Dso Stage Arrangements

TJed

I've been trying to compile a definitive list of the various stage set-ups that DSO employs to

create/re-create their shows.

i.e. how many drummers, how many mikes for singing, what side of

the stage Rob Baracco is on and what keyboards he has, etc, etc.

Here's my first draft, with a few errors and I think I'm confusing

stage left and stage right and the exact years:

Original Setlist shows: 2 drummers, 3-4 mikes, Baracco on stage left with the electric keyboard and organ

80s-90s: 2 drummers, 2 mikes, Baracco on stage left with the keyboard and organ

75-79: 2 drummers, 3 mikes, Baraccco on stage left with just the electric keyboards

72-74: 1 drummer, 3 mikes, where's Baracco and what's he playing?

60s: 2 drummers, 3 mikes (one for Phil?) and where's Baracco and what's he playing?

Has anyone out there compiled this list?

Bonus points for which guitar Eaton plays and which speaker set-up is used!

• Forum MVP

I saw a DSO show several years ago that Scott had keyboards set up on stage right. When asked about it he replied that it was a very rare stage arangement. I think it was really because it was a very small stage and no where else to set his B3. I'm not sure but that might have been in Nashville.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Advisory Board

Original Setlist shows: 2 drummers, 3-4 mikes, Baracco on stage left with the electric keyboard and organ

80s-90s: 2 drummers (Big 3 on stage for 80's), 2 mikes, Baracco on stage left with the keyboard and organ

75-79: 2 drummers, 3 mikes, Baraccco on stage left with just the electric keyboards

72-74: 1 drummer, 3 mikes, where's Baracco and what's he playing? Barraco is playin' his Electric Keyboard, Keith never played the organ with the Dead

60s: 2 drummers, 3 mikes (one for Phil?) and where's Baracco and what's he playing? Hammond B3 - sweetest sound ever - Pigpen was an organ guy

I have often wondered about this, thanks for the enlightenment. I can usually get the era by looking at the stage arrangement. I used to really look forward to early 70's, probably because they played an early 70's the first time I saw them. Lately, I only give it a quick glance, because all the shows I have been to are smokin' and it doesn't matter what era it is!!!!

Peace,

Joe

Archived