Jeff Mattson

August West

• Forum MVP

Ok so I don't want to get into this whole thingy about the Stu and Jeff decision at all... because whatever the band finally decides is just fine with me... and I will support them no matter what.But what I do want to say is this.....for all you people that were concerned about Jeff's vocals... I saw him singing his ass off this weekend... in key... and in tune.. and with soul that you couldn't even imagine.And his guitar work....absoulutely mezmorizing!!What an amazingly blissfull time these past days have been.Instead of bickering back and forth over stuff we have no control of we should all just be happy for what we have....here and now.We are very lucky to have this band bring us back to times we never thought we would see again. :dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

Ok so I don't want to get into this whole thingy about the Stu and Jeff decision at all... because whatever the band finally decides is just fine with me... and I will support them no matter what.But what I do want to say is this.....for all you people that were concerned about Jeff's vocals... I saw him singing his ass off this weekend... in key... and in tune.. and with soul that you couldn't even imagine.And his guitar work....absoulutely mezmorizing!!What an amazingly blissfull time these past days have been.Instead of bickering back and forth over stuff we have no control of we should all just be happy for what we have....here and now.We are very lucky to have this band bring us back to times we never thought we would see again.

:dsorocks:

I agree with you 100% , Greg ... it would be childish to think of this any other way ... sorry I couldn't make it Sat , Cuban Pete's for dinner and DSO for music , it don't get any better than that !!!

whole thingy about the Stu and Jeff decision at all... because whatever the band finally decides is just fine with me...

Absent any logistical or health issues seems pretty clear to me who the "guy" moving forward is and will be...

Unless I'm missing something, as an interested fan and observer the vibe is clearly in that direction..

I've only personally seen Stu with JGB, so I can't make an apples to apples comparison. I can tell you, however, that Stu's vocals and guitar work have always impressed me. That said, we saw Mattson in Baltimore with DSO for the New Year's shows, and all I can say is wow, what a treat. Mountains of the Moon, Ripple, Cumberland, Tangled up in Blue..... really? People question this guy's singing ability? Anyway, as I have said before, there is no wrong answer here. Let's just sit back and enjoy the ride. There is some great music to look forward to this summer.

Ok so I don't want to get into this whole thingy about the Stu and Jeff decision at all... because whatever the band finally decides is just fine with me... and I will support them no matter what.But what I do want to say is this.....for all you people that were concerned about Jeff's vocals... I saw him singing his ass off this weekend... in key... and in tune.. and with soul that you couldn't even imagine.And his guitar work....absoulutely mezmorizing!!What an amazingly blissfull time these past days have been.Instead of bickering back and forth over stuff we have no control of we should all just be happy for what we have....here and now.We are very lucky to have this band bring us back to times we never thought we would see again. :dsorocks:

You have said what I was thinking through the entire show at the Wellmont this weekend... Jeff was so animated, bouncing around, creating tremendous solos that, yes, peaked quite dramatically on many songs. And yes, his voice was full, confident, and precise... his own voice, of course, but sounding a bit like Jerry in parts. Having seen him with DSO last fall, I was familiar with his impressive guitar work, but his voice seemed strained at times, and much less assured than it did at the show on Saturday night. Whether he has had voice lessons, or not, Jeff was showing what he is capable of, and for that we should all be very grateful... I know I was. If they decide to make Jeff sign on the proverbial "dotted line", we will ALL benefit !!!

Topher

• Forum MVP

Can't help but think that DSO would love to see this thing work out without having to choose.

For DSO:

Two extraordinary musicians - one brutal decision. :blink:

For the Starheads:

Two extraordinary musicians - a bounty of beautiful music. :D

• Forum MVP

I think the decision has been made...I personally think it was made prior to the April tour.

I'm ultra grateful Stu Allen is back with The Schwag and JGB!!!! :icon14:

Stu is a great guy and a grate talent ... he made lots of friends on this last DSO tour ... he'll be seeing more than a few familiar faces from of the April tour regardless of who he's playing with and where ... I don't know if any decisions were made , but no matter , cause whatever it is wont change the fact that both Stu and Jeff ROCK !!! ;)

• Advisory Board

Im still reeling over Jeffs vocals from the Electric Factory... fucking FANTASTIC!!! I don't know what he did during his off time, but it showed, and I am a firm believer of his vocals now... I have always been a firm believer of his playing, but now... W-O-W!!!!

I think the decision has been made...I personally think it was made prior to the April tour.

I'm ultra grateful Stu Allen is back with The Schwag and JGB!!!! :icon14:

+1

something tells me Stu Allen will be just fine continuing to do his thing. His tone is spot on these days, and we all knew how good his vocals are. getting melvin to play some dead tunes can only be another plus!

peace,

waldo

Archived