The Pageant > St. Louis

Tea

• Forum MVP

Set list from DSO page, I was not there...

One: New Minglewood Blues ; Might As Well ; Passenger ; Blow Away ; Waiting For A Miracle ; Memphis Blues ; Mister Charlie ; To Lay Me Down ; Cassidy > Deal

Two: Feel Like A Stranger ; Believe It Or Not ; Let It Grow > Saint Stephen > The Eleven > Drums > Space > Scarlet Begonias > Not Fade Away > World To Give > Going Down The Road Feeling Bad > Not Fade Away

Encore: Johnny B. Goode

Word from a friend is that it was very good

Awesome show!!! I had the feeling we were going to get an original setlist. St. Louis was due for one.

I stayed sober last night and was able to score a great spot in the pit close to the stage. I was fun dancing with the under 21 crowd.

Song highlights for me were:

Blow Away

Waiting For A Miracle

Memphis Blues

To Lay Me Down

Believe It Or Not

Saint Stephen (w/William Tell bridge) >

The Eleven >

Drums >

Space

If I Had The World To Give

got to give Mr. Chuck Berry his St. Louis due with Johnny B. Goode ....

nice job .... Eaton always does his homework ... those are the kind of students that keep teachers teaching .... hehe

Yeah, second Johnny B. Goode encore in St. Louis in less than three months. Furthur played JBG for their encore at the Fox Theatre in November. Furthur had "Gloria" written in on their setlist for the encore, but Phil changed it up at the last minute. http://www.furthur.net/tour?task=details&gigcal_gigs_id=120

They were rockin last night. They kept the tempo high. The afterparty with Stonesugar Shakedown was good too. It was cool seeing the band hangin out until 2 in the bar watching Stonesugar. Great atmosphere all night. DSO tends to bring it big when they come to St Louie. The drum solo stuff was good with Rob bangin on those huge drums.

Guest crazy digits

setlist was well thought out...incredible...one I wished I had been at...waiting for a miracle, WTG...really the whole entire gig...off to St John USVI to visit sister before work starts in March..

• Forum MVP

Awesome long show. Started on time at 8 and finished at 11:45. Unbelievable Let it Grow jam with a 60 second drum solo, then the Not Fade Away teaser before going back to let it grow. Was front row on the rail as no one seemed to want to go to the pit early in the show---very weird, but great for me!

After the show was over got to hang out with Rob Baracco at The Eclipse. Was a great cap to a great night!

Can't wait until this show is available for download!!!!

• Forum MVP

That is everything I want in a set (almost.) what more could you ask for? Terrapin or dark star and perhaps an omission of the Johnny b Goode encore? I know it's chuck's town and all... But I suppose it's best not to play ALL the cool stuff in one show. Believe it or not, world to give, waiting for a miracle, to lay me down, st Stephen>eleven, and scarlet! Talk about Jer domination. Some pretty choice bobby tunes as well with memphis blues, cassidy, stranger, and let it grow. Looks like barraco got his time to shine with blow away and mister charlie. And why not throw a NFA sandiwch (with the GDTRFB) to boot?

I'm sure the band played it all to perfection. Can you say show of the tour? Would love to hear this one. anyone who was there see any tapers?

• Forum MVP

This show was my favorite I caught of the tour so far, although the next night at the Cabin Fever fest was smoking as well. I may be a little bold by saying this but I think this was the best show I've seen since Philly new years run or Boston last East Coast tour. The set lists was sublime. More to say tomorrow. Just got done a 13 hrs drive.

St Louis is a hidden jem when it comes to anything Grateful Dead related. I love living in the area. Weve had 7 Walkers, Further, Mickey Hart, DSO all in one year. If you look at all the setlist from those shows they are all barn burners.

Get to see great jam bands come into town and also there is a few other grateful dead cover bands to go see on a weekly basis that are very good. Both DS0 drummers sittin in from time to time with our local bands when they are home is a plus.

• Forum MVP

I'm not a fan of Johnny B Goode much either. However, I feel the dead often closed shows they felt they played at a high level with it. The song gets most of the crowd moving and is one of the all time classic guitar songs. It also can serve as a change to the overwhelming emotional, spiritual, and transcendental music we just heard. In this case, I am going to come out in support of the song selection. I'm not a huge fan of playing songs due to its link to a city, but I do love when DSO plays an elective that stays with in the general framework of a GD show, but also delivers something extra and special. Believe it or Not through World to Give was an emotional journey of triumphs, failures, dreams, and crushing reality that in the end reinvigorates the spirit. This show is all about why I keep coming back and I hate missing shows. I'm so happy I got to be there. The whole way home from Cabin Fever I talked about why we should be going to Kentucky not heading home is due to moments like the one experienced in St. Louis. I will be back out this weekend for Cleveland and Columbus. I hope the fans in St. Louis know this show was special.

Great clips from the show thanks. I made it for the Second Set and even though I prefer recreations, it was smoking. As an STL guy I would have prefered Around and Around or Promised Land to honor Charles Berry..

But you won't hear me complaining...and every keyboard player that comes through this town and covers this tune who knows anything about rock and roll know they can't let the spirit of Johnnie Johnson down by just going through the motions on this tune..

Rob knows....and he tore it up....

Archived