Insensitive/Controversial Musings for RickE

JenL1125

I think northern CA and southern CA should be divided into two separate states, with the northern portion being nationally recognized as the more awesome of the two states. I think they should mention it on the new state coin...I think that if you marry a professional athlete, you should expect to be cheated on and accept it as part of the deal...I think Frankenberry was the best cereal ever...I think lip-syncing and dancing around on stage is not any kind of a display of musical talent. Get an upright microphone and a banjo and sing, dammit! I think Gloria Steinem is a sick bitch that was sent from hell to ruin families and the economy and promote the killing of babies . I DESPISE that HORRID BITCH!...I think the harmonica is the most underrated instrument..I think Richard Nixon was a good president,and he wouldn't have caught half as much shit if he'd been a better looking, more charismatic guy...I think Quantum Leap is a great show that no one else I know ever watched...I think Cheers is the best show ever, but Welcome Back Kotter had the best theme song (am I showing my age yet?)...I think DSO should play the AC Hilton this summer and every summer! ;)...I think the whole Grunge era of music in the '90's was severely depressing, and I'm glad it's over, but Nirvana is forever awesome...I think meditation should be taught in all public middle schools and high schools...I think we should stop looking for life on other planets because it's probably gonna be A LOT smarter than we are...I think that as much as I miss seeing Jerry Garcia, particularly with the JGB, I would rather see a red hot DSO show than a Dead show post '92. It was hard for me to write that, but if I'm being honest, and I'm basing it off of the quality of music and not emotions, than DSO is the clear winner. I'm tempted to say post Brent, but I did see some pretty good shows after him... DSO ROCKS!!!

• Forum MVP

I watched Quantum Leap (alternate history is one of my favorite sub-genres of SF) but I really loved Star Trek:Enterprise. Bakula was good in both. I still desperately miss X-Files but my heart will always belong to Combat! Jack Paar was the best host of The Tonight Show.

• Forum MVP

I think northern CA and southern CA should be divided into two separate states, with the northern portion being nationally recognized as the more awesome of the two states. I think they should mention it on the new state coin...I think that if you marry a professional athlete, you should expect to be cheated on and accept it as part of the deal...I think Frankenberry was the best cereal ever...I think lip-syncing and dancing around on stage is not any kind of a display of musical talent. Get an upright microphone and a banjo and sing, dammit! I think Gloria Steinem is a sick bitch that was sent from hell to ruin families and the economy and promote the killing of babies . I DESPISE that HORRID PIG!...I think the harmonica is the most underrated instrument..I think Richard Nixon was a good president,and he wouldn't have caught half as much shit if he'd been a better looking, more charismatic guy...I think Quantum Leap is a great show that no one else I know ever watched...I think Cheers is the best show ever, but Welcome Back Kotter had the best theme song (am I showing my age yet?)...I think DSO should play the AC Hilton this summer and every summer! ;)...I think the whole Grunge era of music in the '90's was severely depressing, and I'm glad it's over, but Nirvana is forever awesome...I think meditation should be taught in all public middle schools and high schools...I think we should stop looking for life on other planets because it's probably gonna be A LOT smarter than we are...I think that as much as I miss seeing Jerry Garcia, particularly with the JGB, I would rather see a red hot DSO show than a Dead show post '92. It was hard for me to write that, but if I'm being honest, and I'm basing it off of the quality of music and not emotions, than DSO is the clear winner. I'm tempted to say post Brent, but I did see some pretty good shows after him... DSO ROCKS!!!

Agree with the Northern Vs. Southern succession.

Athelete or B-list and up movie star = cheating = decent settlement

Aslee Simpson would disagree with you

Stienem = mouthbreather

Nixon = mouthbreather although he loved him some China

Quantum Lep = not so much...BJ and the Bear for me

Simpsons is the best show ever with The Sanford and Son theme taking the cake

Colbane was good - Nirvanna was not

Compulsory Meditation might solve most of the worlds problems

Keep looking for intelligent life, I bet they could show is a good time

Agree that a hot DSO show might top the Dead post 1990 (although there were some barn-burners in 91)

DSO does indeed rock

:headbang:

• Forum MVP

Friends and The Today Show each went downhill after they lost their monkeys. Dodge Ball is slightly better than Wedding Crashers but Citizen Kane is the greatest. Everything that both your Dad and Syd Barrett ever said was true. By this time next year Tebow will own NYC.

I think Frankenberry was the best cereal ever

OMG - I'm not the only one! Even my friends preferred Count Chocula.

my wife is totally organic (not to mention raw milk and cheese from the farm) and that would *not* be allowed in the house. Damage done - I'm gonna get me some...

frankenberrycereal.JPG

• Forum MVP

OMG - I'm not the only one! Even my friends preferred Count Chocula.

frankenberrycereal.JPG

I used to think Captain Crunch was the bomb until the roof of my mouth sounded very strong opposition. Fruity Pebbles and Coco-Puffs seem to be runnin neck-and-neck.

"Watchin X-Files with no lights on....oh were smokin down for this one!" Wait is that how that went? i forget.

• Forum MVP

I watched Quantum Leap (alternate history is one of my favorite sub-genres of SF) but I really loved Star Trek:Enterprise. Bakula was good in both. I still desperately miss X-Files but my heart will always belong to Combat! Jack Paar was the best host of The Tonight Show.

OMG! Chuck, it is like you went inside of my mind! Loved both Quantum Leap (I mean I really loved that show!) and Star Trek Enterprise--how adorable is Porthos??!! Always thought Scott Backula was terrific. X-Files is probably on my favorite show ever list, but I loved Combat (Vic Morrow!!) and Rat Patrol (not quite as much as Combat) when I was a kid. And another of my all-time favopries shows was Route 66 with Martin Millner and George Maharis! I have the complete series on CD and boy, the writing was so great back then! I also loved the Man From UNCLE and I must say when I first saw Star Trek, it was an epiphany!

• Forum MVP

Rat Patrol was a good successor in the Combat time slot, for sure. Then I think it devolved to The Mod Squad. And there was It Takes a Thief ("look, Al, I'm not asking you to spy, I'm just asking you to steal"). But the real mind-bender was the brief glorious summer season a few years earlier of The Prisoner! That was when everything else, like Star Trek, was in reruns so it got undivided attention.

And I'd take a dozen Porthos pups!

• Forum MVP

When they split Carolina into North and South, fortunately they ran the line 10 miles below my fair city, so I could live in one and work in the other. That way I can side with whomever I'm hanging with. South has better beaches, North has better mountains. You really had to jump on Frankenberry once you poured the milk, or you'd end up with some spongy, algae-like floating goo that despite tasting good, had a really bad texture and a kinda chalky-chemically after taste... guess I enjoyed the whole grain goodness of Sugar Smacks better. Welcome back Kotter was catchy, but the theme song for Barney Miller was actually good music. X-Files was the shit, and in the same era as another under-rated, short-lived series called Twin Peaks. Since my GD show years were 85-95 I'd have to say that while I've seen some scorchers, the best GD music I've seen live has been played by DSO - partly because I wasn't old enough to catch my favorite years, and partly because DSO is flippin' awesome!!

I think northern CA and southern CA should be divided into two separate states, with the northern portion being nationally recognized as the more awesome of the two states. I think they should mention it on the new state coin...I think that if you marry a professional athlete, you should expect to be cheated on and accept it as part of the deal...I think Frankenberry was the best cereal ever...I think lip-syncing and dancing around on stage is not any kind of a display of musical talent. Get an upright microphone and a banjo and sing, dammit! I think Gloria Steinem is a sick bitch that was sent from hell to ruin families and the economy and promote the killing of babies . I DESPISE that HORRID BITCH!...I think the harmonica is the most underrated instrument..I think Richard Nixon was a good president,and he wouldn't have caught half as much shit if he'd been a better looking, more charismatic guy...I think Quantum Leap is a great show that no one else I know ever watched...I think Cheers is the best show ever, but Welcome Back Kotter had the best theme song (am I showing my age yet?)...I think DSO should play the AC Hilton this summer and every summer! ;)...I think the whole Grunge era of music in the '90's was severely depressing, and I'm glad it's over, but Nirvana is forever awesome...I think meditation should be taught in all public middle schools and high schools...I think we should stop looking for life on other planets because it's probably gonna be A LOT smarter than we are...I think that as much as I miss seeing Jerry Garcia, particularly with the JGB, I would rather see a red hot DSO show than a Dead show post '92. It was hard for me to write that, but if I'm being honest, and I'm basing it off of the quality of music and not emotions, than DSO is the clear winner. I'm tempted to say post Brent, but I did see some pretty good shows after him... DSO ROCKS!!!

good morning

here's Johnny

• Forum MVP

Best cereal straight out of the box between 2 and 5 a.m. was (and remains) Capt. Crunch. Peanut butter, crushed up Butterfinger, and Dannon vanilla yogurt mixed together worked mighty fine, too. Band of Brothers says it all. It really was the Greatest Generation. Never ever start in on boilermakers while peaking. Technicolor hurling so hard it feels like your ribs will crack is not fun.

Captain Crunch is good, but not until it soaks up milk and gets soft! Right out of the box? Impressive. The roof of my mouth would be bleeding...Tea is right - it is Cobain, and not Nirvana, that I really like...Cocoa Pebbles over Fruity Pebbles...Van Halen over Van Hagar...Quantum Leap over X Files {even though X Files was awesome!) for the simple fact that Scott Bakula was super cute:) That's a legitimate scientific basis for reaching a conclusion, btw...The Munsters over the Addams Family. They had they the cooler granparent, better theme music, and a house with it's own storm cloud...I'm sticking with Cheers as the best SITCOM of all time. It had the best circus of supporting characters, i.e. Kelly, John Allen Hill, Esther Clavin, Robin Colcord, Nick and Loretta Tortelli...

Guest crazy digits

Jen, you keep bringing up the ac hilton. I gotta say that this was a shirt ringer for several of us in the back right corner....maybe the hardest dancethon I've ever been apart of...and I've been to a couple..I had sooooo much fun this past summer at this venue....of course, I wanted to go to AK again this summer but there are only so many shows and places DSO can visit in one year...

• Forum MVP

Shirt ringers equal joy. Cheers had one of the best ensemble casts and was indeed possibly the best comedy, but you can't discount MASH and Hill Street Blues. The trick with the Capt. Crunch sessions was what you washed them down with for sure; milk was better than beer. Young Scully was the secret weapon.

• Forum MVP

Well not exactly what I had in mind. Was looking more for a jackalope donkey bomb, a la Herdy style. I very opinionated but clueless and speculative Deadheadmike post. Whatever happend to deadheadmike? I hear from comesatime a bit, but his more post happy ego is gone. Hell, even ducats, king of stalker, borderline sexually harassing, and completely insensitive in almost all his posts has not fulfilled my urge for some excitement. On the other hand, the board does seem to be engaged in some more mindless babble. At least, we have some posts flying here. I was starting to worry where you all went. Tour will be starting soon. I'm sure more posts will occur when the music is enlightening our senses. I think I will be at all, but two or three of these shows so this it should be a good ride. I hope to see many of you, even that jackass of a donkey.

WC: My birthday is in July, and going to the Hilton show and spending the night was my birthday present for the past two years. I've only been seeing the band for that long, and I just figured it was a regular stop for them, and I love it there! But now I see that it's not a regular stop, and I'm buuuuummmmmmmed. So I PROBABLY won't whine about it anymore, but I had to get it out of my system. I know they have a heavy schedule;)

• Forum MVP

Well not exactly what I had in mind. Was looking more for a jackalope donkey bomb, a la Herdy style.

Okay so you are looking for some -panties up in a wad- material - is that right?

dels-underwear.jpg

Ok > I think DSO should announce before EVERY shows that the audience should just shut the fuck up and dance. If they don't is it because they would rather sell tickets to as many douchebags as they can at the expense of the core fans that truly support them?

That's all I got....today.

• Forum MVP

very opinionated but clueless and speculative Deadheadmike post. Whatever happend to deadheadmike? I hear from comesatime a bit, but his more post happy ego is gone.

I had high hopes for the ducats apology thread , thought there was some potential there ... and deadheadmikes post were not clueless , they were useless ,opinionated and speculative ...

• Forum MVP

comesatime to realize you still have no clue and your responses indicate so. haha. love ya buddy. the ducats thread still has potential. ducats even got a few bites but didn't seem to wheel in the fish. i stayed away for fear of being snagged in the net. maybe all this talk about ducats will get him to go for the money shot and really hit us where it hurts.

Archived