Now Listening...

You Are Here

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

YES! Love that album. Check out the made for TV movie from 1979 directed by John Carpenter featuring Kurt Russell as Elvis for a good biopic.

I'm surprised Ronnie Tutt didn't play on Suspicious Minds. I'm wondering if Donna Jean somehow got Jerry and Ronnie in touch. I absolutely love Ronnie Tutt with JGB.

I believe it is also the Thin White Duke's birthday. Probably gonna spin Ziggy Stardust when I get home from work.

• Forum MVP

Found, I went through a Bowie thing in High School, Ziggy being one of my favorites. I always liked his first album a lot...can't remember the name of it right now. The one with 'the man who sold the world' on it. Pretty raw sounding of Bowie.

Grateful Dead 1988-04-01 - Brendan Byrne Arena, East Rutherford, NJ.

On a personal note I sadly haven't had the time to post and respond to some interesting things you guys have been saying. School has started up and I'm writing my thesis and was, as of today, coerced into T.A.ing some math classes, but I still have time to read everyone's thoughts, and that alone brings me much joy. If I don't see any of you in Ohio and if my spring break isn't during some shows, I'll meet you at the Jubilee.

• Forum MVP

So I'm listening to Broome County 11-6-77. I'm sure some of you know it. Particularly, I am listening to scarlet begonias. I have to say wow! These guys are really fucking good. I've heard some good music lately, but nothing quite like this.

So I'm listening to Broome County 11-6-77. I'm sure some of you know it. Particularly, I am listening to scarlet begonias. I have to say wow! These guys are really fucking good. I've heard some good music lately, but nothing quite like this.

A great concert indeed, through and through. I often find myself revisiting the half step, in particular, from that show. I revisited Barton Hall yesterday after having not listened to the show for a very long time, and it reaffirmed for me why not only that show alone is so highly revered, but the year 77 itself. Show after show of mind-altering glory.

As of the moment: 01-23-1968 Eagles Auditorium, Seattle, WA. Incredible Viola Lee, and there are very good quality recordings of this show out there especially considering the early year. Oh, and I also really enjoy the cryptical envelopment into clementine, it leads you to very great places.

• Forum MVP

June 22 1976. Tower Theatre Upper Darby, Pa. I don't have the best recording but any show with crazy fingers followed by a comes a time in the first set deserves a listen. I would love to witness DSO taking a stab at this one. The 2nd set looks pretty good too with a post drums sequence of Samson > Eyes > Dancing.

That is all for now.

I suggest at some point in time, maybe on a long drive, listening to 11-4,5,6-77 in succession...It was perhaps my favorite 3 night run of music I ever witnessed...I was at that 76 Tower run as well but it sort of pales in comparison to the the fall of 77 imho...the matrix sick bits for 11-4 is the one to listen to...http://archive.org/details/gd1977-11-04.mtx.chappell.SB5.29091.flac16

We were packed like sardines on 11-5 and 11-6...I always tried to be within the first 10 rows directly in front of Garcia...His aura was big and the drugs were very good :-)

Currently listening to Legion of Mary April 8th 1975 Bottom Line, New York City, NY

Hey Rick, if you swing by Buffalo I have a SBD copy of the June 22 1976 show that I will gladly pass off to you. I don't care how many university networks I get kicked off of, I'll circumvent them until I amass as much Dead as I can.

Always tried to avoid listening to shows in succession due to too many set list repeats, but yes that three day run is phenomenal; the energy is just off the charts. As for the 76 shows I feel they provided a different element, much more laid back, which, in my opinion, worked well with certain songs producing some top-notch versions of The Wheel, Comes a Time, Crazy Fingers, High Time, and so forth.

http://archive.org/d...dpa.4023.flac24

pretty great sounding recording. This show got lost in my mental archives, but looking back it was an awesome semi-rainy dance party on the harbor.

- And yes, Teacher Matt, we drove ALL the way up there for ONE set :P

Glad to hear you were there Mango as that was my very first show. I remember the fireworks going off for the baseball game during good lovin'. Pleasant memories generously recorded; I couldn't be happier.

And currently listening to: 10-27-1979 Cape Cod Coliseum, South Yarmouth, MA. I really enjoy the Dacin'>Franklin's.

Archived