Tebow

bs69

• Forum MVP

Wonder if he's praying for a new team. Damn if Elway didn't drop him like a hot potato.

He has a few teams interested in him ... Jets being one of them ... I'm interested to see what happens with Tim Tebow and I hope all goes well for him , I think it will !!!

• Forum MVP

Agreed, Mike. All good luck to Manning in Denver. Hopefully that will be a good match for $95,000,000.00 or so, and it will be interesting to see if Tebow walks in Namath's footsteps (interesting notion) or goes back to his FL roots. Like you say, I bet he does fine and has a great career ahead of him.

• Forum MVP

As a lifelong Jets fan, I hate this move. The only good it does is provide Sanchez, who just got a ridiculous extension so it's not like he's gong anywhere, with some competition for the starting job, not that Tebow would be a long term solution at the QB position. And it gives the team room to run a couple wildcat plays. Not worth it IMO. I think the GM brought him in to sell more tickets and jerseys. Makes sense financially but makes no fucking sense on the football field. This offseason has been piss poor for the jets. Time for another season of shame.

• Forum MVP

I bet this deal will never happen...

After a disagreement between the Jets and the Broncos on who was responsible for paying Tebow the 5 million he was owed, it looked like as Rob said the deal was going to fall through. However, they have decided to split the money owed down the middle. Tim Tebow is in fact a New York Jet.

I don't think this is a wise move for the Jets. Sanchez is coming off a bad year, although he just signed a 3 year extension. His confidence which was never a question in his first 2 years, has had to have taken a severe dip. The 1st time he throws a pick 6, New Yorkers as fickle and as "what have you done for me lately" as they are, will be clammering for Tebow to play. They did it in Denver, can you imagine the magnitude of it here in New York? Cromartie has already tweeted his displeasure, and more will probably follow. I just don't see how you can do that to Sanchez after he brought the Jets to consectutive AFC Championship games, ground and pound or not. He got them there.

Sports radio here has been blowing up with Jet fans saying they can't stand the move, and don't want him. In my opinion this is aquisition all about selling tickets and merch. Tim Tebow will not help the Jets on the football field. The Jets can't sell tickets, look at their site there are tix available in all levels. Guess what? Tebow will sell those tickets and people will buy his Jersey. It's about the money!! Ok so maybe you put a wildcat package in for him or some other gimmick plays 6 or so times a game. The fact is HE CAN'T THROW! No other team was willing to give up what the Jets did for him. For gosh sakes even Jacksonville didn't go after him hard, and he grew up there, and played for the Gators. Additionally the argument of how Tebow is going to improve that horrible lockeroom over there is a bunch of bullshit. Do you honestly think he's going to change Cromartie and Holmes? Give me a break. It's all about MONEY GREEN.

I used to think the circus came to town around the Thankgiving Holiday, now the circus is going to be in town during the whole football season. The Jets continue to chase their tail around, and the Giants for that matter. What a joke.

• Forum MVP

Amazing people in Jet land are saying the same thing about Tebow, that I said about Sanchez. As an outsider looking in, what the Jets needed to do was get a QB in the draft and bring him along for the next two years. They could also use a new coach.

• Forum MVP

I wonder if the NY fanbase is going to be resonable and not want to throw out that 'Sanchez Bum' when he throws his 1st pick-six. I just re-read my post and........... :rofl:

Which will happen first?

1) Rex Ryan gets the axe

2) Sanchez demands to be released from his contract

3) The Jets make the playoffs with Sanchez at the helm

4) Guess your own 'first'

My guess?

rex-ryan-middle-finger-pic_medium.jpg

Rex gets the boot and shows everyone what he thinks of the decision.

I have nothing at all against Tebow. Without meaning to do so, his presence will create a circus that will not be stopped. This phenomena will sell jerseys and put butts in the seats - I am just not sure it's going to translate to wins. All of that said, Tebow has been a winner on every level.

• Forum MVP

lots of good choices there TfT :huh: , I just don't know which one to pick ... :lol:

I think its all going to work out and be a good season , maybe even a really good season ... and if I'm wrong , wtf do I know anyway :headbang: ...

• Forum MVP

What makes you think that Tebow would associate with Heathens like Deadheads and Starheads? :)

I was reminded recently by a fellow Deadhead/Starhead that we are righteous people , and we are !!! Tebow would hang with us for that reason alone !!! :)

and he might also want to hang with us because - :dsorocks: !!!

• 1 month later...

Archived