum MVP

Amazingly.....something..........band. The live music they make is like none other to experience full blast post-show, in some stanger's car in some strange city, when your head is already reeling from the all weirdness going on. I can't believe it's taken this long to get an REO Speedwagon discussion on here! Or wait, maybe I can.

Guest deadheadmike

Ok , so I go spend a little time with my drums today , nothing fancy planned , just jam for an hour or two to some recorded music or turn on the radio and go for pot luck ... I decide to go for the pot luck and what I do is go through each fm station and play along to 2 or 3 full songs all formats , jazz , latin , metal , country , rock and everything ... the very first thing I hear after turning the radio receiver on is , " Heard it from a friend who" ... I though you gotta be kidding me , got a little giggle and then rocked out to REO ... it was fun !!!

• Forum MVP

Remember laying in my tent in the grass median along the edge of JFK parking lot and about a 6 lane boulevard in Philly at 3am during the summer of 88 stadium tour, chemically induced and trying to go to sleep for the drive to E. Ruth the next day and the dude beside us was CRANKIN' "riding the storm out" and those drums were echoing through my head in a thousand different directions........laid there staring at the top of the tent until 6am and just got up and hit the road.

Guest deadheadmike
I just had to suffer through my college room mate always playing them. :(

I can take a serving of REO about once every six months , got my serving yesterday and I'm good for 6 ... :P

• Advisory Board
Remember laying in my tent in the grass median along the edge of JFK parking lot and about a 6 lane boulevard in Philly at 3am during the summer of 88 stadium tour, chemically induced and trying to go to sleep for the drive to E. Ruth the next day and the dude beside us was CRANKIN' "riding the storm out" and those drums were echoing through my head in a thousand different directions........laid there staring at the top of the tent until 6am and just got up and hit the road.

LOL Great story!! Been there before, but haven't we all for the most part? :)

Archived