Furthur Fall Tour 2011

stlblues

Furthur featuring: Phil Lesh * Bob Weir *

Jeff Chimenti * John Kadlecik * Joe Russo * Sunshine Becker * Jeff Pehrson will perform at the following shows:

Thursday, November 3, 2011 at the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester, NH. Doors open at 6:00 PM. Showtime is at 7:30 PM. Reserved tickets are $64.50 via mail order. Credit cards will not be accepted for this performance.

Friday, November 4, 2011 at the Cumberland County Civic Center in Portland, ME. Doors open at 5:30 PM. Showtime is at 7:00 PM. General Admission tickets are $45.00 via mail order and $50.00 via credit card.

Saturday, November 5, 2011 at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Wilkes-Barre, PA. Doors open at 5:30 PM. Showtime is at 7:00 PM. Reserved and General Admission floor tickets are $60.00 via mail order. Credit cards will not be accepted for this performance.

Sunday, November 6, 2011 at the Mullins Center in Amherst, MA. Doors open at 6:00 PM. Showtime is at 7:30 PM. Reserved tickets are $64.50 via mail order. Credit cards will not be accepted for this performance.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 at the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville, VA. Doors open at 5:30 PM. Showtime is at 7:00 PM. Reserved tickets are $64.50 via mail order. Credit cards will not be accepted for this performance.

Thursday, November 10, 2011 at Madison Square Garden in New York, NY. Doors open at 6:30 PM. Showtime is at 7:30 PM. Reserved tickets are $74.50 via mail order. Credit cards will not be accepted for this performance.

Friday, November 11, 2011 at the OnCenter in Syracuse, NY. Doors open at 5:30 PM. Showtime is at 7:00 PM. Reserved tickets are $57.00 via mail order and $62.00 via credit card.

Saturday, November 12, 2011 at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, NJ (The world's playground). Doors open at 5:30 PM. Showtime is at 7:00 PM. Reserved tickets are $66.50 via mail order and $71.50 via credit card.

Sunday, November 13, 2011 at the First Niagara Center in Buffalo, NY. Doors open at 6:00 PM. Showtime is at 7:00 PM. Reserved tickets are $64.50 via mail order and $69.50 via credit card.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 at the Bryce Jordan Center in State College, PA. Doors open at 5:30 PM. Showtime is at 7:00 PM. Reserved and General Admission tickets are $60.00 via mail order and $65.00 via credit card.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at the Jerome Schottenstein Center in Columbus, OH. Doors open at 5:30 PM. Showtime is at 7:00 PM. Reserved tickets are $54.50 via mail order and $59.50 via credit card.

Friday, November 18, 2011 at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, IL. Doors open at 6:00 PM. Showtime is 7:30 PM. Reserved tickets are $64.50 via mail order. Credit cards will not be accepted for this performance.

Saturday, November 19, 2011 at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison, WI. Doors open at 6:00 PM. Showtime is 7:30 PM. Reserved tickets are $54.50 via mail order and $59.50 via credit card.

Sunday, November 20, 2011 at the Fox Theatre in St. Louis, MO. Doors open at 6:00 PM. Showtime is 7:30 PM. Reserved tickets are $67.50 via mail order. Credit cards will not be accepted for this performance.

Monday, November 21, 2011 at the Murat Theatre @ Old National Centre in Indianapolis, IN. Doors open at 6:00 PM. Showtime is 7:30 PM. Reserved tickets are $64.50 via mail order and $69.50 via credit card.

The first mail in/send in dates for these performances are Saturday, September 10, 2011 & Monday, September 12, 2011.

The crew of GDTS TOO

September 9, 2011

"This is the season of what

Now is the time of returning

With thought jewels polished and gleaming"

Robert Hunter

• Forum MVP

Again, I'll reiterate $60.00 to for a show in a coliseum, I'd rather spend it to see a hockey game. I still prefer the intimacy of a GD experience in a small club or @ a place like the Mish or State bridge. Did the large venue scene with Jerry aboard. Now it's so nice to be able to wander up to the stage and really be a part of the music as opposed to being seated miles away from the performers. I'm sure the setlists will look good and everyone will rave about each show, so have fun those of you who can!

• 2 weeks later...

OTOH, seein' Furthur at Red Rocks just flat our rawks.

I have listened to bits and pieces of the first couple shows in Eugene and it sure seems like the band is dragging. The tempos on many songs are painstakingly slow and Weirs insistence on adding measures on intros and in between verses is getting really old and takes the wind out of the sails...In a couple of the vids Phil looks ready to pull his hair out( god bless that mans hair at his age btw)...I was pretty high on Furthur at the outset but have pretty much lost interest in seeing them...I'm wondering if this will be the last hurrah for them or if the $ is too good to pass up at this point...

• Forum MVP

I have listened to bits and pieces of the first couple shows in Eugene and it sure seems like the band is dragging. The tempos on many songs are painstakingly slow and Weirs insistence on adding measures on intros and in between verses is getting really old and takes the wind out of the sails...In a couple of the vids Phil looks ready to pull his hair out( god bless that mans hair at his age btw)...I was pretty high on Furthur at the outset but have pretty much lost interest in seeing them...I'm wondering if this will be the last hurrah for them or if the $ is too good to pass up at this point...

I did a bunch of shows on the last East Coast tour. I was pretty disappointed with the first group I saw - Jones Beach, SPAC, Holmdel, and even Raleigh where as you put it painstakingly slow. On the other hand, the Simpsonville and St. Augustine shows were smoking hot. Some of the best music I've seen to date by any band anywhere. That being said, I wish they would start firing on all cylinders sooner in the tour. I feel it takes them a while to get warmed up. I heard Atlanta was smoking too. I plan to do a bunch on the next East Coast tour, but will be catching the majority of my shows in the beginning of the tour and jumping over to DSO before the end of the tour. Hopefully, the pattern of starting slow and finishing strong doesn't continue.

• Forum MVP

I'm with you, they brought some new jgb stuff into the equation, train to cry, and catfish john, with weir at the helm. For me, it's just to hit or miss to get excited about anymore...

First off I got to say that you guys...(Steve, Jon and Ricke)...that I have huge respect for u and love seeing you all at every show I go to.....I suppose my opinion is a futile attempt to say my 2 cents regarding furthur and Im sure it gets old but I just got to speak my mind as well. I, unlike most friends, am not bought and sold on every furthur show. I've definitely got my take that isn't always so positive... However, since I was out east for a few shows last time around I got to say that SPAC was my favorite furthur show Ive seen. The stars aligned and the music sounded pristine to these ears. We listen to it often and and it still gets me every time. After my continuous raving about this show my buddy told me to listen to Jones beach which was a few nights before. He claimed the d.star>unbroken was the best he has heard furthur sound.....I got to agree....Everyone should listen...BTW...from all accounts eugene was awesome too....So anyway it seems silly to support furthur here....but our individual experiences are all that matter and I know I wont change any minds that are made up already but for those that haven't....you should decide for yourself....

• Forum MVP

First off I got to say that you guys...(Steve, Jon and Ricke)...that I have huge respect for u and love seeing you all at every show I go to.....I suppose my opinion is a futile attempt to say my 2 cents regarding furthur and Im sure it gets old but I just got to speak my mind as well. I, unlike most friends, am not bought and sold on every furthur show. I've definitely got my take that isn't always so positive... However, since I was out east for a few shows last time around I got to say that SPAC was my favorite furthur show Ive seen. The stars aligned and the music sounded pristine to these ears. We listen to it often and and it still gets me every time. After my continuous raving about this show my buddy told me to listen to Jones beach which was a few nights before. He claimed the d.star>unbroken was the best he has heard furthur sound.....I got to agree....Everyone should listen...BTW...from all accounts eugene was awesome too....So anyway it seems silly to support furthur here....but our individual experiences are all that matter and I know I wont change any minds that are made up already but for those that haven't....you should decide for yourself....

Thanks TY, well said.

My thoughts on furthur are always mixed, as I have yet to see a complete show that blew me away. I keep going as I always have moments...

I am glad furthur happened.

• Forum MVP

Wow...looking at that tour, didn't see any multiple nights anywhere.

That can't be a good sign.

BTW...I have some buddies who saw Eguene and seemed to really like the first two nights.

True, no multiple night runs. More wear and tear on Phil...More west coast dates in 12, or none at all...

Ty...always nice to hear your thoughts and I hope you are well! I too have been all over the map with Furthur...I love that people are getting off on it...I'll give that Jones Beach a listen as I have heard good things about that show. I certainly am and always will be about what makes/helps people get off on any music and in that vein I really look forward to seeing you somewhere down the road...This week maybe? Namaste~

• Forum MVP

I'm 110% on the DSO train, but I also think it's okay to make positive/supportive comments around here about Furthur....

I made it down for the Eugene shows and had a blast......Definitely didn't feel the music in sync with itself or myself at all moments but had more than enough peaks throughout the three shows to make it well worth the trip....of course it was also just a complete blast hanging with old friends, being in Eugene, and grooving on the Oregon vibe, dancing my bootie off, etc....and it didn't rain at the shows this year so it was great to be outdoors (even though the rain was kinda fun last year since it was so warm...)

I'm not able to make it out much to catch live music, and since DSO has been getting in the mode of coming to the NW just once a year(I miss the October shows up here!!!!!),,,I was very thankful to have the opportunity to get down to the Cuthbert.....

Musically speaking I found Saturday night was overall a good groove with many tasty peaks and valleys, and that pieces of 1st set Sunday and all of the second set (Sunday) really broke through the veil muscially/psychically....felt really good...

It's all so subjective....

I guess in my ideal world, I would still catch Furthur once a year and DSO at least 3 times a year (for 3-4 nights each time)....well, once a MONTH for DSO would be really ideal!!! I'm impressed and inspired that many folks around here are able to get so many shows in,,,,

Looking like I've got a long 6 month wait for the next DSO shows ahead of me....ouch,,,

My 2 cents worth.... ;)

• Forum MVP

I keep getting very uneven results with Furthur. There are flashes of them 'breaking on through to the other side' but it seems to sometimes dissolve into a disjointed groove. I will say this, a year ago JK didn't seem to want to rush in to save a tune that was breaking apart. Fast forward to this summer and there were quite a few times where he and Russo swooped right in and saved their collective bacon.

I want to love them, instead I just kinda like them. That's ok with me.

For my money: :dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

I never mean to seem so down on it and u know it comes off that way sometimes. I def wouldn't keep coming back if I wasn't enjoying myself at every show. All the shows have there moments for me and my opinion isn't always fully shaped by just the music. The dark star unbroken chain at Jones beach was sublime. I just didn't like where I ended up dancing, where all the dancers were, was way up top and the sound was muffled. At spac I got drunk in the lot before the show and didn't have my balance til 2nd set. My opinion on that show is probably mute.

Well weirdly enough that makes me want to pass on seeing DSO. Its real unfortunate and strange... and super childish but shit...I can't deal.

Don't let it bring you down...it's only castles burning...find someone who's turning and you will come around :) I once had a wise teacher who said "taking offense is as detrimental as being offensive"...

now now now.....

the post was stupid and immature

but

I'm pretty sure it was meant to stir the pot and see sparks fly

and does not reflect the real feelings of said poster.

Don't let other people's opinions about one band change your opinion of another. Thats just silly ;-) *(and we already talked about being silly today, right?)

I like dso because they play good dead music...if the general vibe of their "core" audience is as is it has been for oh maybe the last 7 years...then fuck it...it sucks...I want Grateful Dead in my life...not a bunch of BS...Im over this shit... UNGRATEFUL people....

Archived