Grateful Fest

sgrmag2564

I'll just throw out Calaveras County Fairgrounds in Angels Camp, CA. There's a conflict going on in Quincy CA for that weekend of July 1-3 but if other weekends are under consideration, this would be a nice spot. Either Calaveras of the Hog Farm in Laytonville, CA.

Ok, go ahead and call me a homer.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

tuxedo park rob,that place was great last year

That place was ok.....but I much preferred Vasa. However, with that said it has one thing that Vasa doesn't......CAMPING. DSO has a very good relationship with Eli. I would love to see them and Create A Vibe reach an agreement. There are lots of beautiful places up here.... and Eli knows how to run a top-notch festy. One thing you know for sure being its the DEADBELT..... selling tickets won't be a problem.

• Forum MVP

High Sierra Festival in California over the 4th of July is always an option.... or Las Vegas is quite nice in the middle of summer... 108 and sunny (remember it is a dry heat) .. :wacko:

And just to be clear here (since it seems folks like to stretch what some say) we (DSO booking and Management) have reached out for months in an attempt to get in touch with Evan and NLQP about having Grateful Fest this summer. We still hope that he will return calls but it really does not look good. At this point we have no choice but to entertain offer's from other places for that weekend as we still intend on playing someplace if we can. We love Evan and NLQP and hope everything is OK.....

Don't kill the messenger....

• Forum MVP

That place was ok.....but I much preferred Vasa. However, with that said it has one thing that Vasa doesn't......CAMPING. DSO has a very good relationship with Eli. I would love to see them and Create A Vibe reach an agreement. There are lots of beautiful places up here.... and Eli knows how to run a top-notch festy. One thing you know for sure being its the DEADBELT..... selling tickets won't be a problem.

What he said, across the board.

Matt, you speak truth too. Plus easy access for load in and out!

20_mule_team.jpg

Guest Lisacat

High Sierra Festival in California over the 4th of July is always an option....

well my friend I was thinking the same thing! And then Oregon Country Fair is just a few days later. I think its about time this band heads west in the summer ;-)

G FEST has been in the mid-west since its conception. It would be nice to bring the whole festival west. There just as many deadheads in the west as the mid-west and many more beautiful venues. The Rocky mtns are tough to beat in the summertime. The start of a new era.

Guest Rob Eaton

Well just when you think you know what's what Evan and our booking office have had a long chat and it looks like there might be Grateful Fest this year after all. It would be the 4th again.

• Forum MVP

Yes we must turn the team around....

but alas... I just checked my graduate school class I am taking this summer to become certified to teach AP American Government and it goes until Thursday June 30th ... and my goofball friend is getting married Saturday July 2nd....

looks like I got me some planning to do...

Wagons EAST!!

Well just when you think you know what's what Evan and our booking office have had a long chat and it looks like there might be Grateful Fest this year after all. It would be the 4th again.

Thanks so much for the update Rob!! It is so awesome that you keep your fans in the loop like this. Much appreciated and see you at Grateful Fest!!

• Forum MVP

Very good news. I was getting worried with reading the earlier posts. I am also happy that's it's gonna be on the 4th of July again. As most of us knows everything is always better at the Ledges :) :) :)

Now to start working things out. HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY

• 4 weeks later...

Archived