Tebow

bs69

Or finally they figured out how to run an offense around a QB with his particular skill set. They're playing a college game....and looking pretty good at it. 5 and 5.....looking forward to a playoff run.

Ya know faith...no matter what particular avenue it may blow down and be received can be potent...and this guy is doing all right...He's winning me over and winning games as well :)

I like Tebow, but credit should go to the Denver defense. Keeping the games close lets Tebow do his thing. If they ever fall behind and have to pass, Denver's horse is cooked. BTW, I'm a Raider fan, and I just can't bring myself to cheer for Denver, no matter how much I like Tebow...lol

• 2 weeks later...

I am starting to think there may be some divine intervention going on here.

Spare me with the divine intervention. The actually play a decent team the next two weeks. Minnesota, great against the run . And the Bears on 12/11. They will mangle him when he runs. Then all the accolades will subside. GO PACK GO!!!

• Forum MVP

I like Tebow, but credit should go to the Denver defense. Keeping the games close lets Tebow do his thing. If they ever fall behind and have to pass, Denver's horse is cooked. BTW, I'm a Raider fan, and I just can't bring myself to cheer for Denver, no matter how much I like Tebow...lol

+1

• Forum MVP

After reading and hearing all the negative reviews of Tebow, this was the first full game that I've seen. He was solid today and the victory speaks to that. He's not Elway but who is. And the return to the glory days are stil a few draft picks away.

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

A blow-out by the Pats and Tebow is pulled by half time.

Maybe. My money, if I had any, would be on the Pats, much as I hate them. But the "316" stats against the Steelers were pretty cool. And what a way to inaugurate the new sudden death overtime rule.

I live outside of Denver. Selling #15 jerseys with Jesus on it. PLEASE NO PUBLIC PIETY!!! The infidels (Pats) will bring down Timmy the Broncohearted , + his crusade. GO PACK GO !!!

Maybe. My money, if I had any, would be on the Pats, much as I hate them. But the "316" stats against the Steelers were pretty cool. And what a way to inaugurate the new sudden death overtime rule.

What's up with that?They want to give both teams a chance to have the ball, unless the offense, or defense scores a touchdown on the opening drive. Pretty lame. 53% of the teams that win the coin toss in overtime wins. Sounds pretty even to me. The new overtime rule sucks!!!

I am starting to think there may be some divine intervention going on here.

Really?.....I didn't know God watched football.

• Forum MVP

God used to be a baseball fan. I think there can be no dispute of that. Then the Dodger blue went west and the country has been in a bucket ride to hell ever since. My guess is that He still has a soft spot for the good clean Midwestern values of the Cards. Beyond that, maybe He is into girls Olympic beach volleyball.

• Forum MVP

I think he needs to pray a little harder for mercy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Patriots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(come on, my daughter lives in Boston!!)

yup , not lookin too good , better get down on that knee !!!

• Forum MVP

I think Tebow created an interesting season for the Bronco's ... I certainly enjoyed watching him play and of course I enjoyed watching the sports media fumble and back pedal with their words as they tried to figure him out while he was winning games ... now lets see what the GIANTS can do today ...

I think Tebow created an interesting season for the Bronco's ...

Should be next season, It took them out out contention to get a quarterback in the draft.

Did anybody notice Elway, when the TV would panning on him, it looked like his nuts were in a vise and each time T did something the vise got a little tighter. His team is winning and no smile. Like "Shit now I am going to have to stick with T." Anyhow that's how I saw it.

From a Beantown Blog

In retrospect, nobody should be at all surprised by the result of the Patriots/Broncos game on Saturday. It’s very easy to explain really: Denver wasn’t actually any good this year. They were an 8-8 team that got outscored by 81 points on the season, and made the playoffs through an obscure technicality in a 3-way tiebreaker. And SEVEN of those eight wins we’re of the fluke/lucky/coincidence variety (they won 6 games by 4 points or less, and one by a touchdown in which their quarterback had only 2 completions). The Broncos were a team that could have been 1-15, probably should have been 5-11 or 6-10, and we’re led by a guy who had easily some of the worst numbers of any NFL quarterback. Denver’s offense was so bad that the much maligned New England defense allowed a season low252 yards on Saturday (including a league-wide season high 14 plays for negative yardage). And as I’ve said before, post season numbers don’t count towards a player’s career statistics; but #15′s dismal 9 for 26 performance would have sent the Tebometer plummeting.(Quarterback Rating 52.7)

By now I’m sure you’ve heard all about just how amazing the Pat’s offense was in this game. But here’s a few obscure stats that flew under the radar:

- New England ran 64 plays total, but had only 6 third downs in the entire game.

- Part of the reason for this is that they had a whopping 509 yards of offense, an average of 7.95 yards per play.

- By comparison the Broncos had 252 yards on 72 plays, an average of just 3.5 yards.

- All of this helps to explain how the Patriots absolutely dominated the game, despite trailing in “time of possession” 33:23 to 26:37. That is something you rarely see.

• 2 months later...

Archived