Need Tickets To 4/29/11 (1971) Show At Irving Plaza

Guest Steveg

Guest Steveg

Hey all,

I procastinated on buying tickets and really want to join my friends. I have been to many DSO shows and would hate to miss this legendatry performance. Pleaes email me at sgottliebtahoe@yahoo.com if you can help me out (need up to five).

Thanks,

Steve

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Steve,

I started kicking myself as soon as I saw your post. I also procrastinated in buying tickets to a show I absolutely planned on attending.

If you do not mind using a broker, you can get tickets from http://www.ticketmy.com. I bought 3 tickets for $200 including service fees and delivery. A lot to pay when I could have gotten them at face value a week ago, but that is the steep price of procrastination. I might end up with one extra if you are still in need close to the date of the show.

Good luck in getting tickets.

Jeremiah

• Forum MVP

Hi Steve,

I started kicking myself as soon as I saw your post. I also procrastinated in buying tickets to a show I absolutely planned on attending.

If you do not mind using a broker, you can get tickets from http://www.ticketmy.com. I bought 3 tickets for $200 including service fees and delivery. A lot to pay when I could have gotten them at face value a week ago, but that is the steep price of procrastination. I might end up with one extra if you are still in need close to the date of the show.

Jeremiah

How reliable is this service. I'm tired of being shut out by Ticketbastard and don't want to be burn with duplicate tickets. Knowing people who work the gates and hearing stories this occurs on a regular basis with ebay and other ticket broker services.

Guest crazy digits

I also waited too long to buy tix and now I'm thinking that i might just not go. I hear they pack this place like sardines....eh no thanks. I'll be sure to get my Princeton tix soon

not my favorite venue..

• Forum MVP

Hi Steve,

Jeremiah

I once paid 375 for two nye tickets for dso in 06...

• Advisory Board

I also waited too long to buy tix and now I'm thinking that i might just not go. I hear they pack this place like sardines....eh no thanks. I'll be sure to get my Princeton tix soon

They oversell that place WAY to much... On a funny note, the last time DSO played at Irving Plaza, well maybe the last 2 times, they were the band with the 2nd highest bar bill per the customers in the history of Irving Plaza... First was U2 back in the 80's... just thought that was a fun little fact...

I once paid 375 for two nye tickets for dso in 06...

Higher Ground... I remember walking outside right before the show started and sold 2 extra's for face value. I stood outside, smoked a ciggarette, and waited for the comotion to die down, and totally went "Trading Places" New York Stock Exchance style and sold the fuckers in 2 seconds flat... Funny as hell...

top-11-buddy-movies-trading-places.jpg

I hear they are thinking of moving show to MSG based on Ticket demand....stay tune for updates...but also buy any ticket you find...MSG will honor if they move there....just saying....Dr. V.

Is this for real?

• Forum VIP

Ok...now that the cat is out of the bag...They are thinking about moving to MSG to re-create the Nine Night run from the fall of '88 ...now the only issue is if the Garden will give them Nine Nights...the Knicks are not going anywhere, so we have a good shot....stay tuned....Dr. V

• Forum MVP

.the Knicks are not going anywhere

They had that game won last night. How they let Ray Allen get a clean look at that 3 with the game on the line is beyond me. I won't even go into the phantom offensive foul call which is hardly if ever whistled in that situation. As for Melo.....HE SUCKED!! An off balance 28 footer to try and win the game? Cmon take the ball to the hole.....and get a better shot... or draw the defense to you and dish the rock. Carmelo is a selfish player. He wanted to be the hero last night, and his 2nd half ineptitude cost the Knicks the game.That was a brutal loss...now with Billups questionable with his knee.....it appears you may be spot on Pres.

• Forum MVP

They had that game won last night. How they let Ray Allen get a clean look at that 3 with the game on the line is beyond me. I won't even go into the phantom offensive foul call which is hardly if ever whistled in that situation. As for Melo.....HE SUCKED!! An off balance 28 footer to try and win the game? Cmon take the ball to the hole.....and get a better shot... or draw the defense to you and dish the rock. Carmelo is a selfish player. He wanted to be the hero last night, and his 2nd half ineptitude cost the Knicks the game.That was a brutal loss...now with Billups questionable with his knee.....it appears you may be spot on Pres.

I have been suffering with this team since 1985. Terrible call, the foul gave no advantage to melo, but just horrendous shot selection, Amare was dominating and Melo isolated and throws up terrible shots. Get rid of Chauncey, he's a dinasour, and worse shot selection than melo...

• Forum MVP

I have been suffering with this team since 1985. Terrible call, the foul gave no advantage to melo, but just horrendous shot selection, Amare was dominating and Melo isolated and throws up terrible shots. Get rid of Chauncey, he's a dinasour, and worse shot selection than melo...

Forum Police Alert:

This belongs in the sports section.

The Knicks were never going to win that series, but yes Carmelo needs to go to the basket at the end. Terrible shot choice.

Love the Association..Melo is the Anti-Derek Rose....

Respectfully disagree on the foul call...The idiot did it right in front of the official with Knicks ahead and in position. Unforgivable. Simply can't do that. The fact he did not drive to the hole on the last possession and either take it to the rack of dish it was awful..

Melo cost them the game and any chance they had of winning this series..

D'Antoni's fault also if Amare was not the the go to guy lon the last two possessions..

Go Bulls...

• Forum MVP

Love the Association..Melo is the Anti-Derek Rose....

Respectfully disagree on the foul call...The idiot did it right in front of the official with Knicks ahead and in position. Unforgivable. Simply can't do that. The fact he did not drive to the hole on the last possession and either take it to the rack of dish it was awful..

Melo cost them the game and any chance they had of winning this series..

D'Antoni's fault also if Amare was not the the go to guy lon the last two possessions..

Go Bulls...

really, a bulls fan in the lou???

anyone but the heat...

and yes, the yankees won.

I'm a hybrid....till age 11 on east coast with season tickets to RFK Stadium (not to see the grateful dead)..then 2 years Living in Darien, Conn...grooving to post corner pizza...on to Chi-town (love for the bullys) for the duration till I chased a girl after graduating to St. Louis instead of running with the Bulls (the real ones) in Pamplona.....to bad so sad for me but no complaints...

TMI.....

Derek Rose is an Animal.....

Archived