5 Years Ago Today

lookyloo

ugh.... my nose tickles and the tears sit right on the rim of my eyes. Looky really, you said it all.... I REALLY miss him too!

Wow, he's still with me so much I feel like it was only yesterday, but SO much has changed... it feels like a lifetime ago.

I will always be grateful. His laugh, smile, silliness, samwich :) making skills, his way of making me want to be a better person, reminding me to appreciate the consistency of the every day routines. His impact on my life is cherished all the time.

e

Guest jazz-man

It doesn't seem like 5 years since we got the terrible news, I enjoyed the hell out of each Scott/DSO show I saw. Milestones like this make you pause and think "what have I done in the last 5 years?". Sleep in the stars, Scott.

• Forum VIP

I remember one of his famous lines...you would see him after a show and say "Hey Scott good to see you" ...and he would reply " its good to be seen"...I heard thru the grapevine that his mother has organized a family get together this weekend in honor of Scott and to help his daughter remember some of the early days with her Dad........Miss you buddy....and remember its not a poker game until someone loses their Watch......Sandwich anyone?....Cheers, ...Dr. V

• Band Member

From this side, it is impossible not to go a day without laughing on the bus,, remembering something he said, or thinking of something he did. On stage it is not possible to think he isn't up there with us in someway, every night. I miss the hell out of my friend, but I know he is on stage everytime I am. Hard to believe it has been 5 years. This is the one day I wish I didn't remember. I miss you, Scotty!!!

• Advisory Board

I had a good 98 shows with Scotty, and I was with him right up until last few hours until he departed this world... I think of him often, and sometimes laugh at shit he would say to me... I miss you Scotty, but I know you're with us in spirit and heart until we meet again at the jubilee ....

One evening Bix had me listening into certain shows with Scott...he could really throw it down! I wish I had the opportunity to have experienced his shows, but his talent and love of the music shine through the recordings and he's a beautiful key part of this history...

I'm sorry I never met you, Scott. Your spirit lives on!...

Scott was the first person associated with DSO that I got to talk to, back in '98? in Breckenridge. He made it real easy to feel their commitment to the music. He was always open to talk about anything that came up from my perspective as a fan. While I didn't know him well enough to call him a friend, his presence will always be felt when I think of the Dark Star Orchestra. Keep tickling those keys Samich Man!

Archived