Hampton Beach 28-29Th

ripplinrain

I want to take my dogs and rv up there.The state parks do NOT allow pets and the campgrounds are three night minimum.Any advice on maybe a cool spot or what of the chances of just parking somewhere WITHOUT getting hassled?Any and all advice welcome.Thank You ripplinrain

• Forum MVP

While I hesitate to use phrases such as "police state" or "unkind," Hampton Beach and the nearby environs are not noted for being overly friendly to the too-casual camper types. I'm not trying to be a downer, just a pragmatist: no way are you likely to be able to pull into a spot and set up shop in that town. Parking is watched like a hawk.

The police keep a tight rein on things; coming out of shows there you'd swear it was Christmas with all the pretty blinking lights from the cop cars doing a brisk business on the main drag and side streets. I don't know the name of the parking lot owners, and I wish you good luck with your plan. It is just that it isn't Boulder on the beach.

The shows there are always strong. I love the venue and hopefully this time around we will get good beach weather too...

Guest Lisacat

just make sure you do your parking outside of the venue tongue.gif

but in all seriousness, perhaps it would be worth it to pay for the 3 night minimum even if you are only going to be there 2 nights....like chuck said, I don't think you'll be able to just set up camp anywhere in that town, especially over a holiday weekend.

Yeah "live free or Die"but don't bring your pets.I have never heard of state park campgrounds with no pets allowed.Oh yes there are few places like the WEST COAsT road.Hung out at Greyhound Rock a lot.It used to be a game they would kick us out,we'd go ten minutes down the road get kicked out of there and go right back to Greyhound rock.Oh the memories.

• Forum MVP

Hampton Beach is quite frankly a white-trash shithole, full of drunken bikers and nascar fans. The police crack down on just about anything unusual

Well I was on the fence as 2 whether I was going to attend these shows... or go to Ocean City for the holiday.That statement from Rusty who is an New Englander just made up my mind.I guess its Mack and Manco's and Kohr's custard....and DSO on the IPOD.

Guest Lisacat

Well I was on the fence as 2 whether I was going to attend these shows... or go to Ocean City for the holiday.That statement from Rusty who is an New Englander just made up my mind.I guess its Mack and Manco's and Kohr's custard....and DSO on the IPOD.

It really isn't as bad as it sounds....totally worth it for the venue. If seaside heights NJ is a 1 on the scale of beach quality (sorry LB) from 1-10, 1 being trashy to 10 being upscale nice, I'd put Hampton at about a 6.5. I really didn't think it was that bad. Maybe I was just being oblivious but for a weekend of shows in the <IMO>best dance floor on the east coast, its fine. And beats the shit out of having to PAY to get on the jersey shore.

I think the place goes down as one of the all-time favorites for many people:

DSCF0753_JPG.jpg

sweaty knees????

DSCF0750_JPG.jpg

DSCF0801_JPG.jpg

DSCF0795_JPG.jpg

• Forum MVP

If seaside heights NJ is a 1 on the scale of beach quality (sorry LB) from 1-10,

Nobody from Jersey goes to Seaside Heights....we leave that for all the Bennies.LBI and south are some of the most beautiful beaches on the East Coast.......

Guest Lisacat

Nobody from Jersey goes to Seaside Heights....we leave that for all the Bennies.LBI and south are some of the most beautiful beaches on the East Coast.......

I know one person who does.... ohmy.gif I stear clear of the jersey shore all together....I go to the BEACH in DE and MD!

• Forum MVP

I was there last year. The place is crawling with cops late night, but we had a great time. We did what we wanted to do, but didn't carry anything unnecessary with us and knew to remain respectful and quiet when leaving show and returning to hotel. We had a nice little pow wow after the first show, but the manager of the hotel eventually restricted access to outsiders to our two rooms (one for sleeping, one for partying) and believe me we made sure that it never stopped.

Oh yeah, don't eat sand.

Guest Mind Of A Squirrel

Also, be on the lookout for clean-cut dudes in tie-dyes riding really nice black Cannondale mountain bikes looking to 'party'...

Who did they think they were fooling anyway?

My buddy was three sheets to the wind and said right to their faces "go away cops..."

I want to take my dogs and rv up there.The state parks do NOT allow pets and the campgrounds are three night minimum.Any advice on maybe a cool spot or what of the chances of just parking somewhere WITHOUT getting hassled?Any and all advice welcome.Thank You ripplinrain

Dont know if there is a WALMART around the area the have FREE parking for RV all over the country. :dsorocks:

Also, be on the lookout for clean-cut dudes in tie-dyes riding really nice black Cannondale mountain bikes looking to 'party'...

Who did they think they were fooling anyway?

My buddy was three sheets to the wind and said right to their faces "go away cops..."

Holly shit!! You've got to be kidding me. They actually tried to infiltrate the rank + file?? I guess they prolly enforce the open container law, or is there one? Guess we better be on our best behavior!! :lol:

• Forum MVP

Hampton Beach is fine, and a great time, as long as you can fly under the radar...

....don't think i'm gonna make it this year....rick, passing through philly on the way?

I didn't mean to steer anybody away, it is a great venue (as long as they don't put the tables in! GA shows are way better than assigned-seating shows). Just don't expect to push any boundaries outside and get away with it. It's very far from the land of the free, despite the state's motto.

There's also one of the two biggest local festivals of the year the same weekend, so you'll definitely get less of the new-england-based hard-core wookies. But the cops will still be on extra high alert, I imagine, and pissed off that they have to work Memorial Day Weekend....

• Forum MVP

That would be one Shannon....haven't seen her in years..

Have seen her a couple of times since then in Portland at the Crystal...was rolling with the Rainbows and then had her act pretty much together (not that the two are mutually exclusive)...

Archived