Prayers For Herdy......

Tinkerbell

Guest jazz-man

Good thing herdy went to the Doc quickly since we guys tend to rationalize things and avoid doctors and hospitals. BTW the 'bottom half" of the heart does all the 'heavy lifting' (pumping) so it's important to get this fixed up. yes, blame it on the hippie chicks at the Ledges :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I am so glad you're on the mend Brother. I guess this should be a wake up call to the rest of us, get checked out, get in shape, and pay attention to your body. In the past 11 months I've lost over 40 lbs. A year ago my blood pressure was well, VERY HIGH, last week it was 120/66. I fit into the clothes I have not worn in many many many years. I can walk up several flights of stairs and not be winded for 5 minutes. Life is better when your body works. I did this without drugs or surgery, I made a decision, that decision is that I'm going to be around to watch Aura graduate from college and I'd really like Herdy there too!!!!

Love and hugs to all, and remember to be always Grateful,

Looky

• Forum MVP

Update from CLE airport: Herdy is indeed in good spirits. He looks his normal self except for the Borg wiring he is hooked up to. Operation is on for Tuesday and it will be non-invasive. He should be able to walk out under his own power on Wednesday.

I can tell you that the hospital is great, with a noted cardiac ward. But the nurses are NOT hot.

Get well Herdy, I know it was a tough decision to go get this thing checked out at Grateful Fest, but thanks to your early response, there will be more Grateful Fests for you to enjoy! The early detection not only saved you from some terrible blow up, but also minimized the damage to your heart. Sounds like you are in good hands there in Ohio, my prayers and vibes are with you!

Peace,

Joe

((((((((((((((((((Herdy))))))))))))))))))

Guest Charles from Oregon

Be good, we will meet someday.And what looky said too. I'm drinking a beer for ya right now, it's called Drifter a widmer brothers blend, not bad. Take care, Charles

Archived