Now Listening...

You Are Here

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very cool. I'm very heavy into JGB and collected a good amount of shows. That show is a personal favorite and Ozzie Ahlers I thought was an awesome keyboardist. Sorry to stray off topic, and in response to Rick's song choice I'm currently listening to "Sitting in Limbo," 02-02-1980 The Stone, San Francisco, CA.

So for the past year i would say ive listened to nothing but 76-78 and think i have determined those my favorite dead years...just a lot of to the point music!! I:m going to move on to mid 80s n give that a good listen and compare.. my biggest bug about early 80s thru the end is the drums>space. I mean i get it but just i would rather have the 3-4 more songs. Just my thoughts..anyone agree? Disagree?

• Forum MVP

Jerry Band, 78'...has that special zing to it. try on the last show of 78 for size, november 3rd, with a great 'love in the afternoon'> I believe the band's only version of 'so what'.

On that note, I LOVE JGB from 76. I think it has a lot to do with Ron Tutt, the most on point Jerryband drummer, ever. Let's see how slow we can play these songs...

On that note, I LOVE JGB from 76. I think it has a lot to do with Ron Tutt, the most on point Jerryband drummer, ever. Let's see how slow we can play these songs...

Just discovered 3-6-76. About a week ago. As far as I know, the board isn't out. This is an amazing audience recording. I've listened to it 10 times in the last week. It's got a Russian Lullaby. You probably already knew about this show for that reason alone.

Anyway, Jerry's tone on this show will stop you in your tracks. I would advise extreme caution when attempting to multitask and listen to this show.

I can't believe that at one point, I used to think 76 sucked. Sucked is too strong of a word. It wasn't for me.

7/19/74 the WRS>Spanish Jam>Eyes will blow you away.

Blown Away.

I listened. Rather loudly.

Phil comes out and nearly shook my walls down. Geez. And this was the quiet part of Weather Report.

Things started falling off of the shelves during the "I ams". I had to turn it down a bit for a second and regroup.

Spanish Jam. Beautiful.

Eyes. As usual the ending Phil solo is always my favorite part ,and this one is interesting. It feels like Billy is trying to drop into one of the parts of organized chaos and no one else is in a hurry to get there. By the time it happens, its like they slip it past him. The last 3 minutes are good times.

Sadly I only caught the last 2 years at the Ledges but I could feel just how magical that place was. Anybody that thinks Disney World is the happiest place on earth has never been to the Ledges for Grateful fest, I loved the Jubilee but Buckeye lake aint the Ledges!

But at least we still get Disco Pizza!!

• Forum MVP

Sadly I only caught the last 2 years at the Ledges but I could feel just how magical that place was. Anybody that thinks Disney World is the happiest place on earth has never been to the Ledges for Grateful fest, I loved the Jubilee but Buckeye lake aint the Ledges!

But at least we still get Disco Pizza!!

Well said, +1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

I've seen a pigpen styled DSO lovelight and a Bobby styled DSO lovelight. Just keep showing up; you'll catch em too.

Buffalo 5/9/77 Help-slip-franks openers and a comes a time. We all love May 77 and this show is another great one and I almost instantly fall in love with any show that has a comes a time. Man, I love that song.

• Forum MVP

I almost instantly fall in love with any show that has a comes a time. Man, I love that song.

I'm with you buddy. Shows with Comes a Time makes my heart flutter as it is my favorite ballad.

To stay on topic. Suspicious Minds by Elvis Presley. Today is his birthday!

Archived