Happy Birthday Brent Mydland

jamminOnThe1

• Forum MVP

Of the 35 or so GD shows I saw from '83 - '93, all but 2 were Brent shows from the 80's.

After he died, I never could quite get on board with the ensuing sound. So I chose to bow out gracefully and not dilute the magical memories of yesteryear.

I loved Brent's game.

Of the 35 or so GD shows I saw from '83 - '93, all but 2 were Brent shows from the 80's.

After he died, I never could quite get on board with the ensuing sound. So I chose to bow out gracefully and not dilute the magical memories of yesteryear.

I loved Brent's game.

The first show I saw was 1/7/79 (barely 15 years old) hoping they would play Truckin' because that was the only song I knew. I was amazed at how many tunes I never heard of yet loved. Acu, I too saw about 33 shows between 1981 and 1990 all with Brent.... then, for me, it was off to India and although I would not be there all that time (of course), my next show was The Dead in 2003 (with a new and different keyboardist) in southern NJ with a view of Phily across the water, then Willie Nelsons Family picnic in the hills outside of Austin. Although I regret not seeing any shows with Stevie Windwood that tour, the 3 shows with Willie were amazing.....rambling now...back to topic...Love Brent!

Then came DSO for me and something re-awakened – bring on the winter tour!

Archived