The Pageant > St. Louis

Tea

• Forum MVP

Ive been looking daily at archive.org for this show, but its not up yet. I thought I saw a couple tapers, but my recollection is a little fuzzy. Does anyone know if this show is up anywhere yet?

Great clips from the show thanks. I made it for the Second Set and even though I prefer recreations, it was smoking. As an STL guy I would have prefered Around and Around or Promised Land to honor Charles Berry..

But you won't hear me complaining...and every keyboard player that comes through this town and covers this tune who knows anything about rock and roll know they can't let the spirit of Johnnie Johnson down by just going through the motions on this tune..

Rob knows....and he tore it up....

I agree.

Heres what Bob Weir had to say the last time Ratdog played here. Its at the end of Franklins Tower. Something bout this being Johnnie Johnsons city and having to pay tribute. Take a listen. How about the Weir show at Mississippi Nights(no longer there) with Johnnie. This is one of the best Ratdog shows Ever. The setlist is phenom. The two local guys Stuart on the horn and Jim on sax. You could tell Weir was into the horn section. Seemed like they played about half the show with the band. Just made the night. The energy was crazy in that place.

http://www.archive.o...2008-03-24.shnf

http://ratdoglive.in...prod=48366&i==

Might just be one of those things where you have to live here to understand. Its St Louis. I love it. Grateful Dead has had a lot of history with St Louis over the years from the 60's on. Tour manager from Belleville Ill, Head Chef from St Louis, Bob Heil Sound, Belleville, Ill. Sarno Music, St Louis, Tracy Lowe, St Louis. Fox Theatre Sound System. One of the first full theatre sound systems in "Merica that caught the eye of Jerry. The history is there. Rob and Dino, St Louis. JakesLeg band here for 36 years. Schwag for over 20. You couldnt live in a better city if you were into Dead music.

Seems like evertime theres a big Dead related show here its turns out to be somewhat historical. No matter if its the Dead, Further or cover bands.

Muddy - you preach from the mountain top about no DSO in St. Louis ....

and you only made it to the second set ?? .... :unsure:

LOL it certainly was not a lack of desire...Had to take my Girlfriend out to dinner to get full clearance from Air Traffic Control to enjoy the show on my own if you know what I mean and the service was way to slow..The irony is my friend texted me about the Cassidy>Deal closer and Lisa was on stage...so I'm thinking 78...no way would they close an elective first set with that combo..Then Stranger to open the second....asked and answered your honor....

With respect to Johnnie Johnson, among the top 3 shows I have ever seen Bobby play either in the Grateful Dead, The Dead, Kingfish, Ratdog or Furthur was his first time back to the Pagaent after Johnny died I think it was the summer time..Look that one up..incredible show..Scorching version of Tanqueray....absolutely stunning.....With Johnny's horn guys as well...

June 10, 2005 to be exact. A fantastic show....this whole show was a heart felt love note and tribute to Johnny.....It was swingin in a big way...

Disc 1;

• Tomorrow Never Knows >
  • Mississippi Half-Step >
  • Wrong Way Feelin' >
  • Tennessee Jed
  • Even So >
  • October Queen
  • Wang Dang Doodle

Disc 2;

• Lost Sailor >
  • Saint of Circumstance
  • Good Morning Little Schoolgirl
  • Althea
  • Tanqueray
  • Little Red Rooster
  • Dark Star

Disc 3;

• ABC Jam
  • Sugaree
  • Throwing Stones
  • Lazy River Road
  • Johnny B. Goode

Musicians

• Bob Weir - guitar, vocals
  • Jay Lane - drums, vocals
  • Jeff Chimenti - keyboards
  • Mark Karan - guitar
  • Kenny Brooks - saxophone
  • Robin Sylvester - bass
  • Jim Rossi - trumpet
  • Stuart Williams - saxophone
  • Richard Hunt - drums
  • Russ Thorn - bass

I agree.

Heres what Bob Weir had to say the last time Ratdog played here. Its at the end of Franklins Tower. Something bout this being Johnnie Johnsons city and having to pay tribute. Take a listen. How about the Weir show at Mississippi Nights(no longer there) with Johnnie. This is one of the best Ratdog shows Ever. The setlist is phenom. The two local guys Stuart on the horn and Jim on sax. You could tell Weir was into the horn section. Seemed like they played about half the show with the band. Just made the night. The energy was crazy in that place.

http://www.archive.o...2008-03-24.shnf

http://ratdoglive.in...prod=48366&i==

Might just be one of those things where you have to live here to understand. Its St Louis. I love it. Grateful Dead has had a lot of history with St Louis over the years from the 60's on. Tour manager from Belleville Ill, Head Chef from St Louis, Bob Heil Sound, Belleville, Ill. Sarno Music, St Louis, Tracy Lowe, St Louis. Fox Theatre Sound System. One of the first full theatre sound systems in "Merica that caught the eye of Jerry. The history is there. Rob and Dino, St Louis. JakesLeg band here for 36 years. Schwag for over 20. You couldnt live in a better city if you were into Dead music.

Seems like evertime theres a big Dead related show here its turns out to be somewhat historical. No matter if its the Dead, Further or cover bands.

I got drenched with a beer from behind when Bobby started playing Johnny B. Goode in honor of Johnnie Johnson. Some ppl were pissed-off that Bobby played JBG for the encore. I saw beer bottles getting thrown from the balcony towards the stage. That was a pretty pathetic crowd that night. Many ppl from out-of-town who just don't get it. The show rocked, however. I liked it so much, I purchased the official soundboard recording from Ratdog Live! after the show.

I will also add that St. Louis has one of the best radio stations in the country that caters to the Grateful Dead vibe. I've been getting a GD fix from KDHX 88.1 FM St. Louis since 1995. "Deader than Ever" has been on the air for almost 20 years. Jim Bruce is a most knowledgeable Deadhead. Also, Drea Stein from "The Other One" on KDHX is the hippest hippie chick in St. Louis! She knows more about music, past and present, than any chick I've ever met. I can't tell you how many different bands Drea has turned me onto over the past 15 years. Ooops, I can't leave out James Mullins from "Stumble In The Dark." James has also turned me onto many bands over the years. All three shows I've mentioned on KDHX have a Grateful Dead vibe. Here's a link to the program schedule on KDHX: http://kdhx.org/radi...s-and-playlists

June 10, 2005 to be exact. A fantastic show....this whole show was a heart felt love note and tribute to Johnny.....It was swingin in a big way...

Disc 1;

• Tomorrow Never Knows >
  • Mississippi Half-Step >
  • Wrong Way Feelin' >
  • Tennessee Jed
  • Even So >
  • October Queen
  • Wang Dang Doodle

Disc 2;

• Lost Sailor >
  • Saint of Circumstance
  • Good Morning Little Schoolgirl
  • Althea
  • Tanqueray
  • Little Red Rooster
  • Dark Star

Disc 3;

• ABC Jam
  • Sugaree
  • Throwing Stones
  • Lazy River Road
  • Johnny B. Goode

Musicians

• Bob Weir - guitar, vocals
  • Jay Lane - drums, vocals
  • Jeff Chimenti - keyboards
  • Mark Karan - guitar
  • Kenny Brooks - saxophone
  • Robin Sylvester - bass
  • Jim Rossi - trumpet
  • Stuart Williams - saxophone
  • Richard Hunt - drums
  • Russ Thorn - bass

I attended Johnnie Johnson's wake in April 2005. I greeted Bob Weir outside the church in North St. Louis City. Jay Lane and Jeff Chimenti also accompanied Bobby to the wake. We sat in the same pew together. The wake was a major jam session with over a dozen bands from St. Louis, plus other bands from around the country, along with individual musicians, paying tribute to Johnnie. The jam session at the church lasted about 10 hours. Billy Peek performed the most amazing Johnny B. Goode I've ever heard in my life!!! Bob, Jay & Jeff performed Johnnie's favorite song, Little Red Rooster. They also played a couple other songs that I can't recall. I do remember during Bobby's set...Mae Wheeler (St. Louis female blues legend) shouting out to Bobby to play something a little more up-tempo. Yeah, I would say Ratdog performed a very slow set, compared to the other bands who were just throwing down. I don't think I will ever experience a wake like Johnnie's again in my life time. Unbelievable!!!

• Advisory Board

Stellar show. Great vids too! Love me some Johnny B. Goode any day of the week. This ones for you Herdy!

http://www.archive.o...s/dso2010-07-02

Ahh yes.. I believe I was in the hospital when they "dead"icated that tune to me... as always, many thanks for the shout out..

Archived