Now Listening...

You Are Here

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

http://www.archive.org/details/gd1991-09-06.sbd.miller.95314.sbeok.flac16

Richfield, OH 9/6/1991

While this whole show is very solid, please give a listen to the Bird Song. As the meolodies begin to peak (7 minute-mark), Jerry finds another gear and it blows up into pure bliss. You will not be disappointed. I play this one at least once a month. The Crazy Fingers and Terrapin are beyond noteworthy as well.

So good......!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Furthur

2011-11-20

Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO

Set 1

1. Hell In A Bucket 10:29

2. Cold Rain And Snow 6:48

3. Mama Tried > 4:47

4. Big River 7:59

5. Mississippi Half Step > 13:42

6. Peggy-O 7:19

7. Reuben And Cherise > 9:11

8. Samson And Delilah 8:03

Set 2

9. Box Of Rain 8:00

10. Big Bad Blues > 10:33

11. Comes A Time > 10:32

12. Let It Grow > 13:29

13. Help On The Way > 4:11

14. Slipknot! > 4:04

15. Caution (Do Not Stop On The Tracks) > 9:41

16. New Speedway Boogie 9:12

17. Dear Prudence > 8:36

18. Slipknot! > 4:04

19. Franklin's Tower 11:14

Encore:

20. Donor Rap 1:45

21. Johnny B. Goode 6:07

• Forum MVP

Austin Municipal Auditorium on 1971-11-15

Road Trips 2: Volume 3

Truckin', Bertha, Playin' In The Band, Deal, Jack Straw, Loser, Beat It On Down The Line, Dark Star-> El Paso-> Dark Star-> Casey Jones, One More Saturday Night Me & My Uncle, Ramble On Rose, Mexicali Blues, Brokedown Palace, Me And Bobby McGee, Cumberland Blues, Sugar Magnolia, You Win Again, Not Fade Away-> China Cat Sunflower Jam-> Goin' Down The Road Feelin' Bad-> Not Fade Away, E: Johnny B. Goode

Oh man.....The Dark Star sandie is perfect. The fuse that gets lit with the start of NFA and explodes as NFA come back around is epic (I know there were quite a few). So freakin good!

• Forum MVP
http://www.archive.o...attle_WA.flac16 Nice recording of Warren, one of his last shows I've been able to find besides his Letterman appearance in 2003. "Don't let it us get sick, don't let us get old ,don't let us get stoopid,alright? just make us be brave and l make us play nice and let us get together tonight"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP
http://www.archive.o...118072.flac2448 Check out this whopping 1983 version of West LA, the recording really brings the arena into play, simply raw and ripping high lonesome notes of a year that Jerry played the hell out of songs (well everyone in the band to be right about it). The lead 5 minutes into it grasps at sonic speculations indicative of the coming next three years. Remember too that this was taped before the taping section set everyone back a step. Gotta love those FOB years before there was FOB. The vocals echo just perfectly, Brent blending in like he did so subtly. DStone it's got a spanish jam to it that merits the compliment of being a SJ....nice cadet style drumming with the minor chords bringing out the tapestry of leads that set the stage for what seems like a Miracle at times and falls into the Truckin' roots as they play the feedback against Brent's grand piano style excerpts. Seems to drift back to a spacial backdrop before announcing truckin'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

5/14/74 The weather report dark star china doll is simply sublime.

Okay the dark star is a little scary at times too. Can scary be sublime?

Sure it can. How about 5.11.72 > Rotterdam. DS>Drumz>DS> Sugar Mags. OR 8.21.72 > BCT. DS>El Paso. Frightening but enlightening.

Archived