St Steven

William tell bridge

The eleven

Lovelight

From June 5th, 1969

E

Hurts me too

And we bid u good night

I'm spent. Goodnight. Clap. Clap. Goodnight.......

No foolin around here...what a great assortment of treats to have DSO share with its fans. Spooky-good shit! What's a fuckstick?

No foolin around here...what a great assortment of treats to have DSO share with its fans. Spooky-good shit! What's a fuckstick?

Holy Fucksticks- a new dso original

ok maybe not

it's what popped in my head last night as it was happening. I think I stole it a actually. I think I've seen it before and it made me laugh.

Anyway, the show was one of the best I have ever seen. Keep in mind that I have a tendency to elevate the last show I have seen. This one was special though.

The second set while short in songs was anything but. Each song was jammed out in long perfect extacy. Rob eaton was a madmen out there. I loved the tone of his guitar last night. Barraco did pigpen way proud.

I feel so lucky I saw a 69. I almost went home today as I didn't sleep well last night and I felt that, how could they top lasts show tonight? Then I realized they don't have too. Their worst show is still amazing. So I drove to Nashville today. I just got a nap in and I'm on my way to the show.

• Forum MVP

This was the motherload... The show of all shows.... I have never seen anything like this in my many years! Eaton and Jeff were having so much fun heck EVERYONE was so full of life and just all around on fire. From the stage setup you could tell it was gonna be a mindmelter then from the first note of Morning Dew it was ON! I felt I was reborn into something that only could have come out of this perfect storm called Dark Star Orchestra... I was surrounded by friends I have known most of my life and friends I will know for the rest of my life. Most everyone was dressed up and had on the biggest smiles. It was more than magic. Once in a lifetime my friends once in a lifetime... If I'm right it was the first time Doin' that Rag and He was a Friend of Mine was played by DSO they were so sweet. The jam in Rag was sick. Eaton and Jeff faceing each other rocking back and forth jumping up and down like a couple of kids on Christmas morning playing with new toys.

I have found the apex my friend... I have found the top and I can't come down!

:) :) :)

• Forum MVP

ok maybe not

If memory serves, I believe it was Ms. Lala that coined the phrase, or at least brought it into prominence on the boards...but I could be wrong. One thing I know for sure - wish I'd been in Covington. I'm pretty much psyched for the Left Coast shows...

• Forum MVP

This was the motherload... The show of all shows.... I have never seen anything like this in my many years! Eaton and Jeff were having so much fun heck EVERYONE was so full of life and just all around on fire. From the stage setup you could tell it was gonna be a mindmelter then from the first note of Morning Dew it was ON! I felt I was reborn into something that only could have come out of this perfect storm called Dark Star Orchestra... I was surrounded by friends I have known most of my life and friends I will know for the rest of my life. Most everyone was dressed up and had on the biggest smiles. It was more than magic. Once in a lifetime my friends once in a lifetime... If I'm right it was the first time Doin' that Rag and He was a Friend of Mine was played by DSO they were so sweet. The jam in Rag was sick. Eaton and Jeff faceing each other rocking back and forth jumping up and down like a couple of kids on Christmas morning playing with new toys.

I have found the apex my friend... I have found the top and I can't come down!

:) :) :)

Mike,I believe you are right with he was a friend but i seen the rag up in buffalo when they did a 69 and yes it was the best thing I've ever seen live ,musically speaking

Tommy, guess you're no longer a lurker on the boards brother :).

Come on out west.

I was just a lurker until I met you and you told me not to be a lurker!!!! I really like posting set lists when on the road as early as possible because I'm bummed when I'm at home and don't know what was played until the next day.

I probably can't make this west coast trip because of my current work schedule. Beleive me, I want to go. Especially after what I have seen in the last week.

Slight chance I could do the two San Frans or the two Solona beach's. Doubtful this time though.

• Forum MVP

Mike,I believe you are right with he was a friend but i seen the rag up in buffalo when they did a 69 and yes it was the best thing I've ever seen live ,musically speaking

The Rag was incredible, the whole night was incredible. 69' shows are fairly predictable, but there were still surprises. It seemed like the whole place just exploded when they morphed from China Cat to Sitting on top of the world and Rob did Pig proud on that monster Lovelight. Lisa was spectacular as always on Hurts me too (btw I believe this was an Elmore James song, correct me if I'm wrong) and the Bid was the best way to close a night like that. Thanks for a great time :dsorocks:

I was just listening to a DSO show this afternoon from the Europe 72 tour...Lisa kills "Hurts Me Too"!!! AMAZING...she never ceases to amaze me. So much soul...she makes the room stand still...tunnel vision style. It's almost hypnotic...especially her take on "Stir it Up"....I remember hearing her sing it in Atlanta in 2008 or so and just being stunned....breath taken away. She shines.

...And Rob B brings the tasty grease to a Good Lovin' like I've never heard out of DSO....very good stuff! DSO just keeps reinventing and evolving delightfully. Mattson sounds beautiful on "Sing Me Back Home" too...it came on at just the right time.

Thanks Vapor

:dsorocks:

Guest crazy digits

I'm getting tired of hearing about these 69 shows.....I'm doin the whole nye run so PLEASE!!!

sorry dude, you'll have to come to Vegas for one of those..

• 2 months later...
Guest stringtownlance

The show itself in this venue was sureal. It was like jumping in Mr. Peabody's WayBack Machine. This was a stellar show,got to hear songs that I never had a chance to hear back when I got on the bus. Lisa did a song called It hurts Me Too that was AWESOME. These guys just keep blowing me away.

Archived