Hampton Beach, 6/2

TJed

DSO joyously and triumphantly ended their tour in front of a packed house of rain-soaked fans by re-creating:

06/04/76 (Fri) Paramount Theatre - Portland, OR

Set 1: Promised Land, Friend Of The Devil, Mama Tried, Sugaree, Cassidy, Candyman, Big River, Brown Eyed Women, Lazy Lightning > Supplication, Mission In The Rain, Looks Like Rain, Help On The Way > Slipknot > Franklin's Tower

Set 2: Playing In The Band, Might As Well, Samson & Delilah, Cosmic Charlie > Let It Grow > Drums > Stella Blue, Dancing In The Streets, U.S. Blues, E: Johnny B. Goode

Filler: How Sweet It Is

And, yes, it was very, very sweet indeed!

Thanks to all of the members of the band and crew who make all of this happen for your grateful fans.

• Forum MVP

LL>supp then MISSION!?!? I am an idiot for not going....... Ahhhhhhh! Soooooo sweeet totally jealous! Everyone get more rest than u can stand and we'll see ya in CO..... Off to cali tomorrow and it goes without saying but i will anyway that mango and i would not be moving to cali and def not together if it wasn't for this band so thank you for more than words could ever tell!

That was an incredible night! The sound was extremely good, and the band was super honed & locked in.

June '76 is such a rich period, it's like the GD came back with a vengeance, right out of the gate on 6/3. That's the one I was familiar with, don't know that I've ever listed to the 6/4, though I think I must have, due to the Mission breakout.

Anyway, THANK YOU DSO for choosing this monster! First set was amazing, just wouldn't quit. The Stella was so heartfelt & beautiful. I absolutely love June '76, Mattson nailed the tone.

How Sweet it Is was just perfect. Absolutely fucking perfect.

Thanks DSO, extra thanks to Vorty for being such a sweet host. Enjoy some hometime, folks, thanks for another great time!

Talking with folks in beer line at end of 1st set no one thought it was an original setlist, although there was nothing out of place for it not to be a pre 79 original setlist.

Part of it was the Lazy Lightning, Mission in the rain, LL Rain, Franklins (roll away the dew) - all the RAIN theme and the fact that it was just a wicked nasty rainy nite...

The other part was the length - almost 2 hour monster

1st set much better than 2nd, nothing wrong with 2nd, just 1st was simply WOW !!!

• Forum VIP

I have to repeat a report from a long time deadhead ( 1st show '69 Ark Boston) ...he said and I quote " the show was played to perfection "....Jeff was playing his new Travis Beam.... same guitar maker Jerry played in '76 & '77...the sound and tone were spot on....the show from Portland is a legendary show among GD Heads becasue it has one of the few GD Mission in Rain's...what a way to end the tour...the band was on fire on the whole tour...great job to the CREW ....for all you DEW this Buds for you...as they say....Peace to all...Dr V.

• Forum MVP

I have to repeat a report from a long time deadhead ( 1st show '69 Ark Boston) ...he said and I quote " the show was played to perfection "....Jeff was playing his new Travis Beam.... same guitar maker Jerry played in '76 & '77...the sound and tone were spot on....the show from Portland is a legendary show among GD Heads becasue it has one of the few GD Mission in Rain's...what a way to end the tour...the band was on fire on the whole tour...great job to the CREW ....for all you DEW this Buds for you...as they say....Peace to all...Dr V.

Don't let the Senator fool you .... those Buds are tax right offs ..... :rolleyes:

great show, danced my ass off :) it was great to meet up with so many friends from all over the country! the venue was spectacular and the staff were super friendly. even tho the weather was BEAUTIFUL almost the whole tour, in my opinion, the rain and crazy weather only made the show in hampton more special. my only complaint was the one beer per person and the looong drink lines. and the flooded roads that almost killed our car..

• Advisory Board

great show, danced my ass off :) it was great to meet up with so many friends from all over the country! the venue was spectacular and the staff were super friendly. even tho the weather was BEAUTIFUL almost the whole tour, in my opinion, the rain and crazy weather only made the show in hampton more special. my only complaint was the one beer per person and the looong drink lines. and the flooded roads that almost killed our car..

great to see you, lady. take good care!

xx lala

• Forum MVP

I thought the energy was monstrous for this show especially considering it was the last of a long tour. The band looked and sounded as lively splendidly vibrant. The show was one of the strongest of the tour at an excellent dance venue. Both sets were fantastic with gems. Mission, help slip Franklin, stella blue. Thats your monies worth right there.

Archived