D S O West Coast Tour

comesatime

The "cosmic" canyon club show in 07 was one of my favorite DSO shows ever. I love that venue. Super relaxed..Jasiah crashed out on the stage for a minute before we put him to bed on a couch in a area beside the stage. It was a really great show too...But as you all know a good venue brings the show to life.

well good then. You should go back - it will be my 30th birthday bash (ok, solana is actually the big day, but I think that since i'm turning 30, I get two nights).

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

it will be my 30th birthday bash (ok, solana is actually the big day, but I think that since i'm turning 30, I get two nights).

your 30 B-Day spent in SoCal w/ 2 nights of DSO and like minded deadheads/starheads ... sounds like a kick ass birthday party , Lisa ... I'll be there to celebrate with ya !!!

:580::dsorocks:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

I have purchased tickets for the entire tour. Pretty darn excited! Just gotta get one more root canal and a crown and I'm outa here!

ah to be 26 again ..... enjoy....

I myself with a variety of other events, dates, responsibilities, and other trips will only be able to make the Agoura Hills and Phoenix shows ... but I am at peace and those are enough for me this go around... plus I just am done with seeing shows indoors when venues are packed .... leave that to you youngsters ....

Guest L~Cat

ah to be 26 again ..... enjoy....

I myself with a variety of other events, dates, responsibilities, and other trips will only be able to make the Agoura Hills and Phoenix shows ... but I am at peace and those are enough for me this go around... plus I just am done with seeing shows indoors when venues are packed .... leave that to you youngsters ....

I don't think its a matter of age, I just think its just what you choose to do with your time.....and money. Plenty of people your age on tour.....

Guest L~Cat

Success is a choice...that's what my 9th grade biology taught me:) not saying you aren't successful, Matt. One man's success is another's failure.

agreed.... for me, I bust my butt at work and I have a pretty heavy duty job with big time responsibilities.....

thats why I don't think it has anything to do with age. I don't consider myself a "youngster" I have just as much responsibility as anyone 30 years older than me around here. The only thing I don't have which allows me a bit of flexibility in doing what I want to do is a family/kids....

When I lived on the east coast, I had a plethora of shows in my backyard year round. Now that I live here, I like to make hay when the sun shines. I have plenty of other interests, activities, and scenes, (can't say I go on many dates) but I choose to carve out time for dso when they are here.....

There may come a day when I choose not to do that, but by golly, it ain't going to be because of my age!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

L Cat I can't wait to celebrate your birthday with you and Mango holy crap I can't believe I'm gonna get to see you FINALLY and DSO YOU ARE ALMOST HERE and I and beside myself with excitement.... I haven't posted a lot lately cause adjusting to a new life on the opposite coast takes a moment and I haven't seen enough music and now that I have finally settled into my routine (oh my goodness you guys, spinning fur off of bunnies to knit is damn priceless! lol) I am

READY TO COME DANCE AND DANCE AND DANCE AND DANCE AND DANCE AND DANCE AND DANCE

and get to bring my girl to her first DSO show EVER and take my man to see together the band that brought us together though we haven't seen em together yet is gonna be epic.

we are trying to start in portland, will def be in arcata and as many after that as possible, depending on how good I am at getting my girl all excited about it.... that doesn't sound hard... I'm ready. Are you ready, DSO? Cause it's been mighty long time and I think I might be beaming holes through the roof in unabashed glee at seeing you guys again FINALLY.

LOVE love LOVE and see you all soon soon soon!!!!!!!!!! YIPPIE!

• Forum MVP

L Cat I can't wait to celebrate your birthday with you and Mango holy crap I can't believe I'm gonna get to see you FINALLY and DSO YOU ARE ALMOST HERE and I and beside myself with excitement.... I haven't posted a lot lately cause adjusting to a new life on the opposite coast takes a moment and I haven't seen enough music and now that I have finally settled into my routine (oh my goodness you guys, spinning fur off of bunnies to knit is damn priceless! lol) I am

READY TO COME DANCE AND DANCE AND DANCE AND DANCE AND DANCE AND DANCE AND DANCE

and get to bring my girl to her first DSO show EVER and take my man to see together the band that brought us together though we haven't seen em together yet is gonna be epic.

we are trying to start in portland, will def be in arcata and as many after that as possible, depending on how good I am at getting my girl all excited about it.... that doesn't sound hard... I'm ready. Are you ready, DSO? Cause it's been mighty long time and I think I might be beaming holes through the roof in unabashed glee at seeing you guys again FINALLY.

LOVE love LOVE and see you all soon soon soon!!!!!!!!!! YIPPIE!

I think I speak for everyone when I say how excited we are to be coming back to the west! The band has been laying it down of late especially the shows we just played in Europe. We will be sporting our brand new front of house console(mixer) that is exactly what The Grateful Dead used for many years.

Cotter Michaels, our front of house engineer, is excited beyond!! See you all soon!! RB

Guest L~Cat

I think I speak for everyone when I say how excited we are to be coming back to the west! The band has been laying it down of late especially the shows we just played in Europe. We will be sporting our brand new front of house console(mixer) that is exactly what The Grateful Dead used for many years.

Cotter Michaels, our front of house engineer, is excited beyond!! See you all soon!! RB

We're ready!!! Pack your warm rain gear. We had spring in winter and now have winter in spring.

im afraid im going to be leaving better weather in chicago when i head out west! we got no winter and its been like 80 and hot out here already. global warming....

but i AM excited that i dont have to put my leg warmers in storage yet ;)

Guest L~Cat

checkin out the forecast....

so far we've got

Seattle- both days, Rain 50/43

Portland- Rain, 49/42

Eugene- Showers 51/38

Arcata- day off and show day, Showers 50/40

SF- day off showers 59/48

I think its safe to say that Dark Cloud Orchestra is making an appearance after not checking into the last tour.

nothin left to do!

• Forum MVP

checkin out the forecast....

so far we've got

Seattle- both days, Rain 50/43

Portland- Rain, 49/42

Eugene- Showers 51/38

Arcata- day off and show day, Showers 50/40

SF- day off showers 59/48

I think its safe to say that Dark Cloud Orchestra is making an appearance after not checking into the last tour.

nothin left to do!

At least they are indoor shows!!! No dark clouds inside!!!! RB

• Forum MVP

Given all the reviews of the music so far this year, I get the sense we will be blasted with rather bright and warm sunshine once the music starts...

And besides, as far as the outdoor temp.s go---for some of us tucked away up in the NW corner, 50 is pretty darn pleasant after a long winter!

Bring on Dark Cloud Orcestra and pour it on thick

Guest L~Cat

Bring on Dark Cloud Orcestra and pour it on thick

oh I think they are!!!!

REI dividends and 20% off coupon couldn't have come at a better time. got my replacement rain jacket.

and funny enough- this report is from my old dear friend's brother.....so if its wrong, I know where to go!

No Sign of Sunshine. Pac NW Stays Wet, Cool

by Tim Ballisty, weather.com Meteorologist

Updated: March 26, 2012 2:00 pm ET

west_453.jpg

Play Video

Video: West Forecast

Chicago was basking in 81-degree weather. You (Seattle) were chillin' at 41. (March 18)

Burlington, Vermont was enjoying sunshing and temps in the lower 80s. You were putting a hat and gloves on and hold onto an umbrella. (March 20-22)

Residents of Toronto were enjoying cocktails at an outdoor cafe as temps soared to 26 degrees Celsius (79 degrees F). You were sipping coffee indoors watching the chilly rain fall with a high barely reaching 50 degrees. (March 22)

So much of the United States and the southern Prairies/southeast Canada were in the midst of a March heatwave, the great people of the Pacific Northwest had to be jealous.

It has been a cold and soggy month of March in the land of Twilight (Forks, Wash.); one of the few regions that will likely finish the month below average with respect to average temperatures. Day in and day out, highs west of the Cascades along the Northwest I-5 corridor ranged between 40 and 60 degrees.

In fact, the average high during the month of March through the 25 for some of the major cities of the region are as follows:

Seattle: 48.5 degrees F

Olympia, WA: 49.2

Portland: 51.4

Quillayute, WA: 48

Eugene, OR: 50.9

Salem, OR: 50.3

Mean Temperature Anomaly - March 2012 march-mean-temp-anomaly.jpg

This map shows the mean temperature anomaly across the United States Lower 48. The central and eastern U.S. have enjoy temperatures of 10 to 15 degrees or more above average (brown) while parts of the West Coast have stayed cool with below average temperatures from Washington to Arizona.�

Image Credit: cpc.ncep.noaa.gov

The Pacific storm track has been squarely aimed at the region. A seemingly continuous fetch of moisture as storm after storm moves into the Washington, Oregon and northwest California. Check out the archive jet stream maps from the month of March and take note of its position.

See: West IR Satellite Imagery

That will not change this week unfortunately. The miserable weather will remain in a holding pattern. There is no let up in sight; at least through Saturday.

A parade of storms will spin into the region this week bringing inches of rain and feet of snow for the mountains.

Northwest Radar us_nw_9regradar_plus_usen.jpg

Northwest Radar

Animate

Five-day rain totals will likely range between 2 to 5 inches across western Washington, western Oregon and northwest California. As of this writing, the heaviest rain will be found over far northwest California and southwest Oregon where rain totals could exceed 6 inches.

See: Weekly Planner Maps

With the heavy rains scattered about the next several days, major flooding is not anticipated at this time.� Still, the various rivers across the region will have to be closely monitored. Debris flows and/or rockslides are not out of the question.

No major warm up is in the forecast either as temperatuers will hold steady in the 40s and 50s throughout the week along the Northwest I-5 corridor.

The stormy pattern will likely continue through the weekend with a lull in the action finally arriving some time next week."

Archived